Sporadic

BETA: Plugins that white people get turnt to

BETA UPDATE 1: Northern Trade Route

The first adjustment is here as we continue to weak and rebalance the caravan plugin and gauge the optimal Roleplay experience. Here is the first set of changes to be aware of:

• The Cloud Temple outpost has been moved to x=435, z= -1700 in the north
  • The items for sale are now "Terium" and "Quadrium" because some people couldn't be mature 🤔
  • Llama's will now receive a significant slowing effect if they move off the roads while carrying too much items (specifically, if half or more of their available inventory slots are filled).

BETA UPDATE 2: Western Trade Route

• You can use "/help caravan trading" to get info on the Llama plugin
  • Items for sale are now named after the Triumvirate
  • There are now three trade routes leading to Eastbight (near Holm), the Pridelands (near the Warhawke chiefdom) and the Loftywoods (near Dominion). These trade routes cycle on a weekly basis.
  • Currently the Dominion route is active, but when the ingame year changes so will the route.
  • The Cloud Temple tradesmaster has been added to notify you of the currently active trade route.
  • Pet plugin still in development 😉

Let me know your thoughts. Report bugs and imbalances to me as always. Happy trading!

So today we implement a beta-version of the idea I've been discussing here:

Right now I've created a very simple, single back-and-forth trade route that you can use to make a nice amount of Minas. I am personally very excited about the potential of bringing back road RP and I hope an ecosystem of traders, bandits and guards will accomplish this, with Cloud Temple being a terminal point so that new players can quickly find other people and thus the possibility of RP.

How effective this will work remains to be seen. Of course, there are  many pitfalls and exploits this system will fall to. Not only this, but there is the definite risk nobody is interested enough in making Minas for this system to have any effect whatsoever. That's why I need you all for this beta testing. If you are interested in trader RP or road RP at all, please try out our system and leave your feedback to  make the system as fun as it possibly could be.

Expect bugs, imbalances and exploits, the Minas rate being either too low (in the beginning) or too high (when you have a 30-llama caravan to your name). This is a trial run, after all, but if it is successful I hope to see much good come of it.

HOW TO GET STARTED TRADING:

1. Find yourself a llama. Any llama will do, but preferably she is tamed and chested (feed wheat to tame, then right click with a chest)
    1a) (note that you can no longer sprint while leashing a Llama forward. This is the disadvantage the trader has to suffer, unfortunately for you. Let's hope there's no bandits on the road.)
  2. Bring the Llama to the Whispering Crossroads (x=427,z=600). Here you will find the lone Cloud Temple missionary on a very important task.
  3. There is an unstable liquid for sale here called "Unicum", while a liquid called "Deutrium" is being purchased. Go ahead and buy some Unicum for now.
  4. VERY CAREFULLY: SNEAK over to your LLama and deposit the vials into its inventory. Note that only our friend the Llama has the temper to safely transport the Unicum. If you do it yourself, OR try to teleport to get back quicker, you are in for a nasty surprise. Indeed, there is a reason the Cloud Temple monks cannot do this work themselves.
  5. Walk over to Cloud Temple. This should take between 5-8 minutes. Here in the CT square is another new monk shoppe.
  6. Here you can sell your Unicum for a handsome profit, and buy some Deutrium to bring back to the missionary at the crossroads.
  7. Good job. You've got it!

As you are aware, the roads of Atlas give you a speed boost of 30% which applies to both you and the Llama. This will be a very nice way for you to get where you're going faster. Unfortunately, of course, if trading becomes popular you can expect Bandits to await you at very popular choking points, and demand you pay their toll. Best of luck.

PS: Another beta-version sneak peek, those who venture into the Swaymoors(1839,46,983) at this time will find out that it has been taken over by a few nasty, smelly invaders. I sure wonder what other horrors the future has in store for us 😄

PPS: There will soon be even more useful items for sale at Cloud Temple, so make sure to safe up that $$$

Oh Lordy, this definitely sounds interesting 

but I already did road merchant RP with RP items and I did fine

1 minute ago, TheCritsyBear said:

but I already did road merchant RP with RP items and I did fine

Feel free to share your experiences and anecdotes so we can know what you enjoy about it.

"Our friend the llama..."

The way you wrote this, it sounds like you're being condescending in a humorous way.

Edited by oblivionsbane

I like the idea but with no pet protection someone might just steal your pots without any rp at all and run off, and if it's a crowd theres no telling who took them. Pet plugin and decent horses when?

27 minutes ago, Patu said:

I like the idea but with no pet protection someone might just steal your pots without any rp at all and run off, and if it's a crowd theres no telling who took them. Pet plugin and decent horses when?

I thought the exact same thing.

I can’t wait to see all the llama caravans passing by Dunshire.

2 hours ago, Patu said:

I can make something very simple and lag-free

Donkeys work at all or guess only llamas? Also traveling in water with them will that do anything or still work about the same as the roads?

I had a good chuckle at the title, and the names you used for the first liquid, Unicum, sounds... idk, you take a guess at why I'm poking at it. Aside from the name, it sounds interesting.

16 minutes ago, Dumbrarere said:

I had a good chuckle at the title, and the names you used for the first liquid, Unicum, sounds... idk, you take a guess at why I'm poking at it. Aside from the name, it sounds interesting.

Rename it to unicornium?