[Racial Lore] Olog

SaltAlt

1 hour ago, TeaLulu said:

It also doesn't make sense in a roleplay way, because they're big giant hulking piles of BUFF MUSCLES. They're used for manual labor in the Uzg most of the time, these guys are ripped. Why would they be slow at all?

1 hour ago, Shalashask said:

A lot of weabs who have never done exercise in their lives assume that people with a lot of muscle mass are automatically slow.

Muscle-weight doesn't often equal bodily slowness, but when an excess of it compounds on a giant-tier height of 9-12 feet (I could be wrong on this), it is definite that slowness would be apparent. This should already be a standard in RP; gravity rebels against such a combination by its very nature.

1 hour ago, LevitatedPotato said:

Seems fair~

It isn't

1 hour ago, Shalashask said:

A lot of weabs who have never done exercise in their lives assume that people with a lot of muscle mass are automatically slow.

Actually it's the opposite, the bigger something's legs are the more distance it can cover over a short amount of time. So if you have giant Olog legs made of muscle and fat you would be able to cover large distances. This would actually allow you to walk much faster then normal. HOWEVER, if Ologs have short and stubby legs supporting their massive bodies they would actually be very slow. That being said, the "fatter" an Olog the slower it should be, but since most of them are "ripped" they aren't exactly "fat" as most of this "fat" is muscle mass. 

ologs shouldn't usually be muscle bound, they're basically semi-sentient work animals incapable of most functions, sometimes even survival, without direction from uruks or goblins topped with a **** ton of mutation.

They have longer legs, it would be more logical to make them faster. No.

While I maybe wouldn't suggest a speed nerf, I would suggest something be done. As everyone knows, olog lore is meaningless atm. From what I understand, the whole reason trolls can't go into the sun light is b/c they would be too powerful otherwise? Well why play a troll when you can just make your olog even larger than a troll and no one is going to do anything?

Also, what kind of a debuff is stupidity? How the heck do you enforce a stupidity nerf? In what way does this ACTUALLY impact roleplay? Oh sure, you need to learn to speak blah. So what? It's not like blah inhibits communication enough that nothing can be accomplished. Even if it did, it's not like people don't use skype or TS to get around this, and it's pretty difficult to prove someone is metagaming that way. Also, if ologs were stupid, wouldn't it make sense that they wouldn't be able to get skills as high as other races since they wouldn't be able to figure out how to do more? Yet, this isn't the case. Also, are you going to sit there and tell me it's really easy to fool an olog b/c of a stupidity nerf? An olog isn't sitting behind the screen, it's a human. If that human wants to kill you, they're going to kill you.

Going back to a speed nerf, this WOULD make sense IG. Sure if they have longer legs they take longer strides, but they also have more weight to carry and due to the fact they have far more upper body strength than humans less of their muscle is actually in their legs. BTW, using the logic of longer legs=faster, you are arguing that a thrower that has longer legs than an actual runner is faster than a runner. Also, if you look at taller people, yes they might be better at sprints, but generally they aren't that great at long distance because moving their legs that far uses up so much energy that they just take really short strides. However, even tall sprinters don't have a large amount of upper body strength, and if they had a lot like ologs do they would be slowed down significantly. So really at the end of the day an ologs massive upper body strength would work against them in any speed competititon.

An ologs only real nerf is the fact they get hungry faster.... Wow..... What a nerf..... *claps* 10/10

7 hours ago, Jonificus said:

Ologs are essentially sentient giant laborers with mental retardation. No reason to nerf them when they already are relatively harmless unless provoked, and tbh if your character is wise enough to provoke a towering mountain of muscle and fat then that's on you. Too easy to avoid combat with ogres, no real reason to nerf them.

5 hours ago, Fishy said:

ologs shouldn't usually be muscle bound, they're basically semi-sentient work animals incapable of most functions, sometimes even survival, without direction from uruks or goblins topped with a **** ton of mutation.

I think these two sum it up pretty well. Ologs are pretty harmless unless given reason. Hell I remember a few gobos whose jobs were specifically to keep them fed (something besides rocks) and looked after. They de-buffs they have right now do just fine. Maybe the inability to ride horses because hot damn that'd have to be one big ol horse but that's just my opinion. 

3 hours ago, Lsuvsfar said:

While I maybe wouldn't suggest a speed nerf, I would suggest something be done. As everyone knows, olog lore is meaningless atm. From what I understand, the whole reason trolls can't go into the sun light is b/c they would be too powerful otherwise? Well why play a troll when you can just make your olog even larger than a troll and no one is going to do anything?

Also, what kind of a debuff is stupidity? How the heck do you enforce a stupidity nerf? In what way does this ACTUALLY impact roleplay? Oh sure, you need to learn to speak blah. So what? It's not like blah inhibits communication enough that nothing can be accomplished. Even if it did, it's not like people don't use skype or TS to get around this, and it's pretty difficult to prove someone is metagaming that way. Also, if ologs were stupid, wouldn't it make sense that they wouldn't be able to get skills as high as other races since they wouldn't be able to figure out how to do more? Yet, this isn't the case. Also, are you going to sit there and tell me it's really easy to fool an olog b/c of a stupidity nerf? An olog isn't sitting behind the screen, it's a human. If that human wants to kill you, they're going to kill you.

Going back to a speed nerf, this WOULD make sense IG. Sure if they have longer legs they take longer strides, but they also have more weight to carry and due to the fact they have far more upper body strength than humans less of their muscle is actually in their legs. BTW, using the logic of longer legs=faster, you are arguing that a thrower that has longer legs than an actual runner is faster than a runner. Also, if you look at taller people, yes they might be better at sprints, but generally they aren't that great at long distance because moving their legs that far uses up so much energy that they just take really short strides. However, even tall sprinters don't have a large amount of upper body strength, and if they had a lot like ologs do they would be slowed down significantly. So really at the end of the day an ologs massive upper body strength would work against them in any speed competititon.

An ologs only real nerf is the fact they get hungry faster.... Wow..... What a nerf..... *claps* 10/10

"oh i got pvp'd by a retard help guys!"

ologs are ******* broken but the hunger issue is so bullshit that it makes it balanced. you literally need to carry stacks of food on you for like 10 minute journeys

and being retarded means you can't cut down a tree, or stone so the skill debuff thing you said is kinda stupid. Trolls should not be a playable race because literally the players also cannot barely rp the descendant races **** giving them monsters.

Just don't be a ***** and let the retard klomp you, it's the equivalent to an 8 foot autist running at you because you showed them a bright color. Just take it like a champ

Trolls are only ET creatures and normal members cannot play them. Ologs are harmless and calm if you have food on them and leave them to their stuff. 

Trolls are literally just special snowflake ogres. Why they are only ET playable is laughable. 

31 minutes ago, Jonificus said:

Trolls are literally just special snowflake ogres. Why they are only ET playable is laughable. 

because players will be retarded and take them in taverns and ****. players can't be given that trust because **** they screw it up alot

8 hours ago, Lsuvsfar said:

Also, what kind of a debuff is stupidity? How the heck do you enforce a stupidity nerf?

The same way you enforce elves to RP their curse of infertility.

You can't force people to do something. If someone is making a lore-breaking, smart Olog then call them out on it, otherwise just let them alone. They really won't try to hurt you unless you provoke them, or they're ordered to by a regular ol' orc/goblin.

Trolls shouldn't even be a thing. Make ologs a race you have to apply for so we don't get these "cuuuuute~!" and lorebreaking ogres.

Compare an olog to a mammoth-like beast, a neanderthal or five year old. I didn't see any lorebreaking ologs yet. They are dangerous and violent when in need or hungry. I doubt that ologs need a change, completely unneeded. 

Also having to apply for an olog is stupid, not many play them and most who do are good at role-play and know how to role-play their creature.

57 minutes ago, MegRawr said:

The same way you enforce elves to RP their curse of infertility.

You can't force people to do something. If someone is making a lore-breaking, smart Olog then call them out on it, otherwise just let them alone. They really won't try to hurt you unless you provoke them, or they're ordered to by a regular ol' orc/goblin.

Yeah, because when you're walking to your home and one of them jumps you and murders you you were clearly provoking attack.