Johann

The Law: Tradition and Silver

OeTT_NFBc3Hnnn-ppMSUqGfHQ4JFRzx1RMql75P9Z8N_nkUNZB-qC139sFajmWgZXZeFt6HV28TBDRiv-l07aDSOKvUNoVBtMyiYAnSEb5qJSDs_DHcXdASz0IXKT57P9yKIrXHp

Standing upon the barren floor that once defined the silver throne, an ostentatious symbol of the now fallen autocracy, Muriel Uradir blankly stood before the assemblage of his peers, arms clasped behind his back as the fabric of his robes rippled as he began to stride, henceforth presenting his proclamation.

Mali’thill of Haelun’or. 

With the autocracy dead and the republic restored, we now stand at the precipice of a new era - one defined by a return to Tradition and Silver, a government for the people. As is customary of the ways of old, all positions in the Silver Council and sohaership are to be open to election by the people, in consequence to a shift in governance. 

Thus, you have been congregated on this blessed day to witness debate, a cornerstone of the democratic process, a debate to gauge the worthiness of candidates for a position on the Silver Council.”

Muriel pauses, watchful eyes surveying the gathering of elves, procuring an extended period of tense silence before clearing his throat to continue, a sweeping motion made with his staff towards the crowd, his tone now accentuated by an unmistakable conviction.

“All Mali’thill that wish to nominate themselves for the position of Okarir’tir, step forth and proclaim your candidacy.

Let the citizens know of your competence.”

8aaFY77QMYXY7Zx9WNUCtho-2CVWDmyjpbStKOj39TYTsY1bNyNELM0gVh-49xZFyq9gyak_7GP3dkUrNs2YDdH-MTyI5BmzkSCPOFl5MtQlMNJh39nrgfoEBWfxwC0-3QlG1ZmJ

For further clarification on the duties of the Okarir’tir, refer to constitution linked as follows:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12yZYi43wh98JUkEcywJwepU8oebtD-ChcwDhsEUzbG8/edit#heading=h.y86lyqk3mioh

Spoiler

OOC notice: The thread will be open for 48 hours before elections for the position officially open. Responses to this post should be limited to SPEECHES for nominations or questions for candidates, with text preceded by your character posed for roleplay immersion. Use https://minecraft.novaskin.me/ to pose your skin

27 minutes ago, tasty_cheesecake said:

I nominate Elrion. Elathion

-Lysio H.

Dabelathion.thumb.png.3757f9ea42c8c045d131893c66b59f03.png

Elathion stepped up to respond.

“I’m afraid that, while honoured, I cannot accept this nomination. I intend to run for another position entirely, and believe there to be more capable ‘Thill within the city for the role of Okarir’tir. I’d also like to take this opportunity to voice my support for Kaelan Aldin, who I’m sure will do an excellent job.”

OCXiV5B.png

Kaelan Aldin had received word of his nomination.

“Anybody that knows me and I mean truly knows me, knows of my honest nature and love for el’cihi and its residing ‘thill. I have a distinguished military career, having participated and lead Haelun’or through prior wars as well as having restructured the entire Sillumir in the past, I am a close student of the law and will be putting my name forward for the position of Okarir’tir, ahernan Elathion.”

CN1ETV1.png

Elahern stepped forward in response to the speach

“I would like to nominate Alluin Miravaris for this position as I believe he would be a excelent candidate. He has served well many years as Divkinael and I believe in his capabilities for okarir’tir.” 

Posted (edited)

Alluin_Pose2.png

Alluin stood up after Elahern had nominated him, folding his hands behind his back.

“All of you do know me, be it well or just by seeing me on duty. I have served the Weeping Blades since I reached adulthood, and have seen its glory and its downfall, and all in between. Despite a period of some… personal issues, my brothers of the Weeping Blades have been there for me, supporting me through this time and allowing me to carry out my duties. Now, I am willing to be there for you, to serve the Silver Law, to be a part of the renovation of our cihi and the ‘thill.

I, also, will be putting my name forward for the position of okarir’tir, ahern ito nae’leh, Elahern.”

Edited by Arachne_07

CN1ETV1.png

Elahern would clap after the speech of Alluin
”If I may add something to that I must also say that Alluin and I have worked closely together on the Sillumiran. And so he knows my plans and knows Elsillumiran inside out. I would see him becoming okarir’tir rather than someone who wasn't even part of the sillumir in the last decades.”

After that Elahern took a brief pause before shifting his gaze towards Kaelan.
“I have something to say on your words if I may? You stated that you lead Haelun’or through prior wars as a good thing, however, I do not see it that way. The way I see it is that the purpose of Elsillumiran is to avoid wars, and not spill any unneeded blood. And to add on that I do not feel another reconstruction of the Sillumiran would be beneficial at this time. The last one costs us many members and another one will mean our end. As I stated before, I do not feel someone who probably doesn't even know our current ranks or state of business should get to be okarir’tir. Chaos leads to downfalls and uprisings, although some things are too fragile to reconstruct. Each and every sillumir has their emotions and capabilities, and Alluin knows them all, he has a connection with them. I have nothing against you Kaelan, however, I just see Alluin as a better fit. 

OCXiV5B.png

Kaelan placed his hands behind his back, looking to the Alluin and nodding his head in respect to the competition that had arisen.

”Alluin is an excellent candidate for the position, this much is clear. He is a distinguished Sillumir who served under myself as a Tahorren in charge of el’cihis defenses and managing the gates. A job he performed exceptionally. He was also responsible for training Sillumiran new to our ranks, I am sure he would make an excellent Okarir’tir. Which is why I encourage the competition, I wish you the best of luck, mal’onn. Let there be no hard feelings on the new Okarir’tir, whoever it may be.”

Kaelan then looked over towards Elahern, addressing the individual who had served the el’cihi as an Okarir’tir, despite his tenure being relatively short.

”By all means, mister Elahern, I encourage debate and conversation regarding my candidacy. Unfortunately my helmet masks any facial expression I may have, though rest assured, I did not view any war as a ‘good’ thing. Rather, I actively advocated against it. As you will find here.”  says, producing a piece of parchment regarding his ‘addressing to the Sillumir’. https://www.lordofthecraft.net/forums/topic/186849-the-sillumirans-thoughts/

”On the contrary, I do wholeheartedly believe that a restructuring is needed, for the prosperity of maehr’sae hiylun’ehya. From my conversations with our ‘thill, it would appear that some sort of reform would be needed to properly educate our mal’onn on how to conduct their duties effectively and efficiently. I have trained for el’Sillumiran my entire life, when I came to el’cihi similar thoughts and doubts on my ability were raised. But through hard work and camaraderie all doubts were put aside, it is ne secret that some had doubted some of our proceedings but once again, ne feedback or criticisms came from our active Sillumir with the exception of some firmly against the anonymity I had in place.

Allow me to put into perspective this.

One of our Sillumir conducts an arrest for murder, or has disgruntled an outsider who seeks revenge. Without their anonymity they place their talonn’ii and own lives at risk. Why? Why? Would I allow my weeping blades to be judged by the ‘thill for the actions they commit to keep Haelun’or safe? Make ne mistake, it happens. Do I want their purity questions for the service they conduct? Ne. This is why the existing Sillumir does not work.

Matters of military aside, for an Okarir’tir to uphold the law is paramount. I am a close pupil of the Silver Law and have exercised it multiple times in the past against would be criminals of the state. 

Anybody who had served with me knows that any and all individual suspected of a crime was only ever arrested if sufficient evidence came to be, ensuring a full and proper investigation had taken place to ensure a fair trial.

Strangely enough however, I have noticed several investigations which were taking place before my initial removal for advocating against war have since vanished from our archiving. Which begs the question, were these files removed to protect a ‘thill guilty of some hideous crime or was it down to poor administration?

Over and out to you.

Posted (edited)

body.thumb.png.9ad2a8363fb4f6d67b51347a5a616129.png

Ivoriel steps forward once Kaelan finishes his speech.

“I would wish to show my support for Kaelan. I’ve seen his wit and tactic as a commander of the Sillumiran and have seen him prove himself protecting Haelun’or numerous times now. He truly cares for El’cihi, so I believe he’ll no doubt make a great candidate for Okarir’tir.”

She adjusts herself to look around the room once more then glances back to Kaelan.

“Mister Aldin has more than proven himself to me, were it not for him I would not even be here today. I would have been hurt, or worse, by a ker outside El’cihi. Mister Aldin was there to protect me as an mere oem’ii, and because of that kindness I can witness the progress that is happening within our beautiful silver state today”

Edited by SirShadiestOfMixtapes

Alluin_Pose.thumb.png.fa273cc43d87b7386d17a5ff1c6bf231.png

Alluin rose up once again, nodding to Kaelan, Elahern and Ivoriel as a sign of appreciation for their contribution, support and explanation. “Ahernan to all. I am glad to hear this discussion going on in a civilised matter, in contrary to much of the debates and discussions in elcihi in the last days.”

His gaze now fixed on Kaelan, or rather, the eye slid of Kaelan’s helmet. “I give a special thanks to Kaelan for his words. My memories of our time together in elsillumiran, as Sixty-Six and Thirteen, will not soon fade out. It was Kaelan’s firm hand and stern discipline that led the Weeping Blades to newly achieved heights, with a minimal loss of lives. In fact, I cannot remember one of our brothers deceasing in these times. In all aspects, I deem Kaelan an adequate, more than qualified okarir’tir.”

He smiled faintly, with a small sense of sorrow. “However, we cannot neglect the years you have been away. Our cihi has developed in these years, and not only in a bad way. Many new ‘thill have joined, many new sillumiran have gone and joined. It is with gladness I see you, Kaelan, Storm, and others return to our ranks, but at this moment I must support Elahern’s opinion.”

Alluin looked back at both Elahern and Ivoriel, and after that at the ‘thill gathered. “As a final note, let us not support a candidate, for this nor for other positions, out of personal relations or preference. Let us use the wisdom Larihei has provided us and let the candidate most fit for the position be elected.”

“I spit on the notion that one should ‘avoid’ war at all costs, at least how you seem to construct that ideal to be ignoring the fact that war exists. I forgot who said it, but someone must have once said ‘should you desire peace, prepare for war’. Attempting to discredit Kaelan for mentioning his experience with war discounts that even in peacetime, a veteran of war will have familiarity with methods to prepare for the next war, and like it or not there will always be a war coming, and as our lifetimes are measured on the timescale of centuries, we will likely have to put up with it.

Elahern and Alluin strike me as green soldiers, inexperienced summer children who haven’t seen their first metaphorical winter yet. Nobody seriously thinks war is a good thing unless they stand to profit from it, but soldiers understand that war is something that happens when snow elves and humans sneeze, and accordingly war must be prepared for by a standing army.

Kaelan is tried and tested, just look at his face, take a long hard look for a moment and tell me that is a man who does not stand for Haelun'or? I have witnessed this man literally throw himself in front of his troops to defend them, not caring for his own personal state. He saved us from the construct menace, Caestella Elibar'acal’s thanhium bomb under the city... What more could you ask for in a Okarir'tir?”

Alluin_Pose2.png.afe5bc9effcae66e250f8b7d314ffaa9.png

Alluin promptly rose after the man had finished his words, his facial expression sterner than it was before. He directly addressed the one that just spoke, not recognising his face. “Llir. I understand that you came with Kaelan and that you wish to support him. Of course, you are free to do so and to express your support here. But however you seem to know Kaelan rather well, you do clearly not know me, nor Elahern.”

His piercing gaze stuck to the one he was talking to. “Your judgement about Kaelan is right. He is a fierce and capable military leader, as I myself have also stated before. He will not send his men into battle without being at the frontline himself. And the ones that know me, know that goes the same for me. I have fought many wars. My face may not be disfigured and my scars may not be visible, except for this one,” he gestures to the scar at the side of his neck. “However, that I am standing here is only thanks to the capable hands of the lliran that work in our clinic. I do not revel in these facts, as there is no honour nor glory in showing what we suffered. It is merely our duty.”

“We are not to avoid war is war is brought to us when our cihi is threatened, but we should never glorify it. We all know mali’thill blood is precious, and not to be spilled at any small conflict, but we also cannot allow our cihi, traditions or people to suffer. As the Weeping Blades, we are prepared for war, but at the same time, we strengthen our efforts to prevent it. That is all there is to say on that topic.”

He then turns to Kaelan and after that to the gathering, his expression relaxing a little. “Besides of that, we all know that the position of okarir’tir is not merely that of a military leader. Ti, it is an important part of their responsibilities, but we must also consider their responsibilities in conducting research, organising trials, and upholding the Silver Law.”

Storm would gaze at the debate with curious eyes. His silent hues would sweep over the hues of the candidates as they debated between one another. taking note each of their points and counterarguments. When there was further silence, the elf would take his stand, gazing between his two brothers. This, after everything they had been through together, was a hard decision. With that, he would open his mouth, speaking his thoughts to the debate

“It is the truth when I say that you two esteemed Sillumiran are both excellent candidates for Okarir’tir, given your extensive history and experience therein the ranks of the Sillumir. However history is not all that makes one a proper fit for said position. It is the individual motivation, determination, wit, and love for el’cihi and its ‘thill that is what makes the best fit for Okariran. I will present my questions to the both of you, and whosoever provides an adequate answer to my inquries shall receive my endorsement.” 

The elf would then shift his gaze to Kaelan with a smile, dipping his head to the man in respect in greeting

@Knox
“Kaelan, mal’onn, I had the pleasure of serving with you under the Sillumir. You were nothing short of a fantastic leader, and I do not doubt those abilities at all. However, it was with great dissatisfaction that I saw what one of the protocols you put in place sewed between citizens and the Sillumir, and that is namely the the anonymity, the constant helmets. Whilst I understand completely that you are trying to protect the Sillumir and their families, I can say for certain that it sparked extreme distrust and tension between the ‘thill of el’cihi and their guardians. It inspired fear and paranoia; senseless accusations about the conduct and integrity of our own ranks; calls of cowardice for hiding our faces. At the same time, it allowed some Sillumir to resort to excessive and unnecessary force, knowing full well that their hidden identities will mask them from being identified and properly delivered justice. Indeed, the anonymity seemed to create more problems than it solved, as I feel citizens will be more likely to cooperate with those that they know and trust. In this situation, in the midst of this divide and anger, trust and unity are the most important assets in bringing Haelun’or forward through the recent conflagration that is the revolution. The oppression and fear that the Diarchy rules with is gone, it is the past. And so too, should the distrust and animosity that the anonymity produced between el’cihi and its ‘thill. I fear elections will divide people enough, we simply can not afford to keep agitating the already present conflict. Let the past be the past, I say, and the anonymity with it. Now is the time for progress, for new changes, not reverting back to the old.”

“Furthermore, I was present when anonymity after you left was lifted, and the results of said restriction being removed were naught but positive. The Sillumir’s public reputation increased to an all time high, and the distrust and animosity the ‘thill once held to the Sillumir almost completely dissipated. It allowed our forces to bear the consequences of their actions, and start building a connection with the citizens. Additionally, citizens started reporting crimes to those whom they directly knew to be Sillumir, even out of uniform. Cooperation with us during investigations was at an all time high. We were able to solve more investigations and make more arrests because of this trust. And the danger, as you put, to the lives of the Sillumir and their families was ne a concern. In fact, no Sillumir or family of a Sillumir was lost due to targeting at all. And no lives were lost, other than that of Thoras, whom sacrificed himself for the State. That, in turn, allowed us to have a public pyre for his death and to honor him properly. Your concern for the life of the Sillumir and their family, whilst valid, is irrational in the Silver State. I was fortunate enough to be present through both of the phases of the Sillumir, and it is evident that the current public identities are much more effective than masking ourselves behind soulless helmets. The ‘thill deserve to know the identities of their guardians.”

He clasps his hands behind his back, raising a chin to rub his chin for a moment in thought

“The life of the soldier is to bear the weight of the State, so that the ordinary ‘thill doesn’t have to. It is the burden of taking the life of another to defend the state, the burden of enforcing the law and sometimes angering others. I was once told that the soldier, above all others, hopes for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. This burden is something we must embrace publicly as the Sillumir, so the citizens know exactly what price each and every one of us must pay to safeguard their lives, and so that our Weeping Blades have the distinction they deserve of carrying the weight and sins of warfare, to ensure that our citizens do are safe and are not forced to carry such a weight.”

”I will not, nor will I ever embrace anonymity, or accept it as a Sillumir, and I am sure the public appreciates the public identities just the same.”

The elf then turns to Alluin, his sapphire hues warm, but analytical and inquisitive

@Arachne_07

“Alluin, mal’onn, you were an exceptional Sillumir and Div’kinael, and I was privileged to serve with you much in the past. I have no doubts that you would be an excellent Okarir’rir, your experience, history, dedication, and love for el’cihi are certainly obvious and noteworthy. However, this will be a new step for you, and you must ensure that you are present enough to take up the position. You must maintain a reliable and continuous presence in the force, as an absent leader is never truly respected. Furthermore, as a potential new leader, you must demonstrate your ability to effectively lead and make decisions that will impact the outcome of the entire force. You have long since proven your dedication to el’cihi, however you will have the eyes of el’sillumiran and el’cihi upon you, and your every step will be watched closely. Ultimately, however, I feel you very much deserve to be okarir’tir after your complete and uninhibited time in the weeping blades. You have much to prove in terms of leadership abilities, however.”

The elf would nod at both of them, giving warm smiles of encouragement, before soon after taking his seat, eager for the debate to continue

CN1ETV1.png
Then Elaher realised something he read and so he immidiatly stood up
”I must interupt this debate” the elf said while grabbing some really thick books filled with documents “The candidacy of Kaelan is unjustified. The contitution states one must be a citizen to be able to run in elections. And so I have checked the citizen documents and Mister Kaelan is no citizen. And so has no right to be electable.” the elf would state. 

Elrion Visaj

N3IHxrHKWvbA_e18uiwqDWnHVRlUQGOQrcXG06IhC3YwiG_BB7F8YfB1piqCsYlX6ySV8auhhH9jyW7brc7eeZTU4amuPd-PIq7GlFAweFOluL7OTgSc5PCRwefQ46KSQ1JT0XCc

Elrion walks up and raises both hands in the air. “I’m back, baby!” He said, stepping up to get the attention of the others. 

“I am here today to promote myself, Prince of Malinor, Conqueror of Alderyn, Hero of the Re-imposition of Unity, and Previous Okarir’tir, Elrion Visaj. I led and created past Sohaers, I have been a partner to past Maheral, but most of all, I was the best Okarir’tir since the days of the Vigil! Under my leadership, we fought off Fenn and various human nations, and were able to keep our home in elcihi’thilln.” He raised his hands in the air once again, expecting applause.

“I am a father, a warrior, and I was the youngest Okarir’tir who has ever lived. My tactical skills were needed, I even took on other races into a sect of the ‘non-official’ Sillumir, which proved to be very wise in the heat of battle. Many talked badly about my tactics, but in the end we were able to keep the place we call home, and stay unified! I have put the bottle down in place of a sword, and am fully prepared to lead once again. It is my great honor to be here before you today, your vote for me will be perhaps the best choice you have ever made.”

image.thumb.png.23b1890fe220250596f5d8abbead6d34.png

The Maheral pipes up from among the crowd, his head now only barely peeking out from above those of his fellow Mali’thill, “No, no, he was a citizen of many years before – that he is no longer on the ledgers speaks only to the clandestine erasure the once-Council employed to stifle dissent. He may continue in his debate.” He pauses for another second or two before continuing,

“Though let this not serve as an endorsement! You are all arguing so very brilliantly, and in your participation you ALL do your people proud.”