Pathomancy Revised!.... Again

EmbryoGod

The same question could go towards healing magic. How can we heal very severe wounds magically without the knowledge on how to solve those wounds? It's all through their deity.

This is specifically about germs, though. We literally have no clue that they exist, whereas wounds are evidently there. 

It could be possible they don't fully ICly comprehend all they are doing, but know that they are able to do some set of skills and change the inner workings of a persons body. Much like healing, the same can be said about any magical breakthrough really. The point of it is to further lore, adapt, and upgrade our knowledge ICly. How would a void translocationist be able to learn how to will a physical item into the void and make it return without there being anything before it? And so on. But, I understand what you are saying that ICly we don't know any detailed explaination of germs, bacteria, etc. So it would be best for the OP to reply. Just putting what I see it as!

It could be possible they don't fully ICly comprehend all they are doing, but know that they are able to do some set of skills and change the inner workings of a persons body. Much like healing, the same can be said about any magical breakthrough really. The point of it is to further lore, adapt, and upgrade our knowledge ICly. How would a void translocationist be able to learn how to will a physical item into the void and make it return without there being anything before it? And so on. But, I understand what you are saying that ICly we don't know any detailed explaination of germs, bacteria, etc. So it would be best for the OP to reply. Just putting what I see it as!

Very well put. Also through your argument you bring up another reason why a magic like this would be good for rp: you see a bunch of strange men walking around healing the sick and (hopefully not) causing others to be sick. How do we stop something like that? How are they capable of doing it? And what is making people so ill? Well, time to find out! It spurs the idea of the understanding of germs and bacteria IC, and opens up a new realm of roleplay for that. Maybe there might be a need for people to develop better medicines and such to combat rogue Pathomancers. It's all up to the roleplayers! :D

Healing is done by a sort of time manipulation, by reloading a previous save of the body from before the wound.

Lastly we have no where near the technology to understand germs we could have a general idea but not specific knowledge.

Healing is a cleric thing btw...

Healing is done by a sort of time manipulation, by reloading a previous save of the body from before the wound.

Lastly we have no where near the technology to understand germs we could have a general idea but not specific knowledge.

To counter your previous argument: 

1. LoTCs in a whole different time period.

2. I could use conjuration and holy magic to make a magic horse that heals people who sit on- wait, somethings wrong here... 

Priest-Healing is not just clerical, it is priest based as well, and some tribes  in the past have had shamans that used it (not an orcish shaman, mind you.)

Also, if such is true, what you claim to be possible with conjuration is null, because of two things.

1. You must see and inspect closely what you will create with the void.

2. It would be immensely tough using void magic to control so many small things, near impossible. Imagine summoning smoke or mist a thousand folds smaller, not really.. possible.

Iirn acts as a godly figure whom you can draw power from, and with your logic I could say clerics shouldn't have holy fire because fire-evocation exists.

Iirn through granting power to her disciple would only do such should the disciple know what germs are, and how they work/are used/manipulated with magic.

This idea needs refinement, but it is entirely possible. Valter took up Iirn from some old lore I was writing that I scrapped, Iirn was apart of the Aephes pantheon originally, before I changed it over to the Cynii one since the Aephes had no use for such a disease manipulating group of heretics! 

had no use for such a disease manipulating group of heretics! 

They won't just cause disease ;~;

I will address some points, they might of already been listed but I will.

1) With what ever you pick one thing remains that healing is done differently through the patrons you follow with on magical aid, ascended, clerics, druids, monks all heal in a very different manner. This magic has a different way to address it. As with the groups I listed before most of them can have 'rouge' characters and do bad stuff with it. Pathomancy can do the same, be good or be bad. 

2) Due to LoTC having a very different time period to real life, not even joining up with it. Time periods don't exist. In what time period are we getting close to putting sentient life into a golden core in a immortal body? I believe that is hypothesized for the time period 2044 AC is what we have to put sentient life in a computer or hologram, in LoTC it was roughly in Aegis three real life years ago. In a Medieval date, we call them golems. 

3) Healing is NOT a cleric thing, it is a thing for many groups but since you put it like that. You copied from the monks, healing is a monk thing, they do it better.

I'm sorry to say that the lore has been Denied.

The fundamentals of the lore do not fit very well with the fantasy setting of the server, the use of germs and bacteria and the like. The causing of sickness and plagues can also already be created by necromancers and Soul puppeters.