Fearwalkers

Mephistophelian

Everything is the anti-druid.

Seriously, every event seems to have some reason druids can't interact with it, be it magic crystal, angry forest, or just, "..well.. no, druids just can't do this event." Animal lore these days has a footnote saying druids are powerless against it 75% of the time because.. reasons. Every antag-like-thing seems to defy druids (but not clerics) at every turn. I get that they're a pretty powerful class, but there's no need to keep targeting them.

It seems like an interesting idea, but I don't like the idea of more anti-druidism. Make 'em anti-clerics and we'll talk.

Direct strengths against a whole group's prime abilities, as highlighted above, will not make for balanced roleplay. If a Druid were to be forced to combat a Fearwalker and discovered it's magic was essentially useless, the most reasonable choice would be to result to weaponry, and as stated further in the quote, weaponry is also prone to deterioration because of the powers of the Chelion Kravt. I suggest an alternative advantage to the Druids - instead of the basic, expected destruction of any nature-based offensive a Druid may use, perhaps the Fearwalkers may utilize their alignment with Ikuras and thus disrupt Druidic connection by means of some kind of anti-Aspect fear aura. Druidic control would be difficult to keep a hold on in their presence and animals of varied sizes, whether or not called for assistance, would abscond from the vincinity in fear of Ikuras' servants.

Also, in what manner are Fearwalkers weak to Shaman magic? As Elementalism appears to be their most offensive arcane, would this imply that Fearwalkers have a greater weakness to the elements? I ask this because Elementalists are simply that - they control the elements. I don't think they particularly enhance them with spirit magic, if that was what was assumed.

Alright, since I wrote this lore I'll come in to answer some questions on it. First off Fiend- I have no idea what you're talking about with everything being anti-druid. Druids can crush most everything. You guys killed a Balrog. 

The idea of the Fearwalkers is this will be the first of three sets of creatures, each one immune to a different type of magic. Those groups will have to work as a team to combat the threat, and fill in the gaps in the defenses. This one is simply the first one to be posted. 

In regards to Swgrclan, anything under the control of a Spirit will harm a Fearwalker to a greater extent than it will harm a normal human. For instance, with mundane weapons, a Fearwalker will not feel pain if harmed by them. Elementalist projectiles, on the other hand, greatly pain them. 

10/10 for the anti-droods

Alright, since I wrote this lore I'll come in to answer some questions on it. First off Fiend- I have no idea what you're talking about with everything being anti-druid. Druids can crush most everything. You guys killed a Balrog. 

The idea of the Fearwalkers is this will be the first of three sets of creatures, each one immune to a different type of magic. Those groups will have to work as a team to combat the threat, and fill in the gaps in the defenses. This one is simply the first one to be posted. 

I'm referring to every evil creature ever. I've gotten so tired of druidic combat rp with the influx of evil evil darkness spooky spook lore, where "only holy magic can harm them !1". These days it's literally pointless to try and fight most inherently evil things (from my perspective, as a druid), you just have to call the clerics because they have an actual shot, as resistance to holy magic is never written into evil spooky darkness lore, but resistance to nature almost always seems to be. Sure, there's things we can fight, but it seems to be a trend to create excuses why we can't.

I see what you're getting at with the creatures that target guilds and making them work together, but the druids and clerics already have to work together frequently for this reason, and it seems like more pointless back and forth. I can't support or enjoy the idea of lore that wouldn't create anything interesting for me as a member of the targeted group, aside from another reason to do the same thing I have to do all the time to combat the other similar lores. Read: Undead. And these guys are basically undead as well.

Side note, their creation seems a bit.. iffy, to me. Unless I'm reading it wrong, the reason this thing exists is that there's a ring that managed to keep a guy alive when he shouldn't be able to live, magic that I wasn't aware could be allowed. Alright, but even if we are allowing it, now just touching the ring makes you turn into one as well? When and how did the magic change? Is it an infection, or a spell, or something you have to be tortured to become, or what?

I must agree with Fiend on this one, and reinforce Lago's mention - it seems that fear is too finnicky of a factor in the community's roleplay. While I do not particularly agree with it, the "dread" part of the Dreadknights was removed for a reason - as I understand, to prevent people from having a hissy fit because of the destabilizing emotion forced onto their character.

There are too many anti-Druid creatures or entites that exist right now. You may believe this to be the anti-Druid, Watyll, but there are a pile of anti-Druids that have already been created. This group includes, but is not limited to:

1. Necromancers

2. Fire Evocationists

3. Anti-Magic Mages (oxymoron?)

4. Wraiths (super-necromancers!)

5. Wights (also super-necromancers!)

6. Undead 

7. Harbingers

And many more. While it may be a drastic change, perhaps the Fearwalker strengths can be switched up a bit. I do not recall hearing events regarding the Chelion Kravt in the past that directly involved Druids as the lore suggested. Would it not be reasonable to believe that a history that involves a group that had not actually interacted with these creatures in-game, and specifically in the past, which would lead to the creation of a strength against this group is not roleplay proper, as this group would have no actual past experiences to grant merit to the creation of this advantage over them?

Something that could be much more gratifying is if the Fearwalkers originated in present times and issued conflicts with the current generation of Druids, so that later generations could remember them as a prime enemy if the Chelion Kravt acted on the will to truly antagonize them. Even better, the renewed weakness to Druidic magic (however that would work, not too sure how) would be rectified if a second generation of Fearwalkers would be created by the same means explained in the lore; in other words, the weakness could be abolished from the Fearwalker being if they properly endured a conflict with the Druids in-game, understood that their magic effected them to a greater scale and thus focused their effort into fixing this flaw in question. Otherwise, the Druids are kind of just stuck with a history with entities that were never spoken of before, whom would have a strength over them developed by past experiences never experienced on apart of a weakness that never existed in-game.

I'm referring to every evil creature ever. I've gotten so tired of druidic combat rp with the influx of evil evil darkness spooky spook lore, where "only holy magic can harm them !1". These days it's literally pointless to try and fight most inherently evil things (from my perspective, as a druid), you just have to call the clerics because they have an actual shot, as resistance to holy magic is never written into evil spooky darkness lore, but resistance to nature almost always seems to be. Sure, there's things we can fight, but it seems to be a trend to create excuses why we can't.

I see what you're getting at with the creatures that target guilds and making them work together, but the druids and clerics already have to work together frequently for this reason, and it seems like more pointless back and forth. I can't support or enjoy the idea of lore that wouldn't create anything interesting for me as a member of the targeted group, aside from another reason to do the same thing I have to do all the time to combat the other similar lores. Read: Undead. And these guys are basically undead as well.

Side note, their creation seems a bit.. iffy, to me. Unless I'm reading it wrong, the reason this thing exists is that there's a ring that managed to keep a guy alive when he shouldn't be able to live, magic that I wasn't aware could be allowed. Alright, but even if we are allowing it, now just touching the ring makes you turn into one as well? When and how did the magic change? Is it an infection, or a spell, or something you have to be tortured to become, or what?

You don't seem to understand how the cult works. The Ikuras cult differs from most spoopy roleplay groups in the fact that we always contact groups we intend on attacking and set up something mutually beneficial, an event that both groups will enjoy. Our summoning of Ikuras in the Druid Grove caused part of the grove to be corrupted, but it was arranged so that the new dedicants would have a chance to practice healing, and bring good publicity to both groups. The druids drove off the enemy, but Kknotos was brought back into the world. 

Similarly, the Quandary event, in which Ouity was kidnapped, was done entirely by shooting Ouity a message to see if he was interested. We won't just attack random groups that have no interest in combating us. I passed this creature lore by Gigarun when he was in charge of the Druids and he loved it, going so far as to have the GMs broadcast the rhyme at the top of the lore across the server to all druids. It's a collaborative effort. 

In regards to your Undead comparison, Fearwalkers are quite different. My group only recruits people we feel are capable, for one. Secondly, there really aren't any anti-druid groups that I can think of, specifically. I mean, there are general all-evil groups that target the druids on occasion, but there aren't any I can think of that go out of their way to become the druid's arch-foes. 

And finally to answer your ring question - it's a spell, but the ring's wearer has to intend to turn that particular target into a Fearwalker when touching them. And of course, OOC consent is required, we don't want to force anyone to play a monster. 

I must agree with Fiend on this one, and reinforce Lago's mention - it seems that fear is too finnicky of a factor in the community's roleplay. While I do not particularly agree with it, the "dread" part of the Dreadknights was removed for a reason - as I understand, to prevent people from having a hissy fit because of the destabilizing emotion forced onto their character.

There are too many anti-Druid creatures or entites that exist right now. You may believe this to be the anti-Druid, Watyll, but there are a pile of anti-Druids that have already been created. This group includes, but is not limited to:

1. Necromancers

2. Fire Evocationists

3. Anti-Magic Mages (oxymoron?)

4. Wraiths (super-necromancers!)

5. Wights (also super-necromancers!)

6. Undead 

7. Harbingers

And many more. While it may be a drastic change, perhaps the Fearwalker strengths can be switched up a bit. I do not recall hearing events regarding the Chelion Kravt in the past that directly involved Druids as the lore suggested. Would it not be reasonable to believe that a history that involves a group that had not actually interacted with these creatures in-game, and specifically in the past, which would lead to the creation of a strength against this group is not roleplay proper, as this group would have no actual past experiences to grant merit to the creation of this advantage over them?

Something that could be much more gratifying is if the Fearwalkers originated in present times and issued conflicts with the current generation of Druids, so that later generations could remember them as a prime enemy if the Chelion Kravt acted on the will to truly antagonize them. Even better, the renewed weakness to Druidic magic (however that would work, not too sure how) would be rectified if a second generation of Fearwalkers would be created by the same means explained in the lore; in other words, the weakness could be abolished from the Fearwalker being if they properly endured a conflict with the Druids in-game, understood that their magic effected them to a greater scale and thus focused their effort into fixing this flaw in question. Otherwise, the Druids are kind of just stuck with a history with entities that were never spoken of before, whom would have a strength over them developed by past experiences never experienced on apart of a weakness that never existed in-game.

Well, that's the reason the Fearwalkers don't have a fear aura. The only fear element that comes to these creatures at all is their power to sense it, and if people don't wish to roleplay that, it's simply a lack of roleplay skills and likely won't inhibit the roleplay to too large of a degree. I doubt any players recruited to play these creatures will get in a fit over somebody refusing to roleplay fear. 

Now onto the list of enemies that are anti-druidic. Out of those listed, I can't see any there that are specifically anti-druid. Two of those up there are server antagonists, and the Necromancer group and subgroups, as I remember, were on the whole dedicated to server-wide mischief, especially against clerics more than anything. And I've never seen a society of fire evocationists dedicated to attacking druids. So yes, I would consider this to be the anti-druid: this is the only group only dedicated to hunting druids and not much else, as other magics will kill them almost instantly with ease. 

Regarding present-day Fearwalkers- no fear, the ones from the first generation are long dead. A new ring had to be forged, and a new group will have to be chosen to play these beings. This originates from the conflict with the Druids that the Ikuras Cult has traditionally had, including the kidnapping and poisoning of Ouity and the slaying of the Cult's Balrog by Elorna. For this reason they are very specified to druids. 

Unfortunately this lore has been  [Denied] !

This abilities of basically having the capable to burn through anything and everything seems slightly OP, burning acid death hugs are a splash too much. With that, several concerns were bought up regarding the druid magic aspect of these, including both their creation and immunity towards it!

Sorry!