[Updated]The Court Of Fallen Shadows

cman64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peLEorA41tY

5hUBBAP.jpg

[!]An old book lies before you, seemingly ages old with a torn binding.[!]

The Fallen Shadows

Long ago, two spirits came together, and formed the first Court of immortal beings, bringing those whom that have passed, together. It supplied them with reason, order, and power above all. These two Graven will always be remembered, and their return shall bring a coming of an age unknown to all that are aware.

The Court has long been forgotten, for its founders have left and forgotten their needs.

This, was soon to change….

For within a dark and mysterious catacomb, lies the laws of the spirits. The very laws that were Engraved upon these halls, and shall be remembered for an eternity...

GjipgKG.jpg

...To never harm their Unholy Brothers...

a9Jjae2.jpg

...To hold vigilance against the Descendant's promise...

onaJqH7.jpg

...To fear and shun the hated lights...

dDjtmoX.jpg

...To never succumb into the Mortals’ Ignorance...

xI8irNO.jpg

...And to protect their brothers and sisters of Dark unholy Fate...

These laws were set in stone by the old scribe, whom remained to protect his unholy land. Known only as the Engraved, the scribe took to these laws, and were bound by them. His laws, however, remained barren of his kin, and so was brought upon the new court.

UkFiOiy.png

The Court of Fallen Shadows.

But what is a court without his Kin? And soon the Engraved set out, seeking his fallen brothers and sisters to return.

The Scribe removed his former title, and was no longer bound to the Court of Souls. Soon, his very being warped and shifted, soon evolving his very existence not as a simple scribe, but as The Shadow of the Court. The Very Shadow that lurks behind every corner, every alley, and every ruin.    

But for all who shall heed word,

Beware the shadows, for they hide darker things...

The Court operates on a Judicial level, supplying positions to those who deem worthy by the Shadow. The Shadow brings order into the chaos of the Court, allowing for all disputes to go about peacefully. This, however, is not guaranteed.

The Court of Fallen Shadows operates on a sole ideal - power. Absolute, complete, and total power. And it is this pursuit of power for which the Court exists. As they say, strength in numbers. A thousand ghosts are more powerful than one, and the more spirits which stand or float at one's side, the easier it is to survive, to fight, to escape, and to complete various tasks. Popularity and favour giving is very much a thing in this Court - it is well-known that the more allies one has at it's side, the more powerful it becomes.

In short, the Court functionally treats every ghost as though they were equal, and exists for the continued gathering of power and survival of all spectral-kind. It is a dangerous and mysterious force, and it's true inner workings are unknown even to me, however, it undoubtedly exists. Be wary - you may face one ghost now. But in the future, will it call upon it's allies to give it aid? I wish you luck in the hunt, be you man, Mali, Uruk, or dwarf.

I am James Lawrence the Second. Beware the shadows, for they hide darker things still.

((OOC Info))

As stated in James Lawrence's so called study on the Court, there is no true ranking system. Officially, the Court holds no prejudice. There is no true imbalance of power. There are positions in which you may be a part of, such as peacekeeper, scribe, etc. But the power does not alter, even with the Shadow himself, for he is there to start, conclude, and keep order to the court. What is respected, however, is age. Age defines a Spectral being, giving it wisdom, power, and Influence. This will undoubtedly result in more respect from your fellow kind as well.

This "guild" will essentially be a player-led event team-like construct, mainly OOC with RP elements, that focuses on a very specific roleplay style that is often overlooked but can be very fun should one RP it properly. Created in mind to allow large scale ghost events with multiple ghost RPers taking part, this OOC/RP creation will focus on teamwork, collaboration, and competition.

Each event will cater to a different playerbase. Each event will attempt to inspire either dread or awe. Whether it is exploring an ancient sprawling catacomb, attempting to appease the spirits of the dead, or fending off waves of attacking preternatural creatures, or even the good old fashioned witch hunt, the event will be crafted in mind to create a classic spooky (and possibly humorous) atmosphere.

While this organization will take longer than the Event Team to pull together and arrange events, will find it more difficult to roleplay effectively without the aid of the mechanics/looseness of the rules available to the Event Team, and will not have such great rewards as the Event Team, it's roleplay will be no less enjoyable, and of no lesser quality.

We hope to see you around.

Sincerely,

The ghosts of LoTC.

The Court Positions(To stay organized)

The Shadow of the Court: The Shadow starts the meetings, ends them, and keeps the meetings less chaotic and organized.(cman64)

The Silencer: keeps the spirits from attacking one another, a guard if you will.

The Engraved: Records all that occurs within the court, keeping track of what is said and done.(Akiriza)

The Horsemen: Brings new Souls to the Court

More positions will be added if needed*

The "Ranks" (If meaningless titles make you feel good. ;) )

Use these in RP to signify age and/or refer to another spirit by an honorific.

1000+ yrs = Ghast

800-999 yrs = Fallen

600-799 yrs = Phantom

400-599 yrs = Spectre/Poltergeist (Not just used amongst the two respective kinds of ghosts, Graven have been known to be classified as one or the other as well according to their alignments)

200-399 yrs = Spirit

0-199 yrs = Soul

The Rules

OOC

-Be friendly to other players! Even if they aren't to you, try your best to be polite.

-Avoid BRs! Try not to make them over the tiniest little thing. That doesn't mean DON'T do it - just try and avoid it. Try to solve it with them first. And no, trying to solve it does not count as "BR!!!1!!1!"

-Take a chill pill and be courteous. Ask the other players for feedback, for permission to continue RPing as though night, etc. As a Graven, if you want PvP, don't force it on people who don't want it. Ask them. If they don't want it, don't call PvP default, unless it is absolutely necessary, like, say, "Oh ****, I gtg for so and so reason." And don't just be a jerk and say that just because you want PvP.

-Follow server rules! This should be obvious.

-I would say have fun here, but obviously, that's not exactly something you can make a rule about... Albeit if you're not having fun, why are you here, man? :P Go out there and RP as you like!

-Follow lore! Follow it, can't stress this enough! Act spooky! Use spectral magic to it's full extent and scare the **** out of someone's character! Do it! It's fun and if you do it properly, it'll be so for other..

iNOZtHS.jpg

The Commandments of the Court

-Do not aggress a fellow Soul without reason. Those whom aggress their fellow Souls will be SHUNNED.

-There is a fine line between alliance/protection of mortals and friendship! Those whom dally with the living will be SHUNNED and PURGED, lest they bring down upon us the might of the living.

-Fear the light, for light weakens and burns. Those who walk the light will be SHUNNED.

-Leave the Clerics and Shamans in peace, lest they hunt us down and rend our souls with faithful light! Those who provoke their wrath will be SHUNNED, PURGED, and DELIVERED UNTO THE LIGHT.

-Protect and aid your fellow Souls, that we may each attain Godhood in death! Those who refuse will be SHUNNED.

((Further OOC Details))

We'll be RPing the actual group as though it were something akin to a council/moot, with meetings held every other week or whenever any one member calls for such a meeting, either in order to call into question some of the "laws," propose new "legislations," or call for favours (event part of the "guild.")

Laws will be very largely subjective, with different interpretations by different ghosts. A ghost, if found to have apparently broken such a law, would be called to task and trial, with each ghost voting on whether to dole out punishments or not. Just the same, a ghost can possibly appeal said verdict after a time IF they were simply shunned.

OOC Application  

Minecraft name:

Skype ID (Required):

Time zone:

Have you been banned sometime in the past 6 months?

What are your characters? Is one of them a ghost? If not, would you be willing to make one and possibly PK a character to do it?

What sort of allegiances have any of your characters held in the past?

What sort of roleplay do you specialize in? (e.g. Peaceful, Conflict, Exploration, Spontaneous, etc.)

What do you believe are key factors for a successful spooky event?

What strengths could you contribute to the Court OOCly? Are you knowledgeable in lore, great at organizing, good at building, a good writer, what? Don't have to get into detail, and doesn't have to be super amazing stuff, list it off.

Why do you want to be part of the Court?

Create a distinct event you might do as part of the Court. Doesn't have to be long or detailed now, just decent!

Tell us what you expect personally from the Court. This doesn't particularly matter and is optional, however, your saying something will help us develop the group into what it needs to be.

Finally... Do you agree to adhere to Supremacy's lore pertaining to the estrangement of mortals, among all other lore pertaining to proper Spectral etiquette?

What position do you want to have(If interested in one)?

((RP Application))

[!] The boom and rumble of hooves trampling the ground sound through the night air, seeking spirits of old and new alike. Taking the form of a ghostly rider, burning with fire and smoke, and sitting upon a vile horse, it hurls a dark, old, and crumpled scroll at your ghostly character's feet. Within the scroll is first written the Commandments of the Court and following that, it's purpose as a legislative entity bent on pursuing the survival and empowerment of all spectral-kind. Finally, there comes the actual letter itself.

You have been summoned to take up a role at the Spectral Court. Join us now, brother or sister in Death, and we shall attain Godhood together. Write the letter and call for the spirit of the Cavalier, and his protégé will soon ride to take you home.

Welcome back, friend of Darkness.

Your name and/or title.

Your allegiances in life.

Do you agree to adhere by the Commandments of the Court, and to actively pursue and follow any future verdicts that the Court as an entity chooses to establish or abolish?

Your age.

Note:

You do not have to PK a character to be in this court. New characters or ones that are already dead can join, they just have to be of the Spectral kind. Also Post your Application on the forum post

Edited by cman64

(( sorry for the OOC post, I just wanted to say that polaris has a crypt with real characters that were perma-killed, and that you are free to use these characters, you can PM me or come to polaris and check out the crypt, you can also delete this post if you don't want it here, I won't be upset or anything. ))

OOC Application 

Minecraft name:bobo1998play

Skype ID (Required):Matt Sisti

Time zone:EST

Have you been banned sometime in the past 6 months?No

What are your characters? Is one of them a ghost? If not, would you be willing to make one and possibly PK a character to do it? I currently have no characters as ghosts but I do have an empty slot I am willing to use for ghost RP

What sort of allegiances have any of your characters held in the past? They were allied to Asterwald, Oren, The Necromancer’s, and the dwarves

What sort of roleplay do you specialize in? (e.g. Peaceful, Conflict, Exploration, Spontaneous, etc.) I can roleplay in any situation but I mostly specialize in Spontaneous and instant RP as that is the most interesting kind.

What do you believe are key factors for a successful spooky event? Good characters all spooky in their own ways with defined characteristics and mood swings.

What strengths could you contribute to the Court OOCly? Are you knowledgeable in lore, great at organizing, good at building, a good writer, what? Don't have to get into detail, and doesn't have to be super amazing stuff, list it off.: I consider myself an excellent builder, having built in almost every kind of situation, and never stop until each build I commit to looks exactly the way it should. I can write well in most situations averagely but I consider myself a better builder. Another Noteworthy quality I posses is on the spot Brainstorming and Solving and or making up ideas thoughts names situations on the spot.

. Why do you want to be part of the Court?: It seems like a lot of fun RP and that is what this server is all about, Also because I’m always looking out for new people to connect and share fun roleplay experiences with on lotc.

Create a distinct event you might do as part of the Court. Doesn't have to be long or detailed now, just decent!: A Ghost walks into the court and asks for help in removing humans from his house, they defiled his grave and flattened his house to the ground building something else on top. . The court decides whether to help the spirit or not. If they do they go out to the house and remove the humans from it if not they do not they send the poor ghost away.

Tell us what you expect personally from the Court. This doesn't particularly matter and is optional; however, you’re saying something will help us develop the group into what it needs to be: I think the higher members of the court with positions should be more intimidating and powerful and all of the other members should just be an average and or younger age who are mostly just onlookers that sometimes voice opinions. Whether or not it is this way the court is concluded I am sure it will be great and enjoyable rp.

Finally... Do you agree to adhere to Supremacy's lore pertaining to the estrangement of mortals, among all other lore pertaining to proper Spectral etiquette?: Yes of course

((RP Application))

[!] The boom and rumble of hooves trampling the ground sound through the night air, seeking spirits of old and new alike. Taking the form of a ghostly rider, burning with fire and smoke, and sitting upon a vile horse, it hurls a dark, old, and crumpled scroll at your ghostly character's feet. Within the scroll is first written the Commandments of the Court and following that, it's purpose as a legislative entity bent on pursuing the survival and empowerment of all spectral-kind. Finally, there comes the actual letter itself.

You have been summoned to take up a role at the Spectral Court. Join us now, brother or sister in Death, and we shall attain Godhood together. Write the letter and call for the spirit of the Cavalier, and his protégé will soon ride to take you home.

Your name and/or title. Cicero Delecard

Your allegiances in life. To Asterwald and the Imperial army of Oren.

Do you agree to adhere by the Commandments of the Court, and to actively pursue and follow any future verdicts that the Court as an entity chooses to establish or abolish?

Your age. 300yrs (spirit)

((On the statement above, since you said you don't really have any ghosts right now, doesn't your ghost char need to start out as a haunt? That is according to ghost lore if it is right))

Jack thinks about the coming of the court, pausing briefly before wandering about in the cold night.

((yes but this guy was from a long time ago so i was just making the assumption that if i made this ghost he would have been around for all that time if not please inform me and I would change him into a younger one. ))

((Well the lore of ghosts are on the lore list section you may wanna look that up because according to a that a ghost evolves sorta like this: haunt>revenent> poltergeist or specter. I can't really put a link cuz I'm on an iPhone, sorry))

((np ill look it up))

Minecraft name:   kido122

Skype ID (optional):   joshua.chap96

Time zone: -EST ((USA, NY))

Have you been banned sometime in the past 6 months? -No

What are your characters? Is one of them a ghost? If not, would you be willing to make one and possibly PK a character to do it?:

-I have two characters, Maehr'Celia, Elf, and Samuel King, Human and I am more then willing to kill one of them, or create another as to join with this RP

What sort of allegiances have any of your characters held in the past?: Samuel has no allegiances to anyone but himself, working towards better improve his life over helping others and as for Maehr, his allegiances lie's with a guild of thieves, liars, and all around unusual friends, but those ties have become strained over the years

What sort of roleplay do you specialize in? (e.g. Peaceful, Conflict, Exploration, Spontaneous, etc.): -Im generally lean to more peacful roleplay, though I would say Im a "allrounder" and will join in with any roleplay if it interests me

What do you believe are key factors for a successful spooky event? -Fear, mystery, unusual surroundings, suspense, but the keys factors can change from event to event

What strengths could you contribute to the Court OOCly? Are you knowledgeable in lore, great at organizing, good at building, a

good writer, what? Don't have to get into detail, and doesn't have to be super amazing stuff, list it off. -well, like to think Im good builder, given the time I can construct some interesting things (Though 'Scenery" I struggle with, but can manage) and Im as good as any other/possibly slightly above average writer

Why do you want to be part of the Court? -I like to vary my  Roleplay and Ghost Rp is something I looked into in the past, since this 'court' was created I felt as if it was a prime time to start and would provide more Rp

Create a distinct event you might do as part of the Court. Doesn't have to be long or detailed now, just decent!

Nice Day on The Beach

A small group wanders along the beach, staring out at the seemingly endless ocean letting the peaceful calm of day engulf them. As the day goes on, the sun soon begins to set and a rain begins to fall, a flash of lighting engulfs the area and off in the distance a ship can be seen beached. As they wander closer, the full view of the ship can be seen. It lays decrepit, the sails torn, masts splintered, and cargo lay strewn along the whole in hull. After searching the empty cargo, the group venture into the rotting ships hull. The bottom deck is dusty and musty smell is in the air. The patter of the rain is heard on the wood, with the rumble of thunder outside. As they move through the decks, the sound of water splashing the sides of the ship can be heard. As they reach the second deck the meet a sight of bones strewn along the floor, partial and full skeletons hang upon chains, and the sound of feet moving are heard on the top deck. As they make there way up to the top deck they are shocked to see men, ghost more likely, running about with the sound of gulls and high seas heard disspite being clearly beached. The ghost go on endlessly working, not aware of the presence of the group, except one by the captains cabin whom motions for them. As they approach, it points to the cabin and dissapate to nothing. As they try to open the door, the ghost suddenly stop and face them, anger in there faces they draw there ghastly blades and move towards the group. If the group decided to stay, the door would open just before the ghost reach them. As the door opens and they rush in, and it shuts, the room goes quite and a old skeleton, appearently the captain, lays over a rusted chest. Inside the chest they find a treasure of sorts....and soon find they are locked in the room. As time goes by, a laugh can be heard and the captains ghostly self rises from the skeleton, it rushes towards them, passes through them and dissapates as it reaches the door. A sudden crash is heard, the roar of angry seas is heard, the ship seemingly rocks uncontrolably, items fly off the shelves as the ship seemingly capsizes and sinks into the sea. The door swings open, and daylight rushes in.

Tell us what you expect personally from the Court. This doesn't particularly matter and is optional, however, your saying something will help us develop the group into what it needs to be.

N/A

Finally... Do you agree to adhere to Supremacy's lore pertaining to the estrangement of mortals, among all other lore pertaining to proper Spectral ettiquette? Why yes, yes I do

(( I went to the ghost forum post and saw that you need permission to play a ghost as they are granted ceartin powers does that apply for this group as well))

OOC Application 

Minecraft name:bobo1998play

Skype ID (Required):Matt Sisti

Time zone:EST

Have you been banned sometime in the past 6 months?No

What are your characters? Is one of them a ghost? If not, would you be willing to make one and possibly PK a character to do it? I currently have no characters as ghosts but I do have an empty slot I am willing to use for ghost RP

What sort of allegiances have any of your characters held in the past? They were allied to Asterwald, Oren, The Necromancer’s, and the dwarves

What sort of roleplay do you specialize in? (e.g. Peaceful, Conflict, Exploration, Spontaneous, etc.) I can roleplay in any situation but I mostly specialize in Spontaneous and instant RP as that is the most interesting kind.

What do you believe are key factors for a successful spooky event? Good characters all spooky in their own ways with defined characteristics and mood swings.

What strengths could you contribute to the Court OOCly? Are you knowledgeable in lore, great at organizing, good at building, a good writer, what? Don't have to get into detail, and doesn't have to be super amazing stuff, list it off.: I consider myself an excellent builder, having built in almost every kind of situation, and never stop until each build I commit to looks exactly the way it should. I can write well in most situations averagely but I consider myself a better builder. Another Noteworthy quality I posses is on the spot Brainstorming and Solving and or making up ideas thoughts names situations on the spot.

. Why do you want to be part of the Court?: It seems like a lot of fun RP and that is what this server is all about, Also because I’m always looking out for new people to connect and share fun roleplay experiences with on lotc.

Create a distinct event you might do as part of the Court. Doesn't have to be long or detailed now, just decent!: A Ghost walks into the court and asks for help in removing humans from his house, they defiled his grave and flattened his house to the ground building something else on top. . The court decides whether to help the spirit or not. If they do they go out to the house and remove the humans from it if not they do not they send the poor ghost away.

Tell us what you expect personally from the Court. This doesn't particularly matter and is optional; however, you’re saying something will help us develop the group into what it needs to be: I think the higher members of the court with positions should be more intimidating and powerful and all of the other members should just be an average and or younger age who are mostly just onlookers that sometimes voice opinions. Whether or not it is this way the court is concluded I am sure it will be great and enjoyable rp.

Finally... Do you agree to adhere to Supremacy's lore pertaining to the estrangement of mortals, among all other lore pertaining to proper Spectral etiquette?: Yes of course

((RP Application))

Your name and/or title. Cicero Delecard

Your allegiances in life. To Asterwald and the Imperial army of Oren.

Your age. 300yrs (spirit)

Darkness soon meets this spirit as a horse trots forward. The Dark shadows grow from all directions, reducing the atmosphere into a chilled night.

The Horseman meets you, Cicero Delecard, guiding you into the crypts of the Shadows.

You are now apart of the court, and the court apart of you.

Welcome, Brother, to The Court of Fallen Shadows,

((Accepted)) 

Minecraft name:   kido122

Skype ID (optional):   joshua.chap96

Time zone: -EST ((USA, NY))

Have you been banned sometime in the past 6 months? -No

What are your characters? Is one of them a ghost? If not, would you be willing to make one and possibly PK a character to do it?:

-I have two characters, Maehr'Celia, Elf, and Samuel King, Human and I am more then willing to kill one of them, or create another as to join with this RP

What sort of allegiances have any of your characters held in the past?: Samuel has no allegiances to anyone but himself, working towards better improve his life over helping others and as for Maehr, his allegiances lie's with a guild of thieves, liars, and all around unusual friends, but those ties have become strained over the years

What sort of roleplay do you specialize in? (e.g. Peaceful, Conflict, Exploration, Spontaneous, etc.): -Im generally lean to more peacful roleplay, though I would say Im a "allrounder" and will join in with any roleplay if it interests me

What do you believe are key factors for a successful spooky event? -Fear, mystery, unusual surroundings, suspense, but the keys factors can change from event to event

What strengths could you contribute to the Court OOCly? Are you knowledgeable in lore, great at organizing, good at building, a

good writer, what? Don't have to get into detail, and doesn't have to be super amazing stuff, list it off. -well, like to think Im good builder, given the time I can construct some interesting things (Though 'Scenery" I struggle with, but can manage) and Im as good as any other/possibly slightly above average writer

Why do you want to be part of the Court? -I like to vary my  Roleplay and Ghost Rp is something I looked into in the past, since this 'court' was created I felt as if it was a prime time to start and would provide more Rp

Create a distinct event you might do as part of the Court. Doesn't have to be long or detailed now, just decent!

Nice Day on The Beach

A small group wanders along the beach, staring out at the seemingly endless ocean letting the peaceful calm of day engulf them. As the day goes on, the sun soon begins to set and a rain begins to fall, a flash of lighting engulfs the area and off in the distance a ship can be seen beached. As they wander closer, the full view of the ship can be seen. It lays decrepit, the sails torn, masts splintered, and cargo lay strewn along the whole in hull. After searching the empty cargo, the group venture into the rotting ships hull. The bottom deck is dusty and musty smell is in the air. The patter of the rain is heard on the wood, with the rumble of thunder outside. As they move through the decks, the sound of water splashing the sides of the ship can be heard. As they reach the second deck the meet a sight of bones strewn along the floor, partial and full skeletons hang upon chains, and the sound of feet moving are heard on the top deck. As they make there way up to the top deck they are shocked to see men, ghost more likely, running about with the sound of gulls and high seas heard disspite being clearly beached. The ghost go on endlessly working, not aware of the presence of the group, except one by the captains cabin whom motions for them. As they approach, it points to the cabin and dissapate to nothing. As they try to open the door, the ghost suddenly stop and face them, anger in there faces they draw there ghastly blades and move towards the group. If the group decided to stay, the door would open just before the ghost reach them. As the door opens and they rush in, and it shuts, the room goes quite and a old skeleton, appearently the captain, lays over a rusted chest. Inside the chest they find a treasure of sorts....and soon find they are locked in the room. As time goes by, a laugh can be heard and the captains ghostly self rises from the skeleton, it rushes towards them, passes through them and dissapates as it reaches the door. A sudden crash is heard, the roar of angry seas is heard, the ship seemingly rocks uncontrolably, items fly off the shelves as the ship seemingly capsizes and sinks into the sea. The door swings open, and daylight rushes in.

N/A

Finally... Do you agree to adhere to Supremacy's lore pertaining to the estrangement of mortals, among all other lore pertaining to proper Spectral ettiquette? Why yes, yes I do

You are now apart of the court, and the Court apart of you.

Welcome back, Brother, to The Court of Fallen Shadows

((Accepted))

(( I went to the ghost forum post and saw that you need permission to play a ghost as they are granted ceartin powers does that apply for this group as well))

((This is not necessarily applied, and was not in the past as far as I know. You will RP your powers that you gain through age (in the lore). Just use the powers correctly and to the lore standards, then you should be fine. PM me the link to this post so I can see it.))

((This was never the case except for two kinds of ghosts - Graven of the First Generation and Graven of the Second. The Second still requires an app be sent to me - the first are as of now free for all to RP. If you have further questions, please send me a PM, as I am and remain the expert on all ghostly matters and lore.))

*An rather simple letter is sent to the reformed court.*

Thine old founder wishes to be re-inititiated into the court... As apparently you bunch hath forgotten of me... Again.

-Signed: The Golden Soul

*An rather simple letter is sent to the reformed court.*

Thine old founder wishes to be re-inititiated into the court... As apparently you bunch hath forgotten of me... Again.

-Signed: The Golden Soul

*The Horseman approaches you, bearing a letter from the Court*

The court shall always have a place for its founders. Come and join us once again  

-signed, The Shadow

[[ I presume the rank "Wraith" is simply a social standing, and not something one may achieve? Wraiths, as a concept, do exist as accepted lore, if you were not aware. ]]

((The rank is a social standing, if it requires any change to the post then I would be happy to do so. ))