[✗] Runic Handguns

Cpt_Noobman

3 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Would you happen to know where the actual lore is?

I mean someone could make a stick and put some enchantments on it so that it shoots stuff at people and it'd work just fine. There's no reason enchantments couldn't be placed on a medeusculor except for a failed attempt at 'balancing' it by placing limitations clearly originated from OOC reasoning.

3 minutes ago, Gladuos said:

I mean someone could make a stick and put some enchantments on it so that it shoots stuff at people and it'd work just fine. There's no reason enchantments couldn't be placed on a medeusculor except for a failed attempt at 'balancing' it by placing limitations clearly originated from OOC reasoning.

Oh I agree, it stems totally from OOC, but it is important if its actually part of the lore, OOC reasoning or not.

From what I gathered, the augmentations/reloading refer to the mage in the medeusculor guide. Big thing is the enchantment isn't a mage, so "reloading" is possible in a sense (getting another mana gem fueled and replacing the dead one with it).

Quick reminder that guides are not always equivalent to lore, and are often just suggestions to roleplay.

EDIT: Oh man the 700th post

13 hours ago, Gladuos said:

Quick reminder that guides are not always equivalent to lore, and are often just suggestions to roleplay.

Just as a clarification, I went asking around. Tsuyose has confirmed these things cannot be augmented with mana gems. They can only be operated by mages.

14 hours ago, Gladuos said:

Quick reminder that a redline in a guide is absolutely a red-line. The guide on medeusculors specifically says that they cannot be enchanted or modified to do stupid ****.

You beat Phil and I to getting around to making a post.

Seems like a reasonable dwarven alternative to crossbows/arbalests. Flair for culture is nothing to shame. I would argue that it should take 4 (load, charge, aim, fire) emotes rather then 3 (load + charge, aim, fire) for balance purposes and to align with what is shown on the loading procedure. Further a runic steam pressured weapon should also be unable to be prepared in advance beyond the first emote as you would likely run the weapon at too high of a pressure causing it to explode (serious maiming of wielder).

Unfortunately, according to Administrator decree when I first took up LT lead I was informed that I must decline official gun lore.

So by extension:

This Lore has been denied. Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.