[Racial Lore] Olog

SaltAlt

2 hours ago, Lsuvsfar said:
3 hours ago, MegRawr said:

The same way you enforce elves to RP their curse of infertility.

You can't force people to do something. If someone is making a lore-breaking, smart Olog then call them out on it, otherwise just let them alone. They really won't try to hurt you unless you provoke them, or they're ordered to by a regular ol' orc/goblin.

Yeah, because when you're walking to your home and one of them jumps you and murders you you were clearly provoking attack.

What do you mean? Hmm? What ologs 'jumped' at you?

5 hours ago, Lsuvsfar said:

Yeah, because when you're walking to your home and one of them jumps you and murders you you were clearly provoking attack.

You're judging the whole of Olog culture based on a few miscreants? Sounds like you need to open your mind a little. 

16 hours ago, Lsuvsfar said:

Going back to a speed nerf, this WOULD make sense IG. Sure if they have longer legs they take longer strides, but they also have more weight to carry and due to the fact they have far more upper body strength than humans less of their muscle is actually in their legs. BTW, using the logic of longer legs=faster, you are arguing that a thrower that has longer legs than an actual runner is faster than a runner. Also, if you look at taller people, yes they might be better at sprints, but generally they aren't that great at long distance because moving their legs that far uses up so much energy that they just take really short strides. However, even tall sprinters don't have a large amount of upper body strength, and if they had a lot like ologs do they would be slowed down significantly. So really at the end of the day an ologs massive upper body strength would work against them in any speed competititon.

We are not arguing that a thrower is faster than someone who trains to run fast, nice false equivalency.  Ologs also have massive hunger while running which means they have to stop to eat far more while chasing people. Look at Olympic sprinters like Usain bolt. They are tall and well built.

And in regards to what you said about blah, all orc species speak it. Uruks and goblins can speak coherently but Ologs can only grunt and shout a few words at once. Ologs aren't really able to talk to others outside of their race.

An Olog stride could be 2x slower but 2x longer... Technically they'd cover the same ground as a Human?

3 hours ago, Shalashask said:

We are not arguing that a thrower is faster than someone who trains to run fast, nice false equivalency.  Ologs also have massive hunger while running which means they have to stop to eat far more while chasing people. Look at Olympic sprinters like Usain bolt. They are tall and well built.

Usain Bolt is 6'5. Maximum Olog height is 1 foot 5 inches short of being double his height. That's a very poor comparison. I for one would agree with Ologs being slower in RP instead as a mechanical debuff, as the hunger issue can already account for that and doubles as a pain in the ass in PvP.

Ologs to be slower in RP? HMmm, I am sure that it is enough for people to dodge your emote and go and slash you, you swing and they dodge again and this is what happens now. I whole-heartedly disagree. 

1 hour ago, Swgrclan said:

Usain Bolt is 6'5. Maximum Olog height is 1 foot 5 inches short of being double his height. That's a very poor comparison.

You're right, but Lsuvsfar was saying how sprinters don't have large amounts of upper body strength because it would slow them down, which simply isn't true.

On 14/4/2016 at 4:10 PM, Fuze said:

I'm going to keep this simple and brief, this is only an idea but I think it would help balance some things out. I think that the Ologs should be a little slower than the average movement speed, they're big and clumsy so their movements should show it. This would balance pvp out greatly since they have higher health and the pvp buff. I'm not asking for a huge slow down but maybe have them only move 90%-80% to the average speed. I don't really know how this would be done but I figure it would be as easy as the jump boost for Kah. Thank you for your time and I hope you consider this.

This isn't racial lore, this is a mechanic idea

Here's the thing. Olog's are fat, which I admit isn't an automatic speed debuff. HOWEVER, being above 9 feet, it is guaranteed by physics that their spines would be at least crooked. Because of that, that makes it hard to move very fast. Also, their legs would have trouble supporting their massive bodies. To finish this off, the stomach fat would probably put them off balance. So I think this is plausible.

Denied.

(Will be moved to denied lore soon. If an explanation is desired, please PM a Lore Master.)