A Cutting of Ties

searose143

[!] As the sun just barely breaks the horizon, a quick brown owl can be seen fluttering into the Vale of Nevaehlen. At the square and in the Sirame Seed hall, the bird drops a few pieces of slightly yellowed parchment with loopy, slanted handwriting neatly scrawled across it to form a brief note.

"My lliran, my family, my fellow citizens of this Vale:

The bonds of family, as many say, are unbreakable. Perhaps this is true; even when the same blood does not run through our veins, it often seems so. We share everything - our culture, our stories, our history, our home, and for us Sirame, the emerald-colored ink that marks our skin. Yet there comes a time when one proves themself unworthy of sharing those things.

As many of you know, Leihana, formerly the Mandragora Druid, has been Unattuned. Furthermore, she has been Shunned from the Grove. 

The most basic job of a Druid - or anyone practicing our sacred culture - is to respect Nature. To be not only Unattuned, but also shunned proves that one has severely failed this job. They have failed this job and failed to show effort to follow this culture. A Sirame sets an example for how one lives by these ancient practices. This is simply not how a Sirame acts.

My heart grows heavier as I write these words. As I journey through the wilds conducting research, I work to revitalize parts of the sacred Mali'ame culture. These are the duties of a member of this family, the Sirame. This former Druid has disrespected this culture, this family, and the Aspects themselves. For this reason, I must cut ties between this Seed and Leihana. She is not worthy of the respect of the Sirame or the Green Dragon Spirit, Taynei'hiylu.

This is a message of sadness and perhaps of discord. It is also a necessary one. One of the most beautiful parts of the culture of the Mali'ame is its vibrance and freedom. Yet there are rules and expectations that we must follow. To those who follow those guidelines set by our ancestors, our circles, our families, the Aspects - I wish you nothing but warmth, peace, and blessings of the forest.

Ahernal ito, and may the forest forever stay within your hearts.

~Aedrie Sirame, the Iris Druid and Chieftess of the Sirame."

A bunch of violet iris flowers rests beside the papers set in the Sirame hall. A tiny scrap of paper lays beside them, with little writing:

"Would someone read this out loud to Mordun, please? Ahernan. I love you all very much, and my return shall be coming up very soon... I may bring back some treasures of the forest for you, my family. Ahernal ito. ~Iris."

~

@Carson

The pale druid that belonged to the north would happen upon the notice from their room from the hall of the seed, the fateful day when Mandragora had her change of heart. The request for help and the turmoil that followed within nature's song. They down a swig of the strongest mead they had in hand and set the note down, rubbing their eyes and staring at the fireplace within their home, sinking back into the plush seat with a sigh.

..Were they worthy of the knowledge that came
with the favor?

In a far off, desolate shore, the ex-Druid sits unaware of this development. Despite the agony that wracks her soul, and the pain of that severed connection, she does not regret her actions. Her eyes dance along the waves, and the figures shimmering in and out of existence -- barely corporeal, just seen in her periphery.

A large woman trudged through the stump. She paused a moment to glance at the odd note, smiling at the sight of the flowers. "Aedrie eh? Hope she's enjoyin' her wanderin's. Can't wait t' see her." Her mood lifted, the 'ker left the hollow stump whistling cheerily to go about her day.

10 hours ago, DragonofTaters said:

A large woman trudged through the stump. She paused a moment to glance at the odd note, smiling at the sight of the flowers. "Aedrie eh? Hope she's enjoyin' her wanderin's. Can't wait t' see her." Her mood lifted, the 'ker left the hollow stump whistling cheerily to go about her day.

Seeing the note in passing, Valmuel read its contents and sighed softly at the news. Seeing the last lines on the additional scrap made him smile some at least. Reading it all again to refresh the message in his mind, he then headed off to find Mordun and pass the message along to her.