[✗] [Revision] Malleus, The Gavel Bearer

Narthok

Malleus, The Gavel Bearer

Foreword

To make it painfully clear, this lore is being submitted as a single piece with the All Father's Gift. I am posting this seperately to give it some exposure and get some feedback, please do not consider it separate from the Gift when discussing approval. Because of the issues with the apparition concept I've tried to revise the submission with this new concept that should work much better in conjunction with server canon.

Introduction

The court of Justice stood empty. Its mighty gilded pillars laden in shadows, the mighty pulpit from which the Aengul of Justice had dispensed his righteous judgement lay barren. In the center of the soaring amphitheatre knelt a noble figure, brought low with grief. Plumage torn and posture broken the figure remained, agonizingly still. Before him a great hammer rested, emblazoned with ancient runes long lost to the grasp of mortals. Slowly the figure reached out, grasping the hammer before him and rising to his feet. There was justice to be done.

History

Malleus was once a devoted servant to Zecharael, the bearer of his mighty Justice, with which he passed judgement upon those that passed through his court. It was Malleus that had knelt by his side when Zecharael was cut low by the great betrayer. In his grief he retreated to the halls of justice. Taking solace in their empty expanse, now devoid of a lord upon the court’s great throne. Yet he was a servant of justice, and there were wrongs to set right. Taking up his master’s Gavel he set out. He would have his retribution upon those that had crossed Justice. None were exempt from the laws of the gilded court.

Malleus did not seek out allies amongst the Aenguls, nor amongst the Daemons. They were not worthy, nor could they be trusted with the Grand Purpose he now bore with the passing of Zecharael. Malleus instead turned his gaze to the mortal realm, seeking a people against the world. Not shackled to the chains of a dead god or slaves of the arrogant lords of Heaven. He found what he hunted amongst the ranks of man. A tribe of savage highlanders, caught amongst a foul blizzard which would most certainly spell their doom. They were perfect, their rural nature had rendered them bare of any insidious influences. Fresh clay to be moulded by the Hammer of Justice. Descending from the sky, clad in a cloak of righteous flame he approached the chief of the tribe. He would save them now, and in the days to come. In exchange the tribe would swear fealty to him in life and in death. Forever serving the Grand Purpose. Desperate to save his people from the foul blizzard the chieftain accepted.

Malleus granted each soul of the tribe his holy flame of Justice. Igniting the same passion Malleus bore, the righteous fire of retribution, of vengeance. To the chieftain Malleus bestowed a portion of his essence. Appearing as a roaring flame Malleus gifted him the essence, that the chieftain may spread the fires of retribution to those that would bask in the light of Justice. “From this day, until the end of time. I shall be known as your father, and your lord. You shall take no other”. With that the wrathful Patron withdrew, returning to the gilded court to observe his machinations take form.

Inspiration is drawn from this post : 

heyo for re-using aengulic lore ++++

I could be entirely mistaken, but isn't justice part of Tahariae's purview? He is the canon aengul of judgement, of which justice derives from.

6 minutes ago, The Templar said:

I could be entirely mistaken, but isn't justice part of Tahariae's purview? He is the canon aengul of judgement, of which justice derives from.

From what I've been told Tahariae took the mantle but the court remains empty.

Hrmn. His realm in lore is described as a courthouse, with him as the judge, jury, and executioner, judgement being a fairly large theme in his lore. If that's what you meant by court, that is. Justice was also an aspect of Tahariae according to the shelved Itharel lore. However, I can see that your lore in particular seems to be indicating a previous aengul that was slain, a previous aengul of justice. Were this to be approved, how would this affect Tahariae's flavor lore, considering all of the aforementioned?

2 hours ago, The Templar said:

Hrmn. His realm in lore is described as a courthouse, with him as the judge, jury, and executioner, judgement being a fairly large theme in his lore. If that's what you meant by court, that is. Justice was also an aspect of Tahariae according to the shelved Itharel lore. However, I can see that your lore in particular seems to be indicating a previous aengul that was slain, a previous aengul of justice. Were this to be approved, how would this affect Tahariae's flavor lore, considering all of the aforementioned?

Malleus is trying to fulfill his master's purpose rather than strictly pursue justice. Zechaerel's whole deal was he tried to apply justice to both the high and the low. Hence Malleus attempts to do the same aligning neither with the aenguls nor with the daemons. I don't know if it would effect Tahariae's lore as Malleus is not trying to become the Aengul of justice and pass judgement. Its more a matter of vengeance and righteous retribution upon what Malleus views as grievous wrongs committed by both Aenguls and Daemons. I think potential conflict might arise in Malleus feeling that Tahariae was being too lenient in distributing justice.

That's actually very nice, very nice indeed! An aengul of vengeance would bring a very nice twist to the pantheon of patrons. +1

5 minutes ago, The Templar said:

That's actually very nice, very nice indeed! An aengul of vengeance would bring a very nice twist to the pantheon of patrons. +1

Aye hopefully it get greenlight by the LMS

Thank you for submitting your piece! This is now under review and you can expect a verdict in two weeks or so. Votes have slowed due to holidays, 6.0 release, and finals/Winter Break and they will resume back to their normal pace of 1 week once things have settled down, I apologize for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, this piece has been denied. While a majority of this piece is fine, the team has an issue with it retroactively validating the Red Faith and granting the group magic (tying into your other proposal). As I said on the other piece, my discord is open if you want to discuss this further.

Topic moved to Denied Lore forum.