Juli

Sinking Ships [PK]

Posted (edited)

SINKING SHIPS

u8xp4WXN8Glbv6NMTYjRFDSkCbKA41-bPpXfQG1-UPBSA2VnDONFt1a_dsAyiDFVNd0NlWc2zDuR7dwyIQFim-PRNysLemqUXfyK76rS8_H0cxYrlXOrLMDO1MuqslO2YkX0MFz5

The bellowing shouts echoed from the feast hall of Valstadt Castle, followed by hurried steps up a stairwell. Sofiya Baruch paused in front of her children’s room, all five of them huddled close to each other, too occupied to notice their mother peering from the doorway. She stood there taking in the scene before her as her ears filled with their elated laughter. She wrenched herself away, dragging her drained figure towards the stairway.

Petyr walks into the hall appearing exhausted, however, upon seeing Sofiya, he'd immediately jump up,“Ah missed it?!” he'd cry out, approaching her hastily. “Are ‘ey ‘ealthy?” he'd quickly peer into Sofiya's arms to look at the babe. She turned towards her husband, keeping the infant held close to her, “Da, he is. Would you like to hold him?” A smile grew across the new father’s face, “He” he'd repeat as he continued to look at their child before he eagerly held his arms out to take the child, letting him rest carefully in his father’s arms. “Look a' 'im!” he'd try to keep his excited voice down so as to not frighten him, “Eja little Petyr.”

She finished the journey to the attic of the tower, a place she now resided to escape the man she once recognized as her husband. She wandered to her vanity, sitting down in the cushioned chair before reluctantly raising her chin to gaze upon her reflection in the mirror. The person she saw in the looking glass was foreign, her eyes were hollow and empty and her cheek donned a fresh purple bruise with the tang of blood still on her lips.

Sofiya stood across from her husband, heartbreak in her eyes with her hands gliding over her swollen stomach, “That is cruel of you.. To try and turn my own children against me.” Petyr barked back brandishing a bottle in his hand. “Ye did tha’ yerself! Ye don’ ge’ to abandon yer family and ‘en try to weasel yerself back into it.” Sofiya lurched forward, raising her arms to shove her husband’s shoulders. “Why are you so desperately trying to take away the one thing left that brings me joy in life!” She cried out, tears tickling her cheeks as Petyr instinctively swung the bottle up towards Sofiya in retaliation

She let out a shaky breath, raising her arm to wipe away any tears threatening to spill,“Where did I go wrong?” she choked out as her reddened eyes paused on the painting of her family that rested at her desk. She traced her fingers across the rough texture of the canvas, her hand dancing across the familiar visages of her children in the painting. Her body went rigid as she saw the glistening band wrapped around her ring finger. Her fists clenched as her body began to tremble in rage as she swiftly drew the ring from her finger before throwing it towards the mirror above her vanity causing it to shatter to pieces. With heavy breaths she lowered her head, raising her hands to fist into her hair. Her eyes looked to one of the glass shards, the door leading to her balcony in it’s reflection.  

Sofiya raised her voice to her husband as his hand drifted to the stick resting on the table, “You are delusional, Petyr! I would have left by now if it wasn't for the children!” Petyr raised the wooden baton up to hit the side of her head, “Ah wish ye would’ve!” He’d bellow back. Sofiya collapsed against the bookshelf, clutching the side of her head as blood began to ooze from the wound on her scalp. Petyr Baruch panics, his eyes widening a bit after he realized what he did. “D-Do you mean that?” She'd ask, removing her hand from the side of her head to see the red liquid staining her hand.Ah said it, didn' ah?” He'd respond coldly, going to leave the room.

Rising from her seat, Sofiya gave the handle a tug as the door whipped open causing icy winds to burst into her chambers. She took hesitated steps onto the balcony, a place she frequently escaped to for solitude. She paused at the ledge of the balcony, listening to the  inviting waves crashing against the jagged cliffside. She kept her empty gaze out into the horizon as the sun began to kiss the sea at sunset with tears of pain and heartbreak coursing down her cheeks. Moments passed before she drew her final breath with shut eyes and extended her arms out beside her, letting gravity grasp onto her figure and pull her down to the rough waters below.

The soft pitter patter of a child’s feet running across dirt echoed from the gardens outside Valwyck. Isabel Baruch, the youngest of the Baruch children, clambered onto the swing, kicking her legs back and forth while her euphoric giggles rang out. The young girl dug the heels of her boots into the dirt, skidding to a halt as she noticed a figure floating in the gelid waters below. “The eerie richard!” She exclaimed, bouncing off of the swing as she scurried down the steep cliff in excitement to catch a glimpse of the supposed creature. Isabel stopped in her tracks, her heart pounding in utter disbelief as she recognized the floating figure donning the familiar blue dress her mother wore. “M-Mamej… Mamej!?” she called out, her stomach twisting as her cries were only met with silence.

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

Sofiya Aleksandra Baruch

1745 - 1777

4etB32jU-8wWxEIxJ_ai61T2rOJoDqC0rAFDIzRMiTdtwAZzR2RNUjd8w3wdveb5puhy-THqAve_kiifMMEjiMgzHZvTrPhXGpu7tpfBagzvQXXL3vf4LpXF83s4Ngw5JRptodw5

“The sea bows to none”

Spoiler

afc62c16c0db56acfa0c5e960dffb4e1.thumb.jpg.53b8addb158688ba72aa5d5e794cd534.jpg

Edited by Juli

Anastasiya Gant frowned as she gazed down from the seven skies, watching Sofiya’s lifeless body drift across the shore “That Bastard..she deserved so much more..” the woman then folded her arms before taking a deep breath.”At least she is happier now..” she then paused.”Lord have mercy on those children..hopefully one of them does niet join her..”Ana muttered with a small shake of her head before wandered away. Soon a small smile formed on her delicate face before extending her arms outward. “Sofiya! It’s lovely to see you again..I told you, you were going to out live me!” the young woman chortled.”Come come! let me show you a special spot! it’s mine and Alaric’s favorite spot to watch the children play!” Anastasiya then motioned Sofiya to follow, the two then exchanged several laughs as they faded away slowly into the unknown.

Spoiler

AnastasiyaandSofiya.png

Vorion Baruch hears the news as he tends to the storefront on Baruch’s Bees with love and care. His eyes glaze over and he collapses to one knee, eyes gazing to nowhere in particular as he tries to come to terms.

“Oh.. oh GODAN he says, eyes welling up

Henriette Marna de Rafal sat, gaze dour and in deep pondering, as she thought on how the little Lady Isabel would take the news of her mother’s tragic death. The idea of pawing over costume designs for their upcoming recital seemed to drift away for the middle-aged widow, concerned more for the youth she had come to hold fondness for.

It was with great strain that the disillusioned Petyr brought himself outside to see his wife’s body floating in the water. His eyes were bloodshot and droopy as they so often were nowadays, devoid of any real emotion. He’d simply offer a grunt, ordering the body to be retrieved. ”She always was weak, wasn’ she?” He’d speak monotonously, gripping the railing planted at the cliffside. ”Regardless, ah know who drove ‘er to ‘is.” He’d declare to himself, oblivious in his mad mental state to the actuality of the situation, that it was him that caused this. He’d pat the pommel of his blade as it hung on his hip, turning to return inside Valstadt Castle, where the new Duke resided...

Karl stared at the letter he received that told him of the news, tears slowly rolling down his cheeks, seeming to struggle to comprehend what he was reading. After a while, the single word that left his lips was a soft, but sharp "Sorry...”

Emerich dances a jig at the news “Na Na the witch is dead Na NA the witch is dead!!! Juliya! tell the children we’re throwing a party.”

Philip and Viktoriya sit at a table within their residences in the Varoche, where they silently pray together for the Young Baruch. Philip then calls for a servant to send word to his gardener to prepare a shipment of fine Pruvian Roses to be sent to the family in mourning. 

Henrik frowns deeply from the seven skies, disappointed that his daughter Sofiya would take her own life. He pined over it nonetheless. 

Spoiler

dead guy coffin laptop - Caption | Meme Generator

Posted (edited)

Adelaide Myrrh grabbed onto her stomach with one hand and a wall that stood by her with the other for support as she threw up. Although her stomach was now empty, her stomach still churned and an even bigger hole was left in her heart. She slid down the wall, burrowing her face into her palms as she let the water in her eyes run free. She slammed her fists into the cobbled wall and wailed in anguish. With Sofiya’s death, something inside of her sank too. She would protect Isabel, she was sure of that, and she would make Petyr pay, one way or another.

Edited by ErosTea

Angelika Bykov let out a scream as she heard of the tragic incident. She fell to her knees, clasping her hands together in prayer. Through her sobs, she began to mutter prayers. ”Do Thou, O Lord, have mercy on our dearly departed, for the sake of us sinners all who greatly hope and trust in Thee. For Thy mercy can turn bittering weeping to joyous fanfare, for Thou alone judgeth the living and the dead. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord. And may perpetual light shine upon them. Amen.” Angelika repeated the prayers three more times before signing the Lorraine Cross four times. ”Where did I go wrong? What could I have done?”

Rozalina's heart sank as she heard of the news of her mother's death. Regret filled her heart yet also relief that she had been able to apologize to her mother for all the things she had put her through. However this loss would not be easy for the young girl. But she needed to be brave and strong for her other siblings. Especially her precious Isabel. She had to be protected at all cost.

"Mamej... I will protect 'er for vy. Ah promise!"

Posted (edited)

Eirik Baruch learns of Sofiya’s death a handful of days after she was found upon the shores of Valwyck. Eirik took the news well as he found joy in knowing she had finally been rid from this world. Soon after the revelation was made he and his brother, Sigmar rose a drink to celebrate the joyous occasion. 

”I can rest well tonight knowing she is finally rotting in the void where she belongs.”

Edited by Zanthuz

Posted (edited)

Juliya watched from one of the windows in the Gant’s Apartments. The woman would stand completely still, frozen in horror as she saw the lifeless body of her dear Cousin being recovered from the water, torn apart by the waves throwing her against the cliffs beneath Valwyck. The usually composed woman would stumble backwards away from the window and towards one of the tables.  She would slowly sit down as her surroundings would start to spin and her hands would start to shake. After a while she would reach for a bottle of carrion, taking mutiple shots when memories of a happier time would pop into her head. Juliya would remember Sofiya and her playing as young children, dancing at Masquerades and the many balls they attended in their youth. She would remember the time shortly before their weddings and how happy she felt when Sofiya told her, that she was going to join her in Valwyck. Though they left House Vanir behind, they still had a part of their family with them up in the North. Juliya remembered a time of joy and happiness without the burden and pain House Baruch brought into their lives. 

And suddenly anger and regret would occupy her mind. Regret about marrying into House Gant and taking Sofiya with her, exposing her to the vile creature, the Mad Duke, the Wife and Childbeater, the so called husband who made Sofiya and her children feel miserable. The unhonourable son of a harlot who beat his wife with a bottle, whilst she was carrying his child and who, in her eyes, pushed Sofiya over the edge of the balcony himself. ”May Godan be my witness! I will end this Rat.” 

jJ8IAXc.png

R.I.P SOFIYA ALEKSANDRA VANIR

1745-1777

Edited by sirenscall_

Posted (edited)

The aged maid of Valwyck sat in her room for the remainder of the day after hearing news of Sofiya's fate. 

"I am so sorry." She offered to the silent room, "I will watch over them until my last breath."

Edited by Apeena_

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.