Islands in the Sky

Nozgoth

Spoiler

E6jCa6wCgbqSLF9bGfsCYVpgZRWI7_Ov_OAbA4qY9f2DY6aOYoVIGxB1907Kb_YqtcTe0G9XqQS3Yn80QR0_WQj0uFF1EXW82wa_NNDB2e7hlCzExYzI03qpvXw339Plsnun1Niz

“Sparkling things, in and out they flash, and sometimes they shoot across! Oh, Stars! What wonder!”

Islands in the Sky

Beneath the night’s sky, there held some great suspense. The air was thick, and without wind, it merely lingered. The trees were heavy, creaking and waning under pressure, and every few intervals they uttered booming moans and snaps. But there was a dense equilibrium to the ambience, as only the stars and moon shone down upon the land.

Then, there walked a figure, shrouded by darkness, through the rarely-trodden meadow. The tall grass and plant stalks grasped at his knees. “Stars…” murmured he with a burdening exhale; the only word he could manage as he passed a tree by.

For the sky was dotted with bright lights, like islands to an ocean, and the moon was their mainland. But hidden behind his visage of wonder, there was lamentation, and sorrowful thoughts. His mind was ill, and in search of reprieve, he spoke to the trees, the stars, the moon, the night… anybody who might listen.

Have I crossed the threshold of no return? What happened to the virtuous youth I once was? These words coursed through his mind, but he carried on, for what hope did he have? What God could save him now? So he would continue on his path, following behind his predecessors like ants in a line, and FATE was his Queen.

It was then up to the islands in the sky to align… 

“The stars are sure beautiful tonight, I wonder what they look like up close. It must be beautiful.” Alyssa commented towards herself with a humble tone while they sat on the shores of the far west. The ‘aheral questioned many things but only one thought stood out from the rest in her empty skull. Can one touch the stars or will they burn trying?