New Village: Wait for 6.0, or now?

Sky

As the first discussion I believe this is a very important one, the pros and cons are simple with this, a new village before 6.0 would be good because of how far away we currently are and the only people who come to the village are raiders, and other halflings. I personally believe we should move now, and move close to the druids (something I am very easily able to assist in with both land, LC, and regions.) Though, what do you all think?

i dont think there's much point. while the activtiy would be nice, there isnt much time left before 6.0. probably atleast. so I say we wait it out. feel free to give me coutner arguments

7800503cbc4d8cf52c93b03b96cd50e9.png

I don't know- I think 2 months of small activity is worse, though of course I am more than willing to sit back and do whatever the majority of the other halflings wish.

activity before a new map is how you setup a springboard for jumping into a new realm. if you have more active players you will have more active builders, supply gatherers, etc.. when the map starts. I'd just try to get a cart to the village and put an arch near it (that can be the primary entrance of the village) and you can put raid cd signs near or on the arch. 

6 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

activity before a new map is how you setup a springboard for jumping into a new realm. if you have more active players you will have more active builders, supply gatherers, etc.. when the map starts. I'd just try to get a cart to the village and put an arch near it (that can be the primary entrance of the village) and you can put raid cd signs near or on the arch. 

This^, or we could just move close to the Urguan dwarves, close to Sutica, etc (I would say Druids but in order to get far as a Druid in the Druidic order you basically have to give up anything else you had been doing and become a full time Druid doing Druid things and obeying the Druidic culture. We could lose a lot of activity  that way, just like how kasfer spends most of his time at the Druid grove)

6 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

just move close to the Urguan dwarves, close to Sutica

You could literally just move into Reeds and rebuild it if you want. I'm sure that @SquirtGun would be happy to help her tiny friends

3 minutes ago, _Jandy_ said:

You could literally just move into Reeds and rebuild it if you want. I'm sure that @SquirtGun would be happy to help her tiny friends

Maybe if we were to reduce the size of the village a bit, that'd be a good idea.

IMO The main issue with Reedsborough is that it's too spread out for such a small community.

16 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

This^, or we could just move close to the Urguan dwarves, close to Sutica, etc (I would say Druids but in order to get far as a Druid in the Druidic order you basically have to give up anything else you had been doing and become a full time Druid doing Druid things and obeying the Druidic culture. We could lose a lot of activity  that way, just like how kasfer spends most of his time at the Druid grove)

You don't need to be a druid to live near the druids...? I'm not saying that we make halflings into a sub-sect of the druids, I'm saying we move into land nearby the druids. 

1 minute ago, Sky said:

You don't need to be a druid to live near the druids...? I'm not saying that we make halflings into a sub-sect of the druids, I'm saying we move into land nearby the druids. 

Fair 'nuff, although you could argue that being closer to the Druids encourages Druidism.

I'm just paranoid of losing our culture.

Just now, NotEvilAtAll said:

Proximity to druids won't kill the culture, inactivity will.

1 minute ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Fair 'nuff, although you could argue that being closer to the Druids encourages Druidism.

I understand the worry but to be quite honest (as jandy says) it wont kill off the culture, and to be fair, druidism has had a small part in halfling history (Petyr being an OG druid and notable, as well as an OG elder comes to mind)

It doesn't really matter who we get land with as long as it fulfills the goal of getting us the activity and good RP we need to continue on doing halfling stuff in 6.0

Think about it this way, you are going to lose everything materials and money wise when we switch world's, why not make the best of what you have while you have it?

22 minutes ago, dogbew said:

Think about it this way, you are going to lose everything materials and money wise when we switch world's, why not make the best of what you have while you have it?

Yep, although most of us don't care about the materials and minas anyways.

To be honest, I'll tell you good wisedom that the current Rex, ultravioletpixie, told me

It's better to have it now than in the future. It might not even work in the future. Your projects in this game shouldn't be for later, they should be for now. It'll cost you time? Yes. It'll cost you resources? Yes. Do you have resources? Probably. Is it needed? Yes.

You need something new, have it now. It'll help activity.

If you want to, I can help the halflings pay for a small plot come next map if I have extra money

edit:

Also, I think that you're suggesting druids because you have a druid character