[Magic Add-On] Unsound Conjured Horrors

The King Of The Moon

"Conjurationists find their intended creation to be instead an imitation of the voidal horror that had afflicted their mind with it’s influence. Their touch would syphon mana from the intended target, devastating for non-mages and mages alike. Along with increased aggression, the blighted beings would seem to ignore their creator's commands, though they would avoid attacking the being responsible for keeping them anchored to the world. The conjurationist can dispel their creation at any time as per usual." -Currently accepted Unsound magic effect on Conjuration.

Conjurations (when created by a Conjurationist lacking the influence of a Voidal Observer) are bound to the control of the caster, being unable to think or act of their own accord. This significant difference to the quote above means that when a normal Conjurer attempts to mimick the aspect of creation from the Conjuration spell with an enchantment, their conjured creature will simply remain stagnant until its mana gem drains, following no orders and showing no signs of sentience.

This logically would differ in the case of an Unsound mage; When an Unsound mage conjures a creature, it becomes a chaotic reflection of their Voidal Horror that had tainted their magical abilities and connected them to their Voidal Observer. The creature does not rely on the conjurer's commands and ignores them anyway, attacking all aside from its creator (since it relies on them to exist) and sucking mana on physical touch with its enemies in order to fuel itself and ease the drainage on the Unsound mage. This behaviour, not relying on the actions of the mage like most conjurations, should logically persist when the conjured imitation of the Unsound mage's acquainted Voidal Horror is created via means of enchantment.

1515ae93223fb9cfaae2f98cd3d0b20a.png

Despite their true intentions, an Unsound mage practising both Conjuration and Transfiguration to enchant would essentially be creating a creature akin to a Ghoul; a being with no true loyalty but to those that might offer it sustenance (in this case mana offered by a Transfigurer, opposing life force offered by a Necromancer). This creature, a Conjured Horror, would already be born with some pseudo-sentience such as the ability to speak in the same manner the Voidal Horror from which it is based would and make basic decisions - Though in no way would it display mental capabilities on-par with the Descendants, having no memory prior to its creation and no skill aside from that with which it was made. The being would be completely driven by the constant replenishment of its mana gem, on which its life depends. It would be unable to connect to the void or any deity, and possess zero life force to be manipulated or drained due to its lack of a soul and be forced to carry its gem on its person at all times - making the drain of a Fi mage fatal, alongside any damage to the gem significant enough to disrupt the enchantment, or simply severe enough damage to 'kill' the conjuration itself, the corpse of which eventually vanishing as the gem drains. As the creature would lack a soul, it would not be resurrectable by the Monks of the Cloud Temple - meaning the destruction of the enchantment would seal the fate of the conjured being permanently. 

The purpose of these creatures would to be to create RP events for all players, regardless of their 'alignment'; So long as the player possesses mana they would become a target of the Conjured Horror. I would intend on these creatures to be playable, requiring a creature app and being made only by Unsound Mages with Transfiguration and Conjuration at the time of the app. The Nexus race for Conjured Horrors would be Necrolyte, due to their lack of requirement for food and their enhanced physical ability as a replication of a Voidal Horror. If the Conjured Horror is to have its gem broken (Which it is forced to carry with it at all times) then a PK is to be enforced, however if the Conjured Horror is to die by the gem running out of mana or dying by 'usual' means (IE a sword in the face) then a PK would not be required, but the creature would be dismissed until its gem is located and recharged by a Transfigurer with the ability to do so.

These creatures are NOT Voidal Horrors, they are inferior conjured reflections of them.
Despite their ability to drain mana (with roughly half the ability of a Fi mage) in order to keep themselves alive, they possess little ability beyond that of a lesser Horror's physicality and can NOT use any form of magic. They do NOT possess the potential to change a regular mage into an Unsound one.

This is an insanely strong addition to an already bonked magic. Unsound mages can already literally create rifts of mana-draining, now you want a controllable mini-Horror that can drain mana on touch? I can hardly recall any time where a new addition to a magic (soley to strengthen it) was ever used for "RP events for all players". It is only to add to an arsenal. No support.

This seems logical enough to where it looks like it could work.

There is already a stigma surrounding unsound magic so in light of not making that stigma worse than what it is, I'd lean towards that this really shouldn't work.

As stated earlier, the horrors are not controllable. When first created they will be a risk to the unsound mage themself and will attack EVERYTHING on sight. HOWEVER the creatures are relatively intelligent, and if a Transifgurer (whether Unsound or not) offers mana to the horror, the player behind it may or may not choose to affiliate itself with them. By saying I want a "mini-Horror that can drain mana on touch" you're neglecting the fact that Unsound mages can already create these beings (hence the quote from the current accepted lore at the top of the post). This honestly is more of a confirmation as to what would happen when an Unsound mage combined Conjuration with Transfiguration than an addition. The creatures would by no means be bound to any master or be controllable by anyone, and being a voidal horror without magic provides no benefits whatsoever (unless being visibly disturbing is too powerful). The drain wouldn't be enough to disrupt magic and one could only be seriously harmed by the drain if they stood still and allowed it for a prolongued amount of time. In regards to the disbelief about the aim to make the creature for anything but creating RP events, I quite literally wrote this because I wanted to have events (akin to my earlier Golemancy events) for my own nation, Sutica and for other Unsound mages to contribute to "Frankenstinian" events surrounding other respective groups by these means. The objective wasn't to strengthen the magic at all, but to simply create what it already logically could. If the appearance of the post suggested so then it's not the case and the fault of my own writing, so I'm sorry about that. Thanks for the feedback regardless.

Erm. Well for starters, the magic is still relatively new, so I’d really rather wait for a while before adding something like this. Other than that, I’m not opposed to having beasts like these added just not so. . . overpowered? For the most part, I agree with Treshure, really.

Hinges too much on Blood Magic.

This magic is already being abused and powergamed. 

No matter how much you go on about "cons" and "detriments" and "dangers" and how "uncontrollable" the beings would be, all of that doesn't matter if people aren't roleplaying the negative effects properly. Which, so far, only the actual creator of the magic has.

As far as I know only 3 people have it right now. Me, Youdude, and Mordew. Now, I know the three of us are going insane from these voices, ask Goldstein, Nj, or Unbaed who just rped with Faenor yesterday and noticed how he was different than normal, acting very strange. It's also unfair to say that only Youdude role plays it correctly when you haven't seen Faenor since before his Voidal Observer arrived.

Unfortunately the lore team has denied this lore.

Feel free to PM any member of the team for the full explanation.