[Wip?]Fuchsbao

TavernLich

Fuchsboa:

Fuchsboa are notorious thieves, money hoarders and hoarders in general. They, commonly, are hard-at-work merchants, dealers, pickpockets, thieves and so forth. The one thing they care the most about are gold, riches and Minas, almost stopping at nothing to get their hands on even a few coins. They generally, however, are cowards, tricksters, preferring their tongue as their greatest weapon rather than the blade.

Personality:

- Fuchsboa are extremely greedy with their possessions, doing whatever it takes to keep them safe and secure from prying eyes and hands. 

- They, in accordance to their greed, are extremely cautious and untrusting, mostly spying on others through sheer obsession, some being quite grumpy.

- Fuchsboa are extreme hoarders, and despite their cautiousness, they go wild over every chance to earn (or take) a few coins.

- Most of the Fuchsboa are cowards through the bone, scurrying off into their safe-place.

Appearance:

Those of the Fuchsboa take on multiple appearances (mostly affecting their face only, the rest seemingly human), ranging from mouse-like faces covered in fur, to a horrid dog-like face. Their appearance usually depict their personalities, a mouse-ish looking one would be rather feeble and show exponential amounts of cowardice, while dog-faces ones would seem to be grumpy and rather rude. These appearances, however, do not affect their abilities.

The Fuchsboa are native to Athera, however we have seen none, why? Because along with their feeble and easily-scared personalities, they have the ability to hide their true appearance, in a sort of glamour. This glamour portrays them as usual members of the descendant races, allowing them to blend in and avoid unnecessary conflict. This glamour, however, can be seen through every once in a while. When a Fuchsboa losses control in anger, sadness or any other strong feeling, their glamour may fail them at certain times, sometimes it fails to comeback for many days, resulting in danger for the Fuchsboa. A Fuchsboa can also choose to shed their glamour for a while.

Once a glamour is chosen for a Fuchsboa, they cannot be changed, they are stuck with this glamour for the rest of their lives.

Traits:

Generations of cowardice and hiding have rendered the Fuchsboa usually useless in battle, unless they were to train, that being very unlikely due to their nature. With that, they are also quite weak, having little muscle mass to begin with at all. The Fuchsboa are also pure herbivores, ones with weak stomach retching at the very sight of meat in the raw. Magic also comes hard to them, but not impossible, they simply don't have the time to think about magic when their minds are mostly cluttered with thoughts of ways to try and gain more wealth.

Aside from those, the Fuchsboa, having hidden under tunnels many times in the older days in fear of danger, have bad eyesight, however trading their sight for a extremely sensitive sense of smell, becoming both a weakness and strength.

Strengths:

- Cunning and smart

- Able to disguise themselves

- Amazing sense of smell, similar to dogs, sometimes even better.

Weaknesses:

- Weak fighters

- Very little muscle (From all areas including legs, arms, etc)

- Raw meat makes them very uncomfortable

- Trouble with magic

- Always greedy, thinking of wealth and material possesions

- Weak eyesight

- Coward, often very fearful of others not of the Fuchsboa kind

Culture [WIP?]

*This is meant as a playable creature, not a race*

Red Lines

- Must RP their extreme greed and hoarding

- They are not fighters, believing more in knowledge 

- Weaker than your average person

- They aren't to be RPed wildly and they are cowards and sometimes shy, meaning they rarely show their face on purpose

Dwarven shape shifter mole people?

Me and fiend were just talking about mole people in skype when you posted this.. weird.

I once suggested a race, a very good point made was the fact that a new race will split up the player base more. This would be great as an event team race but as a playable one? No, sorry m'lord but;

I don't mean it as a race, no. But rather as a creature much like trolls and ghosts, a playable creature but by no means a race.

I don't mean it as a race, no. But rather as a creature much like trolls and ghosts, a playable creature but by no means a race.

Might want to put that in the title or clearly state it in the post :p

I did, at the bottom, in red letters, I said that! Latz us failur! Latz ruud lyke Uluhg! Nub'hozh Shruck! Nub'hozh!

Playable creatures are meant more for the occasional event. Because of the level of normal going on, it kindof reads more as something a player can pick up as their main.

If it is a creature then my suggestion is to shape it more like a creature. That means less intelligence and less humanoid. So for a thief, maybe the motivation behind stealing is a bowerbird type of thing. It collects coins, jewellery and gold to make a nest. Has lots of arms to make pickpocketing easier. But its still a beast so.... I why not a giant earthworm with arms?

These are just my little murmurings. But take some of the ideas on board. Fuchsboa looks way too playable as a 'race' than being a creature.

you could do almost all of this with Mech Stan

not shape shifting but the rest is easy enough

It's not shape shifting, they look like animals because they just do, the glamour itself is more like an illusion.

EDIT: Well appreciated Elindor, will do, thanks!

you could do almost all of this with Mech Stan

not shape shifting but the rest is easy enough

pretty sure that mech standard is gone

(Jesus Nug, that profile image is creepy but oddly attractive, reminds me of the actor who played Buffy)

Anyways, yeah I think Viper or some other admin axed it. I think they do a common sense standard now, or something.

(Jesus Nug, that profile image is creepy but oddly attractive, reminds me of the actor who played Buffy)

Anyways, yeah I think Viper or some other admin axed it. I think they do a common sense standard now, or something.

it's lana del rey smh

Still a WIP. Moved to Denied.