We've added the ability to disable snow for those struggling to browse the forums with it. Scroll down to the bottom of any page, click themes and select the drop down item "Lord of the Craft v4.1.16.1 (No Snow)". Enjoy!

Welcome to The Lord Of The Craft

We're currently the #1 Minecraft Roleplaying Server, fitted with custom plugins, a unique crafting system, custom character cards and an incredibly active and passionate community; We're serious about Roleplay and we're always eager for new faces!

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

VonEbs

The Flagship: Axios War Bulletin I

13 posts in this topic

The Flagship

Axios War Bulletin I

JvUDRfK.jpg

Grand King Algoda Executed by Orenian Foes

ktcpm8GMjm6DNk3k3qX1RLEVNHiybAeZbj8f7I8uNxGnEfanr6WtoPn0ZE-M9wIsZHPBzguI3qg04jppnQQefHrWCM-w_YrcqTk0Vt3fZBiTMV_K0VuaaSxr1Vznj8LQhQH1_4Co

Algoda, Grand King of the dwarven Grand Kingdom of Urguan, was executed by Orenian officials after being seized in the Orenian town of Ostermark. This has hardened opinion in Kal’Omith in favor of the war, and the Senate of the Grand Kingdom of Urguan will be convening this Saint’s Day to select a new King.

===

Contents

Grand King Algoda Violently Executed

Interview with Philip I Frederick, Holy Oren Emperor

Oren Suffers Humiliating Loss at The Gorge, attempts to Consolidate Control in Lorraine

Allies Stand Firm Behind Philip I Frederick

Market Journal

Top 5 Taverns in Axios

Religion Roundup: Reforms and Schism

Debate in Haelun’or Over Security

Haria Reigns in Military

Editor’s Note

===

Interview with Philip Frederick, Holy Oren Emperor

PSDUX38ZjwtQVcNqEH7hU3h2pwVM0l8W-CAs3zHxAti-wMHAnqrBNYxgfJIQKRXT97lTG0swhgONguoYLLTU-csW9koK3s7Omkt-MCsPVd0DPomVsbO5vLvH0C9bUwTgJjvuylNH

The Emperor, Philip Frederick, regally reclines on this throne, as his guard, Baron Mattington Ironsword, watches silently.

Ebs: Karin’ayla Emperor Philip Frederick. My thanks for agreeing to this interview.

Philip Frederick: Of course, do begin.

Ebs: Yes, of course. I will begin by asking what you believe to be the roots of this conflict?

Philip Frederick: Bandits who would see to bring dishevel to the Empire for nothing more than personal gain, there is reason for the actions of Ser Otto.

Ebs: I see. There has been a history of civil conflict involving the House, Staunton. Could you explain why this is the case?

Philip Frederick: They rebelled against my grandfather for unjust reasons, after suffering defeat in battle, their ducal coalition quickly fell apart.

Ebs: So, you believe them to be back to settle old scores, propped up by foreign agents bent on destruction of the Empire?

Philip Frederick: They are opportunists; they saw a chance and pounced to gain their own power, no matter the cost for the Empire.

Ebs: Indeed, indeed. To shift topics, are there any reforms that you have instituted during your reign that you take particular pride in achieving.

Philip Frederick: I am proud of my military, for they were in an awful state when I inherited, we now are capable of defending the Empire.

Ebs: I suppose we shall see soon enough to judge that for ourselves. What is your vision for the Holy Oren Empire going forward? For Axios as a whole?

Philip Frederick: I wish for there to be peace not only within the Empire but all of Axios. I settled an old score with Haria and prevented war between out two nations. That being said, we must end this rebellion and beat back the dwarves before we can achieve peace.

Ebs: Speaking of the dwarves, have you any comment on the execution of Grand King Algoda?

Philip Frederick: He was attempting to fornicate with a human woman and wished to see the downfall of my Empire. Had the roles been reversed, he would have done the same.

===

Oren Suffers Humiliating Loss at The Gorge, attempts to Consolidate Control in Lorraine

The forces loyal to the Holy Oren Emperor Philip I Frederick were decimated and routed from the field of battle in the opening clash of the Staunton rebellion. The Stauntons and their allies held firm against a numerically superior and more advanced foe. This marks a rare loss for the Holy Oren Empire and promises to prolong the current conflict.

QriWo0NK0c6PeVpe5G-z5C-mczGU3Pyp0soCaTS_p4UQq8z2yR9eSy9Np-OPrRJe9EfaXW7PsedRAHsgTBjccSEVhn9HrwBs4dlcMFa_LWYhpOrD67cablY3zidMMmAtI7f-2Xc8

The Ducal City of Metz.

The ducal city of Metz, located in the Archduchy of Lorraine, has experienced heavy fighting between rebels from the Staunton family and loyalists led by Ser Otto. Forces loyal to the Emperor currently control the city, while rebels control much of the rest of the Archduchy of Lorraine, setting up what is sure to be a pivotal battle in the current war.

===

Allies Stand Firm Beside Philip I Frederick

The Dominion of Malin and Kingdom of Haense have reaffirmed their loyalty to the throne of the Holy Oren Empire despite the recent loss. However, public opinion in the Dominion of Malin appears divided, as many mali wonder why elvish blood should (and indeed was) spilled in the internal affairs of the valah. Old debates about the true independence of the Dominion and the true allegiances of its leadership have also resurfaced. The Kingdom of Haense, however, has moved to actively suppress any rebel activity within its border in addition to aiding the war effort.

===

Market Journal

Book_and_Quill.png?version=2433f317513841f18aabdb41f8112257

Best Prices:

Iron: 1 Minas Kal’Omith

Gold: 1 Minas Kal’Omith

Diamond: 4 Minas, Kal’Omith

Logs: .02 Minas, Sutica, Kal’Omith

Hay Bale: .01, Sutica, Johannesburg

===

Top 5 Taverns in Axios

Karlsburg Tavern - Karlsburg, Kingdom of Haense

vokCda5ppnPfb-JkGLrM4REOStFSMR2shqHtHA5LrOHl2YmobxX3Z5oWRfRs0Xh57CwVm0lPvbncOc2bXasFvTOWlmR32qvNHeFrPpRjgG82SAoU6amKtQHs6nMXQdV9z_quRdYs

The Viridiun Pub - Johannesburg, The Crownlands

qY840nhFi8cgFEFCRVZEV6nu2lSm1d1HrBnYxhXigwE074Ax5IpgV4GzLAzHDmxNbJ-GHhYvofh9y2rhJtlal5EpjOj0FcSdCsUeuJnQ413HU_YKNUBM0yV2opunkoP1fYLpr49N

The Broken Toe - Sutica

1z8pLqG7G1prPgo9uSlhyQldXrHJ133MazpZl_s0oRU_nmn-otEOfqXf6qRDHg1S9K5ETOlJYHO6qMDItwjSNgnRVY4YGElcNv9v4NJYSfeEzVBw8_lWbJCi0Vi4ayU5TD0SEpe6

Kobble’s Cobble Tavern - Kal'Omith, Grand Kingdom of Urguan

muwbCEEmZOXE8uDPCeJ-4One3k5MkRFPkieKyff4njN3vvyqbKDdgqlKGGoJiu-6dsfMkxd9drLsELcac5DvDzDv_cmjWLUuMq854mFqH-FsCJjumxEAyKTNTW6vMxi2m-LG_-4c

The Leaping Fish Tavern - Reedsborough

bdyn89BVrguwHiPFLfAwy27KHrPadSyT_y5amsqDd1PmYSTo-sw9uKMwNyFPnZmbYDHQDmn073lZayGKdwSMHNeawoimhYuY-iKhvfV_eFBkYTdUtb562x9KALkvtKGixkdWaqtB

===

Religion Roundup: Reforms and Schisms

The Church of Lorraine, also known as the Lotharic Communion, has announced a schism from the Church of the One True Faith. The rebels in Lorraine and Savoy have often raised allegations of interference against Holy Oren Emperor Philip I Frederick in regards to reforms of the Church, and this appears to be the logical course now that the rebellion is being waged.

Additionally, the Accords of Johannesburg were advanced by Emperor Philip I Frederick and High Pontiff Adrian I, further cementing state control over the Church of the One True Faith. Only time will tell whether the schism will be sealed and if the reforms will stand.

===

Debate in Haelun’or Over Security

Cahir aep Ophael (the leader of the Arbiters), Braxus Ni’leya (a member of the Evariran) and Icarus (the librarian) are vying for an appointment as the elokarir'tir. Cahir appears to have the most support among the citizenry, but it is up to the Silver Council to decide who gets the post. There is pressure on the Silver Council to act swiftly, as recent events have revealed that lax security can lead to needless bloodshed within the Silver City.

===

Haria Reigns in Military

The Lord Regent of Haria, Fakhri Kharadeen, had established a court system to prevent the military from harassing citizens and visitors with little to no oversight. This will hopefully make Haria a more pleasant place to visit, having removed the threat of state violence against individuals without any due process.

===

Editor’s Note

Thank you for reading The Flagship. This is the first issue in quite some time, and I doubt that many of you are former readers, so I will reiterate my age old (quite literally) request for any and all feedback and suggestions. I strive to provide the most balanced and comprehensive broadsheet possible so that the Descendants can be informed of goings on in Axios.

~Ebs Telrunya

Editor in Chief

The three year old John Ted II Vimmark Staunton Horen sets down his issue and takes a long swill from his cup of tea.

"Someone, get me a noose! The Elves've learned how to write again; it's best we put an end to this before it starts."

*Benjamin Berric scoffs at the listed ore prices "This is why half tha' miners in Axios can't make a decent livin' with this' sorta undercuttin."

2 minutes ago, Silverstatik said:

*Benjamin Berric scoffs at the listed ore prices "This is why half tha' miners in Axios can't make a decent livin' with this' sorta undercuttin."

"Let's start up a trading league with the miners' well being in mind." Says a bypassing Dalma agent

Edric Altraza would be wandering around aimlessly. Every time he would allow himself a stop he would take his copy of The Flagship out of his pocket, unfolding it to read another section. Upon finishing and reading the name of the editor in chief he would say, finding himself having stopped in the middle of no where, to no one in particular.
"Ebs... Ebs? If he is who I think he is then that is quite the old friend of Malinor. Getting off that though, this is quite the good bit of writing of his."
He would fold his copy gently once again and look around, frowning. He wanders off in a random direction.

1 hour ago, VonEbs said:

after suffering defeat in battle

((FLASHBACKS TO WESTMARK WHAT WHAT!))

((This seems like an actually decent and good newspaper but you failed to mention that Lorraine defected...))

Cahir pens a note to Ebs.

Braxus was also executed for high treason for preparing to assassinate both the Uthir and Librarian. Otherwise, your facts check out, this is an impressive feat of writing. 

Sincerely, Cahir aep Ophael

A bearded Orenian adjusts his spectacles, flipping through the parchment. He'd bob his head, cracking a crooked smile as he read through the paper, contently exclaiming to nobody in particular, "By the Lord's name, finally, an informative and rather enjoyable paper," the man continued, setting the copy down on his desk.

((Actually a really nice, informative and well formatted read. Looking forward to more each week.))