A Call to Learn (taking a break)

Apotolofo

[!] A missive is hung near the bottom of the Elysium notice board.

Dearest Friends,

A dream came to me one night, perhaps more like a vision. I was taken back to the time I first walked the void, my friend and now teacher guiding me through it. And in this dream I finally saw what he saw. In the moments I stayed in the void, it smiled as it sensed my presence, and it was pleased. It calls me to learn, to embrace what I know now is my purpose. The pursuit of knowledge and magic. 

My eyes flew open as I awoke, and from my bed I rose to pack my things. Few items I take with me, and they are these. My quill and paper, to write these letters; A set of daggers and my bow, to protect myself from possible danger; A cloak of many pockets, to keep me warm; A focus crystal to guide my knowledge; and lastly my satchel of herbs and medical supplies, for myself or anyone I come across that may be injured. I write this to ensure a few of my friends do not worry about my wellbeing. They know who they are. 

In my pursuit of knowledge, I may not return for many years. But I promise that I will one day, and I will return with knowledge tenfold of what I know now. 

See you soon,

.bedtime = stories !

Aech Amberace Solros

Chancellor of Magic

[!] To a certain few a copy of this missive is sent, along with a letter. 

[!] A letter arrives by bird for Rina d'Avre.

Spoiler

Dear Rina, 

I know this is sudden and for that, I apologize. I'm sorry I can't be there for your trial but know that no matter the outcome, you can always find an ally in me. I'll leave you with a few words of wisdom.

Lle is not your enemy, Rina. She truly wishes to understand you. I don't know if Locke will ever make her peace with you, or me for that matter, but Lle I think you would like. She's headstrong, brave, and quite brutally honest. I truly think that you would get along. Just... try and give her a chance. 

Please try to remember there will always be people in your corner, and you are never alone. Corvus, Emerald, and myself to name a few. I might not be there physically, but I will respond to any letters you send me. 

I love you, Rina. Like a friend and like a daughter. And I'll miss you. Tell Emerald I'll miss her too, I haven't got the time to write her a personal letter. And Vunlea too, let her know that I love her very much. I trust you will protect her just as you protect me. 

Safe and Sound,

Aech

[!] A letter arrives in the post for Emerald Ferinn Guenevere, Frisket Monet-Vanari and Aylin de Astrea. 

Spoiler

To my dear friends and associates, 

I won't be able to fulfill my duties for a while, the extent of which I do not know. 

Frisket and Emerald, I trust that the Elysium Post office needs not my assistance. And I trust that the clinic will also be fine. Take care, the two of you, and take it easy. Remember that you are always able to send me a letter. My birds scatter the city, they will know where I am. 

Aylin, I apologize sincerely that I will be unable to tend to my responsibilities as Chancellor of Magic in person. But send me a letter with anything you ask of me to do, and I will respond as soon as possible with my view on it. Try to remember that you have so many brothers and sisters by your side who are more than happy to assist you. Whether that be emotionally or politically. 

Missing you already,

Aech Amberace Solros

[!] A letter arrives by bird for Corvus. 

Spoiler

Hello Dearest,

And I know what you're going to say! And I'm sorry. I know we planned to have our wedding soon, but I must seek this knowledge. I think I'll be missing you the most. Please do send me letters, telling me about all the different shenanigans Rina gets into. You always manage to make me smile. 

You know that I'm awful with words, so the best I can say is... I love you. I love you, I love you, I love you. 

I carry my ring with me, and every night as I walk the roads at midnight I will use it as my light. Please take care of Rina, I don't know if she will understand. When I return, however, I expect you to have the wedding plans finished. 

I'm joking, of course.... kind of. 

Love,

Aech 

[!] A letter rests on Sulieronn Ashwood Solros' desk.

Spoiler

Sul, my teacher and dear friend, 

I'm good at picking locks. You might have noticed.

You were right, you know. The void calls to me, I've seen it now. I roam the roads and mountains, visiting all the places of voidal magic and knowledge I can find. To you alone, I tell you where I go. I hope to continue our lessons, even if I am far from home. Whether it be by letters or face to face, I won't ask you to travel across Almaris for me. 

Do take care,

Aech 

[!] A letter arrives for Amethyst Vanari and Lle (OOC: I forgot the last name and I can't find it oml I'm so sorry) by post.  

Spoiler

Dearest Ame and Lle, 

In the past few months, I've become so much closer with you two than I had ever dreamed. I consider you both some of my dearest friends, and I hope that when I return we can still be. 

Rina may come off as mean, or difficult, but truly underneath all the 'tough girl' act, she has a good heart. I regret to say that a lot of the recent trouble that has happened was simply because she felt the need to defend me. Don't tell her this, but perhaps if I am gone for a bit she might cool down. 

You are always free to send me letters, and in fact, I look forward to any that I may receive! Take it easy, you two. Especially you, Ame. You seem... sad, and tired recently. 

Lle, please tell Locke that I truly wish to make peace with her. I wish to apologize to her face to face one day, but I also hope to receive one in return. 

I'll miss you two. 

Hugs,

Aech

OOC:

Hey friends! I've been going through quite a bit oocly, and its gotten really chaotic. Lotc used to be a way for me to destress and relax, but recently its gotten to the point where I dread getting online. And it shouldn't be like that, ever. 

I'm going to be taking a break for at least a few weeks, though I may get on for short periods of time to learn magic on my personas. Love y'all!

When I get back on, if I do, I think I will make a point that I wish to not rp any sort of overly emotional RP. Because the truth is, I am not my character. I am not Aech. She is not an extention of myself, they are a character I have written and played out. There has been some rp I have gotten involved in that was about depression and self harm, and honestly I can't handle that ish. I didn't want to rp Aech saying "woah don't talk to me about that" because that isn't what they would do. They are mentally strong and healthy, but... I'm not. And that's okay. I hope to be more like Aech one day, able to help people that are struggling and be strong through my own problems!

Long story short, I will be setting up boundaries. I'll still be on discord, so feel free to message me saying hi! I really wish I didn't have to say this, but I want to remind some people that I am not your therapist. I am not anyone's therapist. If you are feeling suicidal, please contact a counselor, your parents or a hotline. Because again, I cannot handle that. 

This was very quickly made, so it isn't the prettiest forum post, but ya know what! I don't care! XD. Anyhow, take it easy guys, gals and non-binary pals!

Peace out! (for now)

Frisket looked out towards the sea, as she reached the shore of the western hemisphere, she stared, as she saw small ships pass by, she smelled the seas salty winds, as she felt at peace, only to read the missive of Aech

"Another one?"  She says, as she soon read the missive and read the letter soon attached to it "Ah...… aechs, even if we have our differences, I still hold you as an Ally, It does pain to see a friend leave.....I will dearly miss you, and your wonderous presence in the City, I wish you the best of luck. May the odds be in your favor Amiga"

Lle briefly hugs the note to her chest after reading it, sitting in bed and sifting through paperwork, letters, and other miscellaneous tasks that night. "Oh...I'll miss them. Honestly surprised they see me as such a close friend...I guess I didn't realize just how much Aech cares," Lle murmurs to herself, then going to stand up and head to her desk to scribble a reply.