JUDE

MRCHENN

tumblr_mwottd3CCG1qflgwpo4_1280.jpg

[!]

Within the skies sat a man, elderly yet not grey in hair or years whom sat upon a chair a tome in hand and around him several monastics of the fraternal order of SS. Jude and Kristoff. The grouping sat laughing, sipping on fine vintage, and enjoying the company of one another. As the missive was written, Jude paused within the commotion and closed his eyes, smaller pools forming in the corners of such as he took a moment for prayer, dwelling upon the works of the man. Soon, a hand met his shoulder, that of one of the individuals mentioned in the fable as well. Yet another Saintly figure stood before him, and with a brief chuckle, so did they return to their jovial celebrations and debates on simple things whilst enjoying the embrace of GOD, celebrating his glory through mere presence and joy with one another. The group as close as they were in life. The fable of his time on earth, now appreciated in the place he once wept over to obtain.

An excerpt of letter one-hundred and twenty-seven, a correspondence between Cardinal Providentia and Cardinal Buron

"... And personally, while I do find that the woman was quite bizarre, I held my position in calling her a wench. Also, your idea you snatched from me about writing about our patron St. Jude is quite vexing. I was under the assumption I was to write a piece, and you were to read it! Verily, I say, you are a terrible and wicked man! However, as I am a saint myself, I forgive you! -- I am so proud of you, Vinzant. From my acolyte to a Cardinal! The FSSCT brings truly blessed men into the ranks of the Holy Mother Church. However, regarding that wench of a woman, I further called her..."

The letter continued on from there, being sent alongside a commentary of the Proverbs of Ex. Godfrey written by St. Jude.

Shortly after the publishing of Cardinal Buron's dialogue, a prayer card with an image of SS. Kristoff and Jude finds itself posted in many an Orenian household. "Look down from heaven, Holy Father, from the loftiness of that mountain to the lowliness of this valley; from that harbour of quietness and tranquillity to this calamitous sea. And now that the darkness of this world hinders no more those benignant eyes of thine from looking clearly into all things, look down and visit, O most diligent keeper, this vineyard which thy right hand planted with so much labour, anxiety and peril. To thee then we fly; from thee we seek for aid; to thee we give our whole selves unreservedly. Thee we adopt as our patron and defender; undertake the cause of our salvation, protect thy clients. To thee we appeal as our leader; rule thine army fighting against the assaults of the devil. To thee, kindest of rulers, we give up the rudder of our lives; steer this little ship of thine, and, placed as thou art on high, keep us off all the rocks of evil desires, that with thee for our pilot and guide, we may safely come to the port of eternal bliss. Amen." It is published under the name "Traditional Prayer to St. Jude, Attributed to Pius of Sutica, FSSCT. Imprimatur Cardinal Gawain, Bishop of Providentia, FSSCT. 1823."

26th September – Ss Cosmas & Damian, Martyrs. | Fr Morty O'Shea

Edited by thesmellypocket