A Thesis on Love

rep2k

A Thesis on Love

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Maybe a few months ago, I attended the consecration of Karosgrad and the consecration of the Basilica of the Ascent of Ex. Godfrey. Truly beautiful events to remember forever. However, the Eminence, also my friends, Cardinal Manfried and Bishop Benedict, touched on a very interesting, at the same time extensive topic of love. Both times, a strange thought passed through me, which quietly whispered to me to ask myself a little, what love really is. To be honest, I did not give any concrete answer to the questions asked by the Eminence, which after the event in Providence made me think more deeply about this topic, which can be talked about reasonably.

Carlo_Dolci_-_The_Holy_Family_with_God_t

GOD with his companion of Humble servants, looking at the world

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them. The sentence that I will always say to anyone who is worried about love. Starting to talk about love is similar to painting, or for example writing a composition or a song, there are so many ideas on the subject but again, how to start is a question. Love is a beautiful and pleasant feeling that is present in everyone's life. As long as a person lives, he feels the need to love and be loved, because without love his life would be empty and completely worthless. There is no person without at least a speck of love in his heart, otherwise, it is not a human being.

Rembrandt_-_The_Return_of_the_Prodigal_S

The moment where love reached its climax

We usually love people who are close to us and who surround us, but that is not the only kind of love we can feel. There are other kinds of love that move us and fill our  life. There is love for the homeland, our city and homeland, and many more. The person carries each of these loves deep inside and does not allow anyone to endanger them. But, as beautiful as love may seem, we must remember that love is not always so sweet and beautiful.

Gospel 1:43,44:

43  The first man held GOD with great fear and marvel, and did as he was bid, and rose to the Sixth Sky beneath the throne of the Lord.                                                                                                                                        ‘44  But the first woman loved her children even greater than GOD, and would not leave.

The first woman, a caring mother, did not want to leave her children, her four sons whom she loved more than God, and this angered God. After the fatal decision of the first woman, God showed her all the imperfections in her sons, which made her cry rivers of tears and mourn. She wept because she saw that in fact all things were imperfect before God, forcing her to follow the first man and ascend to the Sixth Sky. It is natural for the mother to act as the first wife did. Motherly love is, in addition to God's love, the greatest treasure of this world that one can possess, and that is why it should be admired and guarded from various evils.

We have touched the beautiful side of love, which, thanks to God and his works, circulates through us all our lives. I mentioned God, who is responsible for us, for our successes and our endeavors, as well as the love we possess and from which we are happy and positive.

Virtue 1:5,6:

‘5   And I have also breathed life into your heart, and the hearts of your children.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ‘6  But the first woman loved her children even greater than GOD, and would not leave.

Does God expect progress from us? Of course. But we are His children and He loves us all equally. I saw a father who had a little crazy son. The boy had a runny nose and he constantly wiped it with his sleeves, but his father hugged him, kissed and caressed him like other children. Thus, God, as the Good Father, loves not only His good children, but also those who are spiritually weak, because of which, of course, he suffers, but he is even more interested in them. No one can even comprehend how much God loves man! His love cannot be compared to anything! She is immeasurable, there are no limits!

It is so great that a man, if he feels even a crumb of so much of His love, cannot bear it and his clay heart melts and melts like mud, because it is clay. Although we humans on this planet cry out for love, we need to remember that God is watching us, and does not want to see us grieve over one foolishness. His love passes through us, his fire of love flows through our veins and burns in our hearts, making us his beloved sons. Although we humans on this planet cry out for love, we need to remember that God is watching us, and does not want to see us grieve over one foolishness. His love passes through us, his fire of love flows through our veins and burns in our hearts, making us his beloved sons. In the most difficult and beautiful times, it is the love of God that warms us, it is the one that pushes us forward even when we are at the full bottom of the pit, and it is the one that tells us that before God we are all the same and that there is no judgment without God.

With this short sentence, I just want to repeat and finish - brothers, sisters, people of this world, never forget the one who raised you when you needed it, never turn against him and against his decision, and most importantly, never to allow God’s crystal of love to cool for you, for the Lord encourages us in every new step and encourages us in every moment.

- Humble Servant,

Father Alfred

Edited by repl1ca

Father Pius of Sutica writes: "Good Father, what you have written here is truly excellent and edifying. It is, however,  singularly unfortunate that there is only one word for love in the Common tongue to express all of these different things. That is where I think the confusion chiefly lies. Love describes so many different things in so many different contexts so as to become almost meaningless to most people. 

For indeed, God is love is a translation of Deus Caritas Est. The word Caritas is whence we get our word charity. The origin of this maxim I believe lies with Exalted Godfrey, who quoted it in his Proverbs (5:1), and used the word Caritas rather than Amor. The Akritian language is yet more refined, differentiating Agape, selfless charity, Eros, romantic love, et. cetera. Caritas, then is similar to this Agape, this selfless giving of the self. 

You see, you used the word "feeling" in relation to love. But in the sense of God being love, it cannot be so, for God does not have human emotions. In addition, some persons are more emotional than others and have more nice feelings, but it does not mean they love more. Additionally, a man's feelings - and especially a woman's - are very prone to change. Does a man having an argument with his wife cease to love her when he is angry with her? He may even be angry with her because he loves her! The feelings of the honeymoon soon fade, but the selfless love of the other ought only to grow. To feel nice feelings for your wife, is excellent and a thing given to us by God, but it belongs to the realm of men, but to love her truly, this belongs to the nature of God. 

Love, then, or, more accurately, CHARITY, is not located in the emotions. Nor is it in the intellect. Our intellect may take delight in the theories of astronomy, but we cannot display this kind of selfless love toward them, because they are made for us, and not we for them, and they have no good of their own except in relation to us, since they are not persons.  It is in the will. The way I define this type of selfless love is this: it is to will the good of the other person. God wills the good of every creature He has made, and therefore, He loves us. The man is angry with his wife because she does some damaging to herself and the children, and he wills what is right and good and virtuous for her. 

I have had to wrestle with this topic myself because I am not a man prone to great emotion. But you can be assured, Father, that I still love you even if I do not feel nice things about you. My inspiration for this letter which I write to you is from the writings of a Judite nun called Clare of Reza, who wrote in Auvergene and Flexio. I plan to translate her Epistles soon and have them published for the benefit of Holy Church.

I remain your humble servant, 

Father Pius, Priestly Fraternity of Saints Jude and Kristoff."

1 hour ago, thesmellypocket said:

Father Pius of Sutica writes: "Good Father, what you have written here is truly excellent and edifying. It is, however,  singularly unfortunate that there is only one word for love in the Common tongue to express all of these different things. That is where I think the confusion chiefly lies. Love describes so many different things in so many different contexts so as to become almost meaningless to most people. 

For indeed, God is love is a translation of Deus Caritas Est. The word Caritas is whence we get our word charity. The origin of this maxim I believe lies with Exalted Godfrey, who quoted it in his Proverbs (5:1), and used the word Caritas rather than Amor. The Akritian language is yet more refined, differentiating Agape, selfless charity, Eros, romantic love, et. cetera. Caritas, then is similar to this Agape, this selfless giving of the self. 

You see, you used the word "feeling" in relation to love. But in the sense of God being love, it cannot be so, for God does not have human emotions. In addition, some persons are more emotional than others and have more nice feelings, but it does not mean they love more. Additionally, a man's feelings - and especially a woman's - are very prone to change. Does a man having an argument with his wife cease to love her when he is angry with her? He may even be angry with her because he loves her! The feelings of the honeymoon soon fade, but the selfless love of the other ought only to grow. To feel nice feelings for your wife, is excellent and a thing given to us by God, but it belongs to the realm of men, but to love her truly, this belongs to the nature of God. 

Love, then, or, more accurately, CHARITY, is not located in the emotions. Nor is it in the intellect. Our intellect may take delight in the theories of astronomy, but we cannot display this kind of selfless love toward them, because they are made for us, and not we for them, and they have no good of their own except in relation to us, since they are not persons.  It is in the will. The way I define this type of selfless love is this: it is to will the good of the other person. God wills the good of every creature He has made, and therefore, He loves us. The man is angry with his wife because she does some damaging to herself and the children, and he wills what is right and good and virtuous for her. 

I have had to wrestle with this topic myself because I am not a man prone to great emotion. But you can be assured, Father, that I still love you even if I do not feel nice things about you. My inspiration for this letter which I write to you is from the writings of a Judite nun called Clare of Reza, who wrote in Auvergene and Flexio. I plan to translate her Epistles soon and have them published for the benefit of Holy Church.

I remain your humble servant, 

Father Pius, Priestly Fraternity of Saints Jude and Kristoff."

Father Alfred of Karosgrad reveals the letter, offering a smile after he finishes reading it. He takes his golden feather and ink sac, starting to write a response: "Dear Brother Pius, through this wonderful, and very pleasant letter, you have shown me some things that I realized late. However, there will always be disagreements on topics such as love, and the like.

No matter what meeting we have, no matter how successful and long it may be, there will always be some contradictory views, but we should not pay attention to that. I am glad that you have read this thesis in its entirety and that you have given your critique. With this, I hereby invite you to visit us in Karosgrad, to discuss some topics and spend our time while we still can.

Godspeed and farewell,

Father Alfred." He closes the letter, offering a chuckle at his last sentence.

Edited by repl1ca