[✗] [CA Race] Nephilim - Lesser Dragonkin + Herald Addition (Spoon Patch 1.6.28.8)

ronin_champloo

our savior has arrived 

Ehhhh. That's pretty neat. 

Well, we're getting there, slowly but surely. 

Spoons didn't pass me $50 or anything. 

483c3c8663ba92a2d30d29d9a6f27d73.gif

It's quicccccck.

Edited by _Sug

11 hours ago, Kneeil said:

To preface this, should this rewrite get accepted - I'd like for the current TA holders to be wiped and restarted. New TA holders will be me, Milenkhov and EXCITEDLY.

Hm.

11 hours ago, Kneeil said:

This also means that they’re not able to shift to a race that’s too abstract for them; a Human cannot shift onto an Orc, etc

I think some clarification is in order here or this sentence should be entirely be removed. Azdrazi are no longer their original race upon being ascended to that of an Azdrazi. A human is not longer a human, but an Azdrazi, so it doesn't really make sense why being a former human affects shifting into an Orc-- unless I read it wrong?

3 hours ago, JoanOfArc said:

Hm.

The reasoning behind this is the current state of the Nephilim. After the TA was gatekept behind an unnamed individual - everyone and everything was controlled by him, forcing us to follow and essentially become his poopslaves. Now he's gone, I believe that the only person who has a TA is Azdromoth - and the two who are planned to have one are Milenkhov and Werew0lf. I spoke to Werew0lf about this, and he was fine with the TA wipe. EXCITEDLY was one of the original lore-writers who helped me in this write-up, I was someone who worked on this and Milenkhov was another who aided us during the end - hence why I've been inclined to chose them as the TA holders.

3 hours ago, JoanOfArc said:

I think some clarification is in order here or this sentence should be entirely be removed. Azdrazi are no longer their original race upon being ascended to that of an Azdrazi. A human is not longer a human, but an Azdrazi, so it doesn't really make sense why being a former human affects shifting into an Orc-- unless I read it wrong?

Nephilim and Polymorphing were never meant to be a 'identity of the week' ability, as the community had decided - there was a bunch of issues with the shapeshifting capabilities that it had, and how it could easily be abused. All of the clarifications and edits that I have written are made to regulate, clarify and nerf it to a workable state.

What me and EXCITEDLY have decided is that Polymorphing doesn't change your appearance outright, it only allows you to change your hair colour, skintone, eyes, ears and body - body structure and facial features remain the same. It's not meant to allow the Nephilim to RP in many areas but rather allow them a method to rid themselves of their horns and scales, etc. However, I didn't want to screw anyone over hence why I've attempted to comprise onto a middle-gap - being that of the 'one active polymorph' redline.

I understand that some may be angry or peaved off by this change, but it's a needed one that all the ST - alongside me and EXCITEDLY - have decided in order to rein in its capabilities.

Thank you for addressing your concerns, and my discord is kneeil#1694 if you'd like to speak about it more in length.

HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLe IF THIS AINT THE BEST POST IVEVER SEEN WOOOOOOOOOOoooOOOOOO

Edited by TheTri

Very happy to see corruption expanded on since the last write! You've made a cool idea and fleshed it out very well. Good job!

4 minutes ago, JustGrim said:

Very happy to see corruption expanded on since the last write! You've made a cool idea and fleshed it out very well. Good job!

Thank you, I had wanted to make Nephilim count as a 'draconic' sacrifice for the ritual to make an Arch-Lich for Necromancy - for conflict and interaction between the two groups - however, I was told by Joel that they're counted as lesser draconic beings and thus couldn't be. Perhaps in the future if the two communities want it. 

2 minutes ago, Kneeil said:

Thank you, I had wanted to make Nephilim count as a 'draconic' sacrifice for the ritual to make an Arch-Lich for Necromancy - for conflict and interaction between the two groups - however, I was told by Joel that they're counted as lesser draconic beings and thus couldn't be. Perhaps in the future if the two communities want it. 

Would be great to have some conflict between the two groups in the future! Hopefully something like that could come into fruition to bring both magics more activity.

11 minutes ago, JustGrim said:

Would be great to have some conflict between the two groups in the future! Hopefully something like that could come into fruition to bring both magics more activity.

Of course, it'd be an interesting and meaningful method to PK or progress narrative. I'll have to talk to Squak or Joel about this it'll be ever be possible.

քʟɛǟֆɛ ɢօɖ ʟɛȶ օʊʀ ƈʀɛǟȶɨօռ ɖɨɛ

Despite the fact that the very name Azdrazi brings me physical pain to read, I'm rather partial to this. Still preferential to the idea of polymorphing being entirely removed excepting the transition between ones' descendant guise and their true body, but I think the way you handle it is as close to (my) original vision of Azdrazi as it has came in a long time.

Also please God remove this cringe "Hoard Mentality" thing. The blame for that one falls on the DARK TIMES. Good job other than that, don't see any stand out problems after a twice over.

Edited by Ambduscias

still waiting for my CREDIT bro ,,,

9 hours ago, Ambduscias said:

Despite the fact that the very name Azdrazi brings me physical pain to read, I'm rather partial to this. Still preferential to the idea of polymorphing being entirely removed excepting the transition between ones' descendant guise and their true body, but I think the way you handle it is as close to (my) original vision of Azdrazi as it has came in a long time.

Thanks for the advice and feedback! - I wanted to do that as well at first, but at this point; there's too many Nephilim players who play multiple 'characters' due to the Polymorph, meaning that I'd have to mess over the community for that which is something I didn't want to do. I hope my comprise, being that of only one active 'identity' suffices for now.

9 hours ago, Ambduscias said:

Also please God remove this cringe "Hoard Mentality" thing. The blame for that one falls on the DARK TIMES. Good job other than that, don't see any stand out problems after a twice over.

I'll discuss this with the community, and if they'd like it. I can talk to Squak or Joel about removing this should it already be in mag. Thank you for your feedback!