The Balladeer Abecedery

BathRugMan

vzmVfpE.jpg

The Balladeer Abecedary, Masters of the sung art

Across the continent of Vailor, a sole figure would flit from shadow to shadow, leaving a green script etched on many a public boards. Upon closer inspection, you would find yourself singing:

Come to the desert, sand as far as you can see.

Follow my footsteps over the edge of the sea.

Follow the sound at the depths of the earth.

Flickering, fire, light in the hearth.

Wanting for music, for art and to sing

For theatre, fighting and music for listening.

Well heed my quaint words, to your suiting.

For the  Balladeer Abecedary is recruiting.

The Balladeer Abecedary

-----------------------------------------------------------

Fashioned in the light of the day, we relish song, lyrics and theatre. Accepting of all, we are but brotherhood of bards, seeking to master the arts, and to impart those knowledge on others.

Much like the daffodil, spreading throughout a field of weeds and grass. We reach to cities far and near, travelling to and fro across Vailor to seek the mightiest of applauses as well as learn even the most discreet of songs.

It is a bards duty, to write works to stand the test of time. To record what is seen, and to remember what is forgotten. To witness the mightiest of battles, the fall of the brave. To face despair with only the verse in mind. Loyalty owed to no one, we as bards are to lie through our teeth, to tell the truth when the truth is forbidden, to recall books of treason when death is absolute.

So what do we receive for such noble sacrifice? To embrace true freedom, reading tomes of heresy? But to each coin are two sides, of another more joyful reincarnation. We are to sing songs of vailor, of beauty, crisp of pure. To recall the horrors that men have faced, but also the men who met with. To recall every dramatic pause, to record every silence. But all it is, it is to recite. To sing for the applause and the twinkling of coin, to be orators of the people themselves,and for tales of wonder, ballads legendary, we write, and we sing.

So which kind of bard are you? Are you the Martyr or the Jester?  A philosopher, or just a lowly voice upon thousands. For The Balladeer Abecedary listens, and they seek for your membership.

“What is beauty but the song on our lips, the gentle singing of mother to womb, the farmers chant as he reaps his sow? Down the well of generations, from forefathers our ancestors, for only through art, does beauty stay eternal.”

Of the things we teach, we collect. For teachers come and go, elect. 

For all of us are students too, For no knowledge is gone eschew.

From fighting, theatre, architecture. song, painting we will lecture,

The Abecadary dragon breasted, for all who seek, come attested.

(chorus)

For theatre, fighting, songs for listening.

The bards do march, but not for war.

But to write poems, we adore.

With flutes on our back, and harp in hand,

We seek, to witness, among the firsthand.

Kiss the drums, of leather worn,

of harps, metal stamped, adorned.

Of flutes, jagged, and filled with rust,

where lutes of quality, reside, disgust.

Though instruments took, locked away,

With bleeding hands, we script today,

for record books and script anew,

to last the ages, tried and true.

To the beat of our hearts, we dance till dawn, for footsteps, flowing till the morning horn,

the pain in us, it screams and shout, but the bard in us, our mouths are shut

Like perched cranes, not like  normal men, of dance, the beauty we comprehend,

of meaning behind the hidden gaze, where further discussion we hark and say:

(chorus)

For theatre, fighting, songs for listening.

The bards do march, but not for war.

But to write poems, we adore.

With flutes on our back, and harp in hand,

We seek, to witness, among the firsthand.

Kiss the drums, of leather worn,

of harps, metal stamped, adorned.

Of flutes, jagged, and filled with rust,

where lutes of quality, reside, disgust.

Though instruments took, locked away,

With bleeding hands, we script today,

for record books and script anew,

to last the ages, tried and true.

Our base of operations

Residing In Caliphate, we are fortunate to have the full support of the Caliphatian Government, having been generously donated our building.

67Ed1ap.png

It posses Several classrooms, an artifact hall as well as it's very own tavern! It's state of the art stage allows for theatre productions never before seen, as well as the highest quality of set pieces money can buy.

Application:

What is your name:

What is your age:

What is your race:

What are your reasons of becoming a bard, and what would you like to get out of it?:

What are you most interested in learning?:

What instruments do you know, and what would you like to learn?:

OOC:

Do you have skype, one which we could add to our skype group?:

What is your IGN?:

PM Bathrugman or venymnyx or shimmeringbliss or tjt810 for more details.

The Drunken Fist:
A style of fighting, as well as a mindset; The Drunken fist is one which compliments  a bard's abilities, as well as his mindset. However, a prior knowledge of music must be either had, or learnt before actively pursuing the way of the ‘Drunken Fist’. Without it, these elegant techniques would be degraded to a tavern brawlers arsenal. 

Much like every art, there is both a spiritual and mental lesson to be learned. Though martial arts may be considered one which requires only the physical aspect of things, there is more than it meets the eye. The Drunken Fist, contrary to it’s name does not concern only with the barefisted style, but also with many other weapons. The Drunken Fist combat style is heavily based on the aspect of fighting concerning grappling, as well as a continuous counter based movement. There are 28 Katas in total.

aikido-illos.jpg

Chuckles, cracking a smile as he hears of this Bardic guild, rubbing the tattoo under his eye.

"Damn, if only I had a voice that didn't sound like that of a dying cats."

Beltran would say, in town squares afar: "Actors, playwrights, men and women wishing only to learn! We accept persons of the rough, so that we may shine them into diamonds! Wishing only to learn the Drunken fist? Come along to Caliphate!"

What is your name: Blair

What is your age: 100

What is your race: elf

What are your reasons of becoming a bard, and what would you like to get out of it?: A random man persuaded me.

What are you most interested in learning?: Art

What instruments do you know, and what would you like to learn?: I have no experience

OOC:

Do you have skype, one which we could add to our skype group?: I'm not public with my skype

What is your IGN?: Cyndikate

What is your name: Sammy
What is your age: 25
What is your race:Human Farfolker
What are your reasons of becoming a bard, and what would you like to get out of it?: I've always been a fan of such eccentric arts, simply to learn such skills would be the reasoning.
What are you most interested in learning?: Singing and lute playing.
What instruments do you know, and what would you like to learn?: None and all.

OOC:
Do you have skype, one which we could add to our skype group?: il.sam.il
What is your IGN?: Colaone1

What is your name: Sammy

What is your age: 25

What is your race:Human Farfolker

What are your reasons of becoming a bard, and what would you like to get out of it?: I've always been a fan of such eccentric arts, simply to learn such skills would be the reasoning.

What are you most interested in learning?: Singing and lute playing.

What instruments do you know, and what would you like to learn?: None and all.

OOC:

Do you have skype, one which we could add to our skype group?: il.sam.il

What is your IGN?: Colaone1

What is your name: Blair

What is your age: 100

What is your race: elf

What are your reasons of becoming a bard, and what would you like to get out of it?: A random man persuaded me.

What are you most interested in learning?: Art

What instruments do you know, and what would you like to learn?: I have no experience

OOC:

Do you have skype, one which we could add to our skype group?: I'm not public with my skype

What is your IGN?: Cyndikate

Accepted!

What is your name: Hileia'elr

What is your age: 59

What is your race: High Elf

What are your reasons of becoming a bard, and what would you like to get out of it?: I've been encouraged by those around me, and I wish to only improve my current set of skills.

What are you most interested in learning?: Literature, painting, and architecture.

What instruments do you know, and what would you like to learn?: Other than little vocal training, I don't have much experience with music. To learn any instrument for a beginner would be ideal.

OOC:

Do you have skype, one which we could add to our skype group?: I'm not public w/  my Skype

What is your IGN?: Gamerdude3

Hileia noted, "The Left Wing, pun intended!" and smirked. 

What is your name: Hileia'elr

What is your age: 59

What is your race: High Elf

What are your reasons of becoming a bard, and what would you like to get out of it?: I've been encouraged by those around me, and I wish to only improve my current set of skills.

What are you most interested in learning?: Literature, painting, and architecture.

What instruments do you know, and what would you like to learn?: Other than little vocal training, I don't have much experience with music. To learn any instrument for a beginner would be ideal.

OOC:

Do you have skype, one which we could add to our skype group?: I'm not public w/  my Skype

What is your IGN?: Gamerdude3

Hileia noted, "The Left Wing, pun intended!" and smirked. 

Accepted!

Application:

What is your name: Alex Picklesquid

What is your age: 21

What is your race: Human (Farfolk)

What are your reasons of becoming a bard, and what would you like to get out of it?: I have always had an interest in the arts and bringing my soul and body into it.

What are you most interested in learning?: I would really like to be a model and playwright.

What instruments do you know, and what would you like to learn?: I play a bit of the drums.

OOC:

Do you have skype, one which we could add to our skype group?: Yes.

What is your IGN?: CircusRingleader

Application:

What is your name: Alex Picklesquid

What is your age: 21

What is your race: Human (Farfolk)

What are your reasons of becoming a bard, and what would you like to get out of it?: I have always had an interest in the arts and bringing my soul and body into it.

What are you most interested in learning?: I would really like to be a model and playwright.

What instruments do you know, and what would you like to learn?: I play a bit of the drums.

OOC:

Do you have skype, one which we could add to our skype group?: Yes.

What is your IGN?: CircusRingleader

ACCEPTED!!!

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved. If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.