[✗] Runic Handguns

Cpt_Noobman

1 hour ago, BANFLASH said:

guns do not belong on lotc

53 minutes ago, Oodles said:

all guns need to be extirpated permanently from the lord of the craft's lore.

Guns already exist but you have to know a mage to make it for you.

The same arguments that were used to force medeusculors onto the server could be used for this weapon. 

"Its balanced" 

"Its already possible to make it" 

"Its hard to get one"

Just now, Aelsioln said:

"Its hard to get one"

Well I wouldn't say this one.

But yeah, essentially I agree I dont even see why this couldn't be a thing.

1 minute ago, Aelsioln said:

Guns already exist but you have to know a mage to make it for you.

The same arguments that were used to force medeusculors onto the server could be used for this weapon. 

"Its balanced" 

"Its already possible to make it" 

"Its hard to get one"

those should not exist either and are one of the most stupid things i have seen on lotc

the vote was against guns so in response swgrclan justified making guns only usable/creatable by some special snowflakes because "well if the rest of the server doesn't want them then why can't we have them xddd"

Just now, BANFLASH said:

those should not exist either and are one of the most stupid things i have seen on lotc

the vote was against guns so in response swgrclan justified making guns only usable/creatable by some special snowflakes because "well if the rest of the server doesn't want them then why can't we have them xddd"

Oh I know, I'm still against the idea of them and completely agree with you there.

Make it a multiprofession craftable weapon.

Have the stock being crafted by a master woodworker from darkoak or something. The barrel by a master level blacksmith. The firing mechanism by a master level tinker. Assemble the whole thing by a master level blacksmith.

Making gunpowder for potential ammunition is already very intensive in terms of time for a tinker. Add a craftable iron pellet or bullet for the blacksmith (iron nugget when 1.11.2 comes about, or just a ghast tear). And if you want to be really picky, add paper to the requirements of firing this thing.

Assuming it's not magical, but mundane.

I don't want more orenian gun squads, even though I must admit it seems like very interesting lore. 

Thing is, it sounds very powerful. As a mage, i can make a very strong lightning bolt, the strongest one not even being able to kill anyone and taking 5-6 emotes to create, when this, I supposed mostly one shots. How strong is the gun? Does it kill in one shot if fired at an unarmored persons chest? I'd specify this. 

Honestly, I was against guns but now I see people using magic flintlocks everywhere, go ahead and do it....

11 minutes ago, Ended said:

Honestly, I was against guns but now I see people using magic flintlocks everywhere, go ahead and do it....

Literally as I read your post I saw this: 

bf3381e99f4a62037aafbe23ce775425.png 

The issue with this is that one is a magic gun, which is still a firearm, though it fires arcana, meaning it does less damage, despite the accuracy and look of such a weapon. Arcana can be shielded by a multitude of things, such as normal armor, or thanium, or so on. 

Bullets on the other hand, tear through flesh,plate,leather, and almost anything conventional. If we add guns, we'll erase the need for other weapons. Not much stops a bullet, nor being the recipient of an instant headshot death be enjoyable. Oren gunsquads, or sniper bandits would simply ruin the server. 

19 minutes ago, DivineJustice said:

Bullets on the other hand, tear through flesh,plate,leather, and almost anything conventional. 

Armor piercing arrows are arguably the same, and those are already craftable and usable in pvp. In fact the post suggests using armor piercing arrows as the representative item because a bullet would have the same effect on a target. 

If we add guns, we'll erase the need for other weapons. 

Not necessarily. A conventional shortbow or longbow, for instance, would have the same advantages over a firearm as they have over a crossbow, that is, speed of firing and effective range; the effective range advantage is even more pronounced because of the firearm's inaccuracy. 

Not much stops a bullet, nor being the recipient of an instant headshot death be enjoyable. Oren gunsquads, or sniper bandits would simply ruin the server. 

These are both already possible with armor-piercing arrows and high-velocity bows. Snipers, in particular, don't seem feasible with firearms because of their inaccuracy. 

As for the lore post, it seems alright. It isn't even unprecedented to have a mechanic for this sort of thing, since in Anthos everybody had access to a spell called sear, in which right clicking a gold hoe with emeralds in your inventory would cast an arcing fireball that exploded on impact. I quite liked it, but whether it was a good or bad addition is down to personal preference I suppose. 

Some how we have infinite mugs of ale and infinite cakes that change flavour every bite... Soon we will have unlimited flintlocks and some kind of muun magic to speed up fire rate and boom, lotc has machine guns, fuckin yes. -1

Could we not.