[Playable Creature] Vidrios (Crystal Golems)

L0rdLawyer

14 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about this idea?

• You like it!
    • You like the base of it and think that the branches of the idea need to be worked on!
    • You hate the whole idea!
    • You just want the magic plugin!

Crystal Golems (Vidrios)

How they were discovered:

A group of dwarves went into the caves far beneath the surface in search of the rarest gems. They stumbled into a cave and all around them were crystals larger than castles. They began mining into them and the cave began to rumble. From inside a few crystals, creatures awoke. They broke out of their homes and fought the dwarves. The dwarves ran from the cave and blocked it in. Nearly a week later, they went back into the cave with more dwarves armed with weapons to fight these creatures and found nothing in the cave but crystals. They blocked off the cave once they left and sealed it so no others could enter.

Nearly a year later, a young dwarf stumbled across the sealed gate with his friends and they broke through it and went into the caves. They did the same thing the original dwarves did and tried to take the crystals. They released the crystallized creatures and then discovered that the crystals could think like them but when the crystals spoke, they just let out a ringing noise. They chased the young dwarven gang out of the cave and then they came out of it into the Dwarven Lands. Immediately, a group of the Dwarven Legion saw them and an issue arose, the dwarves began to fight the Vidrios as if they were a uruk raging in their lands. Golems went hand to hand with them and began to fight as the Legion gathered weapons.The Vidrios' defeated the dwarves and left their cave home, now wandering deep in the lands of Athera.

What Makes These Creatures Special:

Vidrios (if you got a better name, please tell meh D:) are creatures made entirely of a rare crystals found deep under the earth. Most weapons are not able to break the crystals. They act as ents in a sense but possess traits of a golem. When they try and talk they let out a ringing noise. This ringing noise is how the Vidrios speak to each other.

Appearance:

Body Shape:
Vidrios are a semi-translucent sentient creature that was forced out of it’s home in the darkest of caves. The oldest of crystals have a glow in their crystal body. They often come in different colors and finding two that are exactly the same is not possible. A Vidrio has unique features about it that can change over time, just not height or width. Color groupings they can be found in can be: Red, Orange, and Yellow. Purple, and Blue. Black, Grey, and White. They can also appear as pure white. Their shape is based off of where they are from. The Vidrios vary in shape and size from each region. In the forest, the Vidrios are tall and slender and are usually a lighter color. Up high in the mountains, the Vidrios tend to be light colored and have a bluish tint. In the desert, they are usually yellow, red, and/or orange. In the dark caves, they can be any color. They do not change color from place to place but from where they originate. Their height varies with the region as well. A Vidrio that lives deep in caves will end up being short as one in the desert could be built like an uruk and even have tusks. One that lives in the forest could even have leaves comes out of it or a mini tree or just other plants.

Hands:

Their hands are also in a clubish form with four, five, or even six fingers. Their hand is set up in a formation of a eagles claw in a sense. The fingers act as claws/talons that are sharp as spears. Their hands make it so they cannot use weapons. 

(I have no drawings to show you just yet, I will make an edit plus an extra post to include those)

Advantages:

• Their crystals can’t be broken unless a iron pickaxe or hammer are used.

• They are at a max height of 8 feet.

• They are friendly to people that do not harm the Vidrio in sense, making the Vidrio fear them.

• They can think but not like a descendent.

• They can recover from a crystal being broke but it takes a elven week and a ton of gems and crystals.

Disadvantages:

• They can’t speak to others that aren’t Vidrios.

• If someone breaks a gem or ore around them, they will go into a rage.

• They collect gems and treat them as children.

• They fear/hate golems

• They can’t grow taller or wider

• They can’t have offspring.

• They are really slow unless in a crystal rage.

• Due to them communicating with rings, they are actually weakened by bells.

Misc. Info:

• A Vidrio can’t be controlled by magic.

• They think of golems as their enemy.

• They do NOT feel pain, instead they just lose limbs.

• They can’t wield swords or any weapons.

• Iron armour + can be used to represent their strength of crystallization in rp.

• It takes a long time to befriend one.

• They hate golems because Vidrios' believe that golems were made to destroy them, so it makes golems in their mind, unhonorable and a disgrace. 

• They can communicate with others, it is just a ringing noise but in different pitches.

• An iron sword can be used to represent their club fist plus talons in rp/pvp.

Guidelines:

• These sentient beings cannot be tamed / befriended by every race. They only share a bond with those of the races that love gems for beauty, not wealth.

• Stealing gems or ores will send the Crystal Golems into a rage that will make them kill you. This is a “Crystal Rage’. It is similar to a rage that you would get from a uruk after you insult his honor and pride.

How It Will Work Behind The Scenes:

If this is accepted, there will be a set number of crystal golems and a region shall be created by me and the few people that helped me create this idea. There will only be 4 to 5 crystal golems, NO MORE THEN THAT! A person wishing to rp one, if this is accepted, will be able to put forth an application on a future thread and they will be choosen for their talent in rp and acitivty.

RED LINES:

• They are not undefeatable.

• They are dumb but have enough knowledge to make friends, they are like a little child to an extent.

• They do not hate a dwarf right away, only if the dwarf threatens their well being or any gems or metals.

• They are slow unless in a “Crystal Rage”

• They CANNOT wield weapons.

• Their body can’t be modified to grow larger.

• They are similar to a golem/ent mix but hate golems because they believe that golems were made to mock them.

Got any suggestions, just post below or shoot me a forum pm. This is a Playable Creature Proposal that is a WIP. I am an open to any suggestions. :D

Now before you post, please do note this is just a suggestion and is a WIP. I am planning to add more to separate it from golems and ents because I have a feeling that people will ask, “We have golems, why do we need this?” To people that are going to ask that, you are right, we have golems. But the purpose of this is to add a new aspect to rp. Golems are a lifeless creature made by magic. These creatures are unknown and possess the chance for new lore to be created by the rp’ers, not by the person typing everything. Any feedback you give will be nice. Thanks for reading! :D

(Reserved for future pictures and an edit board of whatever I edit from ideas you give meh!)

If they're crystal beings, they shouldn't have a need to bond with anyone outside of their race/niche.

A "rage mode" for any sort of playable race is something that grinds my gears. If the thing's going to get angry, it shouldn't get a boost from it in any form or fashion.

I'd rather not see one of these things with emotions, otherwise it would just turn into a shiny Descendant race that doesn't feel pain.

A hatred for dwarves out of all races seems a bit far-fetched, seeing as dwarves would love gems and shiny things just as much as these creatures do, and they would probably have the most interactions with one another.

A hatred for golems seems a bit much, along with a lack of explanation of why the crystal things see them as  a mockery.

Warhammers should also be able to crack/damage these creatures.

Being a giant creature isn't interesting anymore, a cap size of 8 feet should do fine. 

Why would magic users be considered Gods to these creatures, dwarves would be a better fit since they are the ones who collect gems and possess the tools/weapons to destroy them all.

Why would they be unable to wield weapons, that seems like an un-needed restriction.

How they were discovered make doesn't much sense, and neither does your explanation of why you'd want em around. They are essentially Crystal Golems with feelings with unknown origins.

I think as a event creature these would be awesome. I am however not so hot on them as players.

I feel that these things would way to easy to powergame with, and I feel that we do not need another golem like race.

As I need to say, I am trying to make it as different from golems in anyway, this is just a start. I would like to thank everyone for their feedback, I will be making edits later. I do see what you guys pointed out, that I have made a few mistakes that are major. Thanks everyone for reading and giving me you feedback! :D

This is just a lil thing of why I THINK they can't weild weapons, maybe because of their hands? I mean having crystal hands is sorta clunky and hard to deal with.

I don't

This is just a lil thing of why I THINK they can't weild weapons, maybe because of their hands? I mean having crystal hands is sorta clunky and hard to deal with.

I don't

That is sort what I am trying to add. Pretty much here is their hands. It is a club at the end with four/five/six fingers that are razor sharp. They are pretty much spears. So in a RP battle, they will have a weapon already. Going to add more later in a few hours. 

I think as a event creature these would be awesome. I am however not so hot on them as players.

I can just smell the OP on them. You know people will powergame them to oblivion...

Edit: maybe I should add some feedback and not just bark.

Try and make the disadvantages actually be disadvantages. As they stand atm, they are just little 'issues' and don't really stand in the way of anything. They can only talk to other crystal golems...? That isn't really much a disadvantage, more like an annoyance, and etc.

I can just smell the OP on them. You know people will powergame them to oblivion...

Edit: maybe I should add some feedback and not just bark.

Try and make the disadvantages actually be disadvantages. As they stand atm, they are just little 'issues' and don't really stand in the way of anything. They can only talk to other crystal golems...? That isn't really much a disadvantage, more like an annoyance, and etc.

Their disadvantages are something the rp'er needs to create. That is my goal with this, there is also some. They can't speak to descendents because of how they speak which causes the descendents to not help them ever. They can't wield weapons, they fear/hate golems. Their disadvantages also are on which type they are btw, which is what the rp'er decides. 

I can't stress this enough, my ideas are just my ideas, everyone rp's differently. That is what will make this different. If you nerf the **** out of something, there is no room for people to put their own story into it. 

Edit: Some people will try to powergame them, but that is why there is a watch over who rp's them and a limit of who can. Also, if someone does a poor job at rp'ing one, there is a thing of blacklisting that person from rp'ing one. 

Their disadvantages are something the rp'er needs to create. 

That in and of itself will just create powergamers...

They're not going to police themselves

I like this, personally. So long as they do not take the path trolls took, I think that there is a great amount of potential for them.

I also get a distinct Dark Souls vibe from them too. I love dat-

crystal_golem_01.jpg

I'd rather not see players play these, but maybe as event creatures as suggested by some in this thread.

I'd rather not see players play these, but maybe as event creatures as suggested by some in this thread.

If a player plays as one of these for their character, it would create interesting events. People think differently and a ET can only do so much, and is only one person with the thoughts of one person.

I like this, personally. So long as they do not take the path trolls took, I think that there is a great amount of potential for them.

I also get a distinct Dark Souls vibe from them too. I love dat

Never have played Dark Souls sadly! D:

That in and of itself will just create powergamers...

They're not going to police themselves

Please read the main post again Rotharr, these guys can be defeated by ringing a bell. o-o

If someone can powergame past that, then please, tell me who. (Not meant to sound rude. If you take it that way, I am sorry)