Thieves guild, are you interested?

V0idsoldier

Are you interested?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a thieves guild if it was made?

• Yes I would 100%
    • It depends 75%
    • Eh, I guess so... 50%
    • Sounds so stupid, and pointless, you are dumb Angelos 25%

I need to meet with you in game, we need to meet each-other and have a IC reason to make this, my guy does, but we need to talk IC, when is the closest possible time we could? Right now I am going to bed, so hopefully tomorrow.

I need to meet with you in game, we need to meet each-other and have a IC reason to make this, my guy does, but we need to talk IC, when is the closest possible time we could? Right now I am going to bed, so hopefully tomorrow.

Possibly in a few days, or maybe tommorrow. All depends on my schedule and shiz.

Whats your time zone? Or more specifically, what is your time zones difference to GMT?

This sounds cool but I doubt this will work at all on LotC due to permissions. You can't open chests or tkae stuff if you don't have access in the permissions in each plot and place.

This sounds like an amazing idea. I fully support you in making this guild.

I am also intrested in joining when it becomes oficial.

im going to be blunt honest.

this seems a good start plan for a guild, to be about thieving in groups.

thats exactly what thieving guilds should be like.

but, i dont think its enough. just thieving?

i think you need some form of agenda why you are doing it. for example, what makes your members close to each other, apart from the guild.

(without agenda, its just a _job_. = loayal to money, aka mercenaries.)

you could do it rob in hood style. (aka: "thou are rich!! why thy not distribute thine wealth?")

aka, being of "peasant nobility".

one of the earliest forms of communism in england.

that is old english.(which should be made the humans #1 language.. currently thay sound like thay were from 21st century =O... wait, thay are! aka, why i have distaste to their race. i guess, i should make this as a lore suggestion, so we could enjoy rping with them <.< ...)

so that way, its this agenda of yours which guides you in this path.

not mere lack of morals.(aka villains -.-)

+ emphasize the modesty!

i think, you need some form of honourific code of dignity which you all follow.

to keep yourselves distinct from villains.

if you are civilized enough, i might very well be interested.

stealing, is not something which im really interested as ooc.

but, my character loves planning.

apart from the above, i continue on criticizing your guild:

when robbing high value properties, it might be good idea to confront the victims ooc'ly that you have a wish to steal from their property. then, thay can set up a scene by placing an unprotected chest somewhere, which is your target, while ic thay would form some sort of activity their character is doing, to be present at the moment.

or if not property, then, just form whatever plan you wish.

im not suggesting to make it zorro style, no way. zorro style would _never_ work.

just rob in hood style. meaning, you have some form of agenda why you are doing this, to maintain your dignity.

also obviously, copying rob in hood agenda too would be unoriginal. (well, you could of course take and modify it.)

just create some unique agenda why you think stealing from classes/ethnic groups a, b and c is fine.

and _why_ you steal in the first place.

and, you really, rheally need a better name. (that would be far too unoriginal and bluntly boring.)

im excellent at creating names btw, so even if my character wouldnt join, i could assist you by giving suggestions in that. (ive always loved to create unique names for all sort of things xD..)

OK, I am glad you have shown interest and I will address as many of the above points as possible in this post.

1: Our agenda: Thieves come from all different backgrounds, be it a bandit or a warrior, but our common interest is in thieving, more specifically Minas. We do what we do because we enjoy it, it is a passion not a job. Jack_Nimble A.K.A me enjoys thieving as well as banditry, he doesn't think of it as a job, more of a hobby or passion. Aside from the common interest of thievery I can't quite think of another agenda. I will say, and I cannot stress this enough, we will not be like robin hood, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor.

2: Our thieves will have a unbreakable bond, there will be no fighting between members, each member will speak to each-other as if they were blood brothers. What unites us is our passion, we seek to be infamous in Aegis, we seek to cause rumors such as "Did you hear that the thieves guild are actually magic, and can turn invisible!" that is what we strive for, rumors. We love it when we hear in a local tavern rumors about ourselves.

3: I absolutely 100% disagree with asking the owner before robbing them. This ruins the effect for both the robber and the one being robbed. It ruins the sensation you get when you find that one chest that happens to have 3 diamonds in it. For every protected house there is another unprotected house. What I will say is that if we get big enough and start to matter, I will try my hardest to organize something with say, the king of Alkhazar, and oocly ask him to unlock a chest or two as we plan on doing a big heist. I believe that would be really fun for a group of thieves to sneak into the kingdom, enter his royal chambers and steal something, of course that would have to be planned. If it was planned though, I would not tell the people who would be robbing it, because again that ruins the fun.

4: As for the name, I do not want something fancy such as "The high noon thieves" No no, that is to much, I strongly believe that "Thieves guild" is boring enough to leave it open to the humans imagination, we do not need to be called something cool.

I hope those made sense and answered your comments, thank you greatly for your opinion and well thought out post, it is much appreciated. As for the agenda it is basically, we are united with out passion and strive to make a name for ourselves be it through rumors.

Also ninja, what is your mc name, i am getting on now so hopefully you can get on.

On my iPod ATM so I can't.

Also, MC + RP names in my display name. Guess which is which :P

Oh god... I have to type all that... well are you getting on today, again, I want to start construction of a base as soon as possible, and have found a prime spot, so when ever you get a chance to please get on so we can meet ICly.

OK, I am glad you have shown interest and I will address as many of the above points as possible in this post.

1: Our agenda: Thieves come from all different backgrounds, be it a bandit or a warrior, but our common interest is in thieving, more specifically Minas. We do what we do because we enjoy it, it is a passion not a job. Jack_Nimble A.K.A me enjoys thieving as well as banditry, he doesn't think of it as a job, more of a hobby or passion. Aside from the common interest of thievery I can't quite think of another agenda. I will say, and I cannot stress this enough, we will not be like robin hood, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor.

2: Our thieves will have a unbreakable bond, there will be no fighting between members, each member will speak to each-other as if they were blood brothers. What unites us is our passion, we seek to be infamous in Aegis, we seek to cause rumors such as "Did you hear that the thieves guild are actually magic, and can turn invisible!" that is what we strive for, rumors. We love it when we hear in a local tavern rumors about ourselves.

3: I absolutely 100% disagree with asking the owner before robbing them. This ruins the effect for both the robber and the one being robbed. It ruins the sensation you get when you find that one chest that happens to have 3 diamonds in it. For every protected house there is another unprotected house. What I will say is that if we get big enough and start to matter, I will try my hardest to organize something with say, the king of Alkhazar, and oocly ask him to unlock a chest or two as we plan on doing a big heist. I believe that would be really fun for a group of thieves to sneak into the kingdom, enter his royal chambers and steal something, of course that would have to be planned. If it was planned though, I would not tell the people who would be robbing it, because again that ruins the fun.

4: As for the name, I do not want something fancy such as "The high noon thieves" No no, that is to much, I strongly believe that "Thieves guild" is boring enough to leave it open to the humans imagination, we do not need to be called something cool.

I hope those made sense and answered your comments, thank you greatly for your opinion and well thought out post, it is much appreciated. As for the agenda it is basically, we are united with out passion and strive to make a name for ourselves be it through rumors.

the real robin hood more likely stole from rich and gave to himself. (or in fact, the real robin hoods legend is not written, it was only spoken as people couldnt write at those times.. so who knows how he got famous!)

the fictional robin hood is an old story told at thirteenth century after the famous thief. (something like that)

so its more of like, steal from the rich, to earn more.

at 3:

its ooc, thay cant use it ic. would be meta. so its just to get the owner there, so it wont be like griefing.

(dont you think, its a bit boring to rp without at least the victim being online? you see, then its just mere griefing.. and lacks the possibility of being caught rp.)

it could be like this: from a to person b: ooc hey come rp at place x!

(so thay wouldnt know what its about, but would be there.)

at 4. hahah, i completely agree. something fancy would be horrible. but something simple yet unique would be nice. like "stolen hoods" for example. while, also giving people an idea what its about.

at your agenda: yeh, it sounds good, a brotherhood of thieves. but, that still, doesn't answer why you despise evil. perhaps the leader character has a past of being mistreated by immoral/unfair actions? just, create something. otherwise, you'll quickly sink to be one another villain group. which on other hands, would be boring as your characters wouldnt have to think their actions.

OK, as I said, I will not be telling anyone oocly before we rob them, our RP does not come from them it comes from each other, we RP together, if we are caught then we RP with the person who RPed with us. There is absolutely no point to thieving if you tell the person before hand. And no it is not "griefing" whatsoever, it is stealing. As for the name, unless several people who are interested come out and say that thieves guild is a bad name I do not think I will change it. This is not to upset you or disregard your advice, it is just I truly believe the name is fine. And as for you thinking we will slip into being just another villain group, 1st thanks for the vote of confidence, 2nd it will not happen, as I said I will be leading it and I will not let it happen. As for my character no he hasn't been treated immorally, but he does not like violence, and thus only attacks when necessary. He thinks most bandits are barbaric and sees himself as more of a aristocrat of bandits and thieves.

Well, I am currently scouting areas to make a base, it will not be protected as I do not have that kind of money to buy a protected plot of land, instead it will be well hidden, and disguised. On top of that, I still need to find a few dedicated partners who will help me start this thing up, after all those things are done I will start it up. In the meantime don't be afraid to contact me in game via a PM, I am getting on soon. My MC name is Voidsoldier, in fact I would prefer if anyone who is interested talk to me in game so we can meet each other ICly and thus give my character a reason to let you guys in once it is complete.