(Creature Lore) Giant Moles

ForeverGinger

An ancient, leather-bound book sits atop a crammed bookshelf in the Library of Gimblewood. Upon further inspection, you see the cover is marked with a title, written in a scrawling red hand:

Creatures of Fable

You flip through a few of the aged pages, many of them warped and running with ink,

unreadable. One of the sections seems interesting, and less damaged than the rest. It reads, in the same hand as the title:

Long ago, in times long forgotten, when Halflings lived in burrows of stone and finger painted on the walls, there lived a creature as old as time itself, the Mole Beast! The Mole Beasts were rumored to be just that, giant moles, that lived in sprawling underground caverns they dug themselves! It is said that it was these great creatures that taught the Halflings the art of burrowing, which they adapted to move out of their nasty cave homes and into more proper, cozy burrows.

These great furry beasts are much like your average, everyday, garden variety mole, except for their size and subsequent strength. They could not see, for generations of tunneling left them virtually blind, with a sever aversion to light. They were very shy, but had claws were like giant spades to shift dirt and smash rock! They feasted on massive amounts of veggies and gnawed on the roots of giant trees to feed themselves.

The Ancient Halflings soon learned to tame these great beasts and rode them into battle against their foes! The brave Mole Riders, as they later came to be known as, would take great fishing rods and lash a plump pumpkin to the end, tantalizing the giant mole into following the Halfling's direction. Amazingly, the great moles seemed quite intelligent. They were extremely sensitive to earth vibrations, and could recognize their Rider's footsteps! One could potentially call a mole to your side with a few loud stomps!

You smirk as you close the book. Obviously, most of this is pure fantasy. Honestly, Cave Halfings? Animals teaching burrowing? Finger painting? Ridiculous! However... Giant moles? Maybe this part is not quite so whimsical. Mayhaps giant moles do exist. That would explain quite a few things...

(OOC Things)

Giant moles are just that... giant moles. They are strong enough to crush rock and can range from large dog to small horse sized. They can be ridden or kept as pets, as long as you can RP them properly and have plenty of vegetables!

They are patient and slow creatures that are blind and despise sunlight. Excessive light, such as sunlight, may cause them to "freak out" and panic. They would never willingly expose themselves to sunlight, but a skilled Druid may be able to coax them out for short periods of time.

Moles, when tame, may be taught to respond to commands like an intelligent dog. However, as the moles are blind and hard of hearing, commands are often given through patterns of stomping, as the creatures can sense the vibrations in the earth.

As large as a horse to house sounds a little to large to be role-played properly...maybe dog to horse sized makes more sense...but that's my two cents.

Great lore maybe lower the size tho

Can we stop making creature lore that the ET just won't use? A ET wouldn't need this to be implemented to play it because its just a giant mole so there is no reason have it in implemented world lore.

This is a unnecessary write up. 

Well, I kinda thought that this lore would not need any approval, but it's better to be safe than sorry! Also, there aren't ET creatures, they would just be something to stimulate RP like wolves and giraffes. And, who wouldn't wanna ride on a giant mole? It's the perfect Halfling mount (aside from pigs)!

Also, fixed the size! You guys were right, house sized is way to big!

I changed the size to be more reasonable (ie. dog to horse) so they could be RPed with horses and pigs if you want to ride one!

I changed the size to be more reasonable (ie. dog to horse) so they could be RPed with horses and pigs if you want to ride one!

OMG! I wanna ride a Giant Mole! Me me! Pick me!

+1

[under Review]

Feel free to continue submitting feedback in the form of comments or changing the post should you want to, expect an answer within the coming week or just afterward.

Unfortunately this lore has been  [Denied]

Now we've the initial 'creature lore' comment that usually ends up being the cause; as often many pieces just fall into the abyss of inactivity. 

However for your benefit and ease of mind I'll also list a few others flaws we've also noticed. The first of which is a very contradictory statement that they're afraid of sunlight and yet can also be used as mounts; how do you ride them when they're uncomfortable and distressed by the very aspect of light? Using them at night just seems awfully ill-practical. Atop of that we've the very concept of them being tamable, because at the end of the day that gives you the possibility of controlling the actions of said creature and basically just gives you a means of powergaming, especially due to their massive digging claws. 

The only terms of acceptance we could really land upon was ET usage and even so it'll probably go unused unfortunately.

Thanks for submitting.