The Guild Of Monks

Volutional

The Guild Of Monks

Now Open To Apprentices

Introduction

The Guild Of Monks is a group of peaceful Monks, who live in the far reaches of Aegis. The Monks spend their time either learning their desired skill, being tutored in that skill, or doing Monk duties.

Monk Duties are what each and every Guild Monk must perform during their lives, the amount is decided by their Tutor.

Monk Duties consist of:

-Land preservation, planting Saplings and / or creating reservoirs.

-Rebuilding the land, covering old and abandoned ruins with earth, replanting strange floating trees.

-Gathering for the guild, gathering wood and such for the Guild Shop.

Monks are allowed any amount of breaks, which they can depart their Robes and journey elsewhere. This is optional.

Stages of Apprenticeship

An Apprentice is a Student of The Guild, They learn the basics of nature, and The Way Of The Monk.

There are five stages of Apprenticeship, which can be earned optionally by completing trials.

Each stage is able to do what it's predecessor could.

The Stages Are:

Novice Apprentice, Can wear the Guild Robes, and is part of the learning scheme.

Apprentice, Is given the rites of a Monk, must commit to Monk Duties.

<Skillname> Student, Is now studying the <skillname> skill, and will be relieved of Monk Duties, during training.

Master Apprentice, Is now at their peak, can recruit for the Guild, Mentor and Tutor others.

Teacher, Is now an Initial Teacher, can teaches classes and hold seminars.

Ranks

The ranks are as follows, Lowest to Highest:

Apprentice, Mentioned above, excluding Teacher.

Teacher, Mentioned above.

Warrior Monk, Trained in some sort of combat, and is a fighter.

Guild Commandant, Controls the rules and punishments.

Guild Guard, Trained in minor combat, the Guards manages the Guild's Meditation area, where people enter.

Guildmaster, Masters over all previous ranks, controls everything about them.

Elder-Guildmaster, Is the oldest, and perhaps the wisest of the Guild, makes the rules, the code, and The Way Of The Monk.

Seers, The fore-sight of the Guild, can determine tactical battle plans and possible Guild Teachings.

The Guild Of Monks are not purely a religious group, though some may follow different beliefs or Entities, They are a Guild of which life is aloud to flow through. The Monks create life, whether by farming, or by other means. A Monk is expected to be robed in public, unless on a break. Monks may break at any time, as life needs only voluntary aid. Life can sustain itself, but eventually the trees shall fade, and mountains crumble. The Monks are to aid the preservation of Life and even the purity of the World.Monks never use means of violence, and will rather perish than hurt any living being. As The Monks value Life greatly, they have to be over the age of 40 to become a valued member.Monks will avoid conflict, even if it is at their doorstep. Monks can be called cowards, but they know it is the best option.Monks have always Lived in harmony, and only one faction can destroy their peace and serenity. The Undead.Although attempts have been made to solve a common hatred between Living and Dead, it has never been achieved. The Monks know that they will either fall be their Black Hand, or reign as the Givers of Life. Only Combative Monks May Harm others*

Guild Robes:

The Guild's Robes are similar, and don't change through ranks.

There is hooded and un-hooded versions.

The Guild colours are Magnolia, and Light Blue.

Obviously the face is changeable.

Picture of the skin:

2rer4gz.jpgdlpcvc.jpg

Allies:

Aegis Archaeologists

Enemies:

Unavailable

Application For Recruitment:

(Post On This Thread)

In Game Name:

Character's Current Name:

Character's Age:

Short Biography, Perhaps a Paragraph Or So:

Which Rank Suits You, Give a Reason:

What Race Is Your Character:

Have You Been Banned Before In LoC:

If so, Why:

Lies are obvious.

- Elder Guildmaster Arfur

News:

*You Read In A Book*

New Safety Hovels, Will be spread throughout Aegis, small 5x5 Rooms with a bed, Crafting Table, and light. Door is provided. These are difficult to find, and not spoiling the landscape.

Full Description Of The Guild:

I am looking to make a guild of archaeologists who excavate ruins and Elven groves ((build them and create lore around them)). I believe a guild like that would fit well as a work for the monks. I would love to have a cooperation between The Guild of Monks and The Archaeologists of Aegis. What do you say?

It would be a fantastic opportunity to gain a friend and ally. I'd like to except. The Guild would be happy to aid in excavations.

Recruitment has not started of yet as I am still in the building process of the Guildhouse itself, I accept.

-Elder Guildmaster Arfur

I am very glad to hear this! I will seek you out shortly and maybe aid you in your work to establish your Guildhouse.

I am too making a small but central base of operations for us. I have started to look for interested ones to join the Archaeologists though. It will be very interesting to work with you. Where is your guildhouse?

Regards,

Sting Súrion

The Guildhouse is in the Wilds, a great distance from central Aegis, though I may be able to guide you to it, I'd like to finish it first. I will eventually, once I get some and more members.

Redone the whole thread, hopefully more appealing and informational.

This current Guild has been deemed inactive and has hereby been moved.

If you wish to appeal this decision you must present evidence to myself proving the guild is still active.