The Encyclopedia of Dwarven Language

_Indy

Oh ****.

This really helps my songwriting. Transitioning between common and dwarven helps btoh give me options for meter and for rhyme. 

On 12/19/2020 at 12:18 PM, _Indy said:

verdig

theres two for this, defence is listed twice. just saying not really a big deal just somthing i noticed

23 hours ago, wilhelm said:

theres two for this, defence is listed twice. just saying not really a big deal just somthing i noticed

Yep! That's by design, dwed has multiple words for saying the same thing, and sometimes one word to describe multiple concepts. It all depends on context and how those words are used within a sentence.

edit: wait lol I see what you mean, my b. Managing all +750 words, theres bound to be a typo in there somewhere. Cheers.

Edited by _Indy

Post has been updated, we recently passed 800 words, which is fantastic. Originally submitted with about 600 words, we're on track (hopefully) to surpass 1,000 by the 1st anniversary of this post. Anyone with word requests or suggestions should contact the team via the Dwarven-Language-Project channel in the official Urguan Discord, or DM me here on the forums.

Hey folks, just a heads up:

The Encyclopedia will be updating to what I'm calling "Version 3" on the 1 Year Anniversary of this post (DEC 19, 2021). V3 will have:

• Massive word expansion (1,000 words total)
  • More grammar examples
  • More special terms
  • a Beta of my Dwed-English auto-translator

The Beta will be a very close-to-the-chest kind of deal, so anyone with inquiries or seeking to help should head over to the Language Project channel, as described below. As always, anyone with word requests, suggestions, or comments should reach out to the Language Project in Urguan's official Discord, or PM me here on the forums.