A Call to Rats

Security_

Spoiler

Photo credit to Chang-Wei Chen :)

lbYeb6VDuOl861Ai9kSXnb-M0sw79Mc6K_9-_KITvRapstkNMOekOeIA4ZpB5wU6D2ZM2ij_UuRSl8VkxNR57MQ5h7UGytP9zqK4uZK7e4xLw3U_WMeMerbcUXO-E8LqgDp4gHB6=s0

*Missives are found in the deepest of gutters within the human nations, among the scattered notes of thieves and madmen. Others are delivered to individuals by rat couriers.*

To all displaced of Wick-kin,

I, the mighty and benevolent head of the Hexicanum, Svi’al Fanla-Brool, do hereby invite all within the family of Wick to join me in my halls. For too long have the once greatest Haeseni minds stagnated under the toiling brought unto you by another forgotten King. A home I offer, to any requiring room, study, or simply company as the walls of the Hexicanum are open for all. Its great spires sit upon a hill, not too far east from the river which splits the Duchy of Vasoyevi where my sentinels of stone domineer over the land. It is quite impossible to miss.

I await your arrival,

Protectorate of the Dual Spires of the Hexicanum, Duke of Dust, Last Heir to the Embermoor Throne, Herald of Hermits, Archmage Svi’al Fanla-Brool.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/773603594850533409/773605983784140871/image0.png

In some dark and loathsome crypt, a certain Wick clutches the letter in thin and boney fingers, the delivery rat chittering nearby. In the dim light, a smile would be seen to curl at the corners of her lips.

"A family reunion. Perfect."

And from there a wicked cackle did bounce across the stone walls of her sanctuary.

Corbin accepts the invitation from his resting place somewhere in the beyond, assuming this is a sign for him to wake up.

An aging woman would be seen shuffling through piles of letters before spotting one, thus plucking it from the mound. the princess began to open the envelope, before reading the message inside. "Petyr." She beckoned gently, before showing him the paper. "perhaps, we should pay a visit. it's been a while since we've seen our family. . . "

A ravenous rat creature, stinking maw dripping with fresh blood pauses over his feast, pilfering the pockets of the destitute beggar he had just been eating from. He finds an old button, some lint, something that could be old cured meat or just moldy leather, and this grubby note calling all the candle-kin. Chewing the thought over whilst chewing on the old meat leather he comes to a conclusion. "Yes yes I must pack my bags at once, gather my rags and riches, though I see see that wretched idiot often enough as it is."

A mali'ker finds in his possession a note, he glances over it slightly, about to discard it before he sees the name of the author, "Svi'al..." Suddenly the name reenters his consciousness in its true form. He clenches his fist tightly crumpling the paper. He looks onwards down the street in anger.

"Oh, look dearie, a vacation!" Konstantin calls to Alexandria @UnBaed.

3 hours ago, Xarkly said:

"Oh, look dearie, a vacation!" Konstantin calls to Alexandria @UnBaed.

"I've already packed your swimsuit, darling!  Don't forget your cream for that rash," Alexandria called back to her husband, perhaps a touch too loudly as her words caught the attention of a few servants passing by their door in the Haeseni palace.