The Witch Mother & The Banshee

meg

16 hours ago, Valmir said:

Very fancy! I'm going to go out on a whim and affirm that the limbs/body is operated in the same way a Frost Witch usually manipulates ice and snow and will be disabled by Anti Magic at first, freezing then falling eventually apart and 'killing' the banshee?

Regardless of answer to that, really cool lore and it's good to see Frost Witches getting additions! +1

Pretty much what Hugo said unless you think it should be otherwise?

12 hours ago, Yuln said:

Looks good, I think this will make frost witches a bit more interesting as well as fix some problems that we currently have.
I would like to know, though, what will happen with the current witch mothers and that cursed ice? Will it grow into their hearts now, or will it be said that it is already their heart, just that they did not know it?

If I didn't clarify it in the post there are plans in place for an event (That will take place ASAP if the lore is accepted) that will sort out the current witch mother's lacking of the hearts, yes!

12 hours ago, Wendigo said:

Rasmot really made banshees don't you see?! Jk, in all seriousness great lore and I think it's a necessary addition to frost witches. Just a few questions regarding the lore that you could perhaps clarify for me.

• 3bd7dee631b3f9adc408c4dccdae8d68.png

In this red line you go on to state that their power increases by x2. The next red line you go on to state that the banshees power and the mothers are on equal footing in terms of power. 

• 625ae3b3cd80497ed55430960a85fc30.png

Could you perhaps exemplify on this more? If it's for future lore I would understand, but if not you should probably create some red lines or go into more detail for it considering it 'ignores most of the limitations of a regular calling stone.'

Otherwise I really love the lore, great job Meg.

The "equal footing" line is to sort of add on/clarify the (x2) that both the Banshee and the Witch Mother have, as during proofreading the fact that the Banshee and Witch Mother were both on equal footing in terms of power, they just do different things utility-wise. 

As for the calling stone that is mostly going to the hook for the planned implementation event, therefore will be unusable by PC's. But I can go into more detail, aye.

5 hours ago, Space said:

Feels like one of Katari's 'limited small number of magic beings that are more powerful than the regular magical beings they are based off of,' which I think is generally unneeded.

And as for people saying this 'fixes' frost witches, how? What are the problems with frost witches that you see?

Personally, the problem I think frost witches have is that they aren't very interesting. They seem generic and very similar to other villainous characters, in the way that their purpose is to just go and randomly kill people. Which isn't really all that fun (from both viewpoints, of the person whose characters is being killed and the person whose character is just a murderous maniac for no good reason. and yes, 'they need it to live' is not a good reason, because it's simplistic and promotes a type of rp that doesn't achieve much in ways of development or fun. generally). And that's not to say that Frost Witches can't be interesting characters, it's just that it's sorta tainted by this (in my opinion!!!) poor lore of the frost witches in general.

I think that Frost Witches could be improved with some sort of reason to interact with people that isn't just to kill them. Whether that's a goal that the leader or whatever wants to achieve, or some sort of thing added in lore. Don't think it's achieved with addition of more creature forms.

i'm prepared to be ass blasted don't worry :')

Sorry if Zae already responded but I wanted to put my 2 cents in, for what it's worth.

I mean Fwitches certainly interact with people that isn't just to kill them, and that's usually to make 'friends' or secure allies/beneficial relationships. I mean, technically Witch Mothers already exist as that Katari thing, since they are the matrons and teachers. This just splits the role of the Witch Mother into Banshee/Mother and elaborates upon it. In terms of 'fixing' there's a lot of questionable things as to how witch mothers are made, how the structure of the coven functions, related to the degeneration, etc. I hope that kind of answers your question? 

Thanks everyone for the support. <3 I'm gonna be cleaning up the red lines to make them more obvious and doing some minor tweaking to balance in the next day.

Glad to have helped in the creation of lore for a topic that I love so much on here!!!! Of course this has my approval!

Always love the Frostie stuff, major plus one!

Made a few more changes in regards to the Banshee, I think it should be all good for review now, unless any other issues are brought up.