[✗] Arcane Banishment

Mr. Etan

1 hour ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

snip

I guess it's just an issue based on how things have been set up. As for arcane magics it's based on the Void: the plane of infinite potential energy. Or in words that can be made sense of from an OOC perspective: the possibility for literally anything to happen. It's non-guild-locked for the most part as well, and is essentially the 'base' magic... It's bound to have the most people using and writing lores for. It's a bit of a snowball effect really. Whereas users of deific arts or other such things are bound to simple concepts like 'nature' due to their gods having simplified dominions. So because of such things you won't be seeing their abilities expanding much farther than that. The smaller player bases involved with non-arcane magics makes it more difficult to increase volume of submitted lores as well.

There's just a good mixture of things both IC and OOC which has led into such a snowball effect of 'batman belt'-ing, I suppose. But I don't think it's a huge stretch to imagine a void mage could make efforts to amend their mistakes such as closing a void tear or banishing a horror. If I started seeing void magic lores being submitted for healing wounds efficiently with their minds or something, I'd probably be concerned.

EDIT: I also said "someone else's" magic group because sometimes people only take part in specific groups of magic. I personally both have an arcane mage and a druid, and I like to dip my toes in as many places as possible. I don't intend to cause division in any ways.

EDIT EDIT:

1 hour ago, DISCOLIQUID said:

Edit - Proof

Just want to say that more writing doesn't mean more ability. Often times on LotC it results in more limitation than anything, as there is far less for the individual to interpret for themselves. Much of what is actually written for a druid's control is written vaguely and without great detail... Allowing druids to take it as they will. Trust me as having a character that actually uses communion/control. It's not lacking compared to mental magic at all.

Aaand... Effectively I want to end note on the point that wizards as far as any fantasy trope are meant to be the ones with a larger variety of magic utility. It's what makes arcane magic arcane magic, the batman belt. There are certain things they cannot touch like being holy bastions for destroying the dark, or picking up a sword to fight like a powerful warrior, etc. Having more varied abilities doesn't entirely mean they're stronger per se, but I can see why it might be frustrating. The issue is that it goes down to the core of what arcane magic is, and that's not going to really change.

You can allow me to add to Celestialism? ;P Since it can bind horrors/Celestials to the mortal realm (and in turn create them) it could make sense that it banishes them as well. Plus Celestialism makes it so you only get 1 tier 5 slot (Arcanism). Just a thought. 

Edit: Plus the horrors that derive from Celestialism already have a catalyst to use. Their Arcanist stone. 

Editedit: I was planning on adding just horror banishment in my addition anyways. 

39 minutes ago, Sir K Andruske said:

I believe if this magical feat were added it should be as stated as a magic feat not tied down to a specific magic in particular. The same can be said about warding to a degree, fii magic in how they are made to directly dispell magic. Or even translocation to a degree. Besides that I like this "idea" but agree it can tarnish the threat of these things like void nodes and horrors. I like what gladuos said however in it being in need of a circle to banish greater horrors and older voidal nodes. Though the statement of safely eradicating these things would be something many void mages would have thought about. That's all ill say on the subject however.

If I may ask a question.

If you learn voidal translocation, which opens the doors to half-translo and learn voidal shifting. Wouldn't it be possible to learn this magic easier considering it's a magical feat dealing with portals?

56 minutes ago, Evocress said:

If I may ask a question.

If you learn voidal translocation, which opens the doors to half-translo and learn voidal shifting. Wouldn't it be possible to learn this magic easier considering it's a magical feat dealing with portals?

It's not really a magic feat dealing with portals it's a magic feat with sewing and mending veil tears and forcing horrors back. Yes you should have an easier time learning but as stated you still learn as it's a completely new and different use from either or translocation or shifting so it will be just as difficult as learning a new magic, you just understand the concept better. Either way to Self teach you would need an Alteration, which both of those count for.

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.

Voidal horrors are powerful creatures and the general consensus is that they can't simply be "banished" by this pseudo voidal exorcism lore. If you have any further questions you may PM me or another member of the team.