Fraternal Society of Saint Wilfriche

rep2k

FRATERNAL SOCIETY OF SAINT WILFRICHE

Fraternitas Sacerdotalis Santi Wilfrichi | Svešteničko Bratstvo Svetog Vilfriha | Sarnuvojshk Orsund Sant Wilfrik

Est. 413 ES

Y9Re_blNDAwcqf8RfXJKGhIux5gMmZ0pEZCPbBNMAd0Al2EvxASjhLPcvRKRNv2vzfP9jfKcSG5zzmnb85YckaBti-23bsl_s2P6k7JmUbfdKNm3KZC0239ixURrxgzM_HERZ_OS

“And no place is forbidden to those perfected in the eyes of God, for the wicked are vanquished forever.”

-Aus. 3:10

Who We Are

“O Dark is the road I trek,

For in it lingers shame and pudency.

But in me is Godan,

And through Godan I persist,

And by faith in Godan,

I shall not falter.”

-    Prayer of Saint Wilfriche   

DREiRZZEvAccEUoUuX-VjV9f281so8IvFOxiwZnp1tNU0yoJZH9Yfm_dmsEyc0WLVD40NP_wtg8dGusWhH2khL_FfXH0Y5Lu4NckwWnwrobHSV5heM42RR29QMX8xKZKIVDjATHu

The Fraternal Society of Saint Wilfriche (FSSW) is a monastic institution established in the year 413 ES. Dedicated to the promulgation of traditional Canonist teachings of the Church Fathers and Saints, the society strives to serve Godan through repentance, prayer, and righteous service.

The Fraternity has chosen Saint Wilfriche as their patron in order to stress the importance of their mission, filial love, and loyalty to the traditional dogma and doctrines of the Canonist Church. Through striving to live as the Martyr of Hanseti, brothers of the society seek to emulate both courage in the wake of temptation and faith in the love and benevolence of Godan.

Our Mission

I - Repentance and Glorification of Godan

“So I find that you seek power in wrath, but there is no power like unto God’s. For he is the Most Merciful, the Most Powerful, and even the thousand petty wraths of the spirits do not overcome His mercy.”

-Spt. 5:13-14

“The Lord is merciful, and waits for our penance.”

-Gsp. 6:45

“But to God I search for penance, and repentance, to make Him my only help.”

-God. 1:3

II - Missionaries and Teachers

“Behave in church so that people might know Whose house it is; treat the Altar so that they might know Who dwells there.”

-Max. 5:8

“The story of Horen tells us that a life in obedience to God is not meant to be easy. It is a juxtaposition as seen in many prolific examples of the Scrolls that we have just explored. Obedience to Godan must be the unconditional acceptance of the divine will, a denial and chastisement of the self in all world desires in such a way that transfigures us as herald of the truth. “

-Fr. Benedict Alimar, ‘Horen of Gamesh’

III - Apologetics and Theology

“Reason and science is born from the bosom of the Supreme Being; Godan Himself speaks in the tongue of Logic, to which our actions also speak. Once we understand this Logic in bare truth, the words of the Canon reveal their secret meanings, unlocking from it the chained learning obscured by the ignorant.”

-Fr. Otto the Tarcharman, ‘On God and Creation: Principles of Causation and Singularity’

IV - Active Involvement in the Community

"I am the active in deeds, whom they reared for him before my Father; And I perceived myself, that my stature grew according to my labors."

-Owyn 5:12-13

“He has not created thee for naught. Thou shalt do good; do His work.”

-Max. 1:17

Discernment of Vocation

'“I felt myself ascending suddenly ... I no longer felt anything at all. I looked down and saw my quivering, mortal form upon the floor of the basement, pooled with crimson. Strangely I felt no unhappiness or discomfort. No- rather I felt a feeling of elation and happiness. I floated further and further upward, into the sky. Past the sky, as the churches and apartments and shining palaces of Kaldonia disappeared underneath me. The light slowly faded from my vision, and it was as if I was a child, floating within a vast womb. Darkness was everywhere. All of a sudden a white, pure light winked into existence, calling me. I floated towards it, drawn to its irresistible clarion call. As I was about to enter, Two pairs of hands grabbed me, stopping me from entering. I fought against the hands, but they gentled me, and I turned to see two aenguls. They had one pair of wings each, so they were minor, not yet having earned more pairs of wings. One was blond of the purest honey, the other’s hair like polished silver. It was the only difference between the two. The blonde spoke first.

“Halt your struggle, Cordal Winter. It is not your time yet. [What you have is a] different purpose.” Of course, I was greatly confused. The silver haired one then spoke in an equally melodious voice.

“Our Creator has set to you a task- you must gaze upon the glories of the Seven Skies, and bring His message to the mortals He so cares for.” My mind whirled.

“Why has He chosen me, a lowly man, for this great task?”

The aengul responded, “It is not yours to question your Creator.”’

-HP Daniel II, Paradisius

Hierarchy

Fraternal Society of Saint Wilfriche maintains a simple hierarchy, its members believing it to be unnecessary to have a large number of positions to be governed or have an acting leader in the first place, believing strongly in equality among all of the Fraternity's members. Everything that concerns them, be it decisions, judgement, or otherwise the solving of problems such as internal disputes is contemplated on and solved together by means of unanimous voting. To oversee this voting, as well as life in the Fraternity as a whole, they elect an Hegumen from amongst their own to serve as the chairman of the Fraternity and serve as such as primus inter pares. As such, the Hierarchy of the Fraternity goes as follows:

kUiBPZcqJsKQJ4jYl1uN_kiEJFZjJwcJ56tVTRxWNIY9Lq8MAnXIjjFhJbOPBSd-qN2FUxIevNKfEHRxLMMY_qsNQEwM7MwmEfLM0s_XKizzCCZXIDl206JCL8BgrxInxKBLNuVY

Hegumen - The Hegumen is the elected chairman of the Fraternity who oversees the life inside the Fraternity by means of taking care of spiritual and everyday tasks such as the maintenance of the monastery and its sacred objects. He serves as chairman as primus inter pares, or the first among equals, and in effect has the same rights as all other monks do.

Hieromonk - A monk of the Fraternity whose position is below Hegumen, but has the similar duties as an ordinary monk.

Monk - A member of the Fraternity who is dedicated to Godan and duties through monastic life.

Life in Our Fraternity

With the development of monasticism in the Holy Mother Church came a peculiar way of life, the origins and inspiration of which was based on the Canonist ideals of servitude to Godan and perfection. Life in the Fraternity is based on the identification of perfection with world-denying asceticism and on the view that the perfect Canonist life is centred around perfect servitude to Godan. Life in the Fraternity is one of ora et labora, prayer and work, where the monks do what every Canonist should try and do: to live according to Godan's commandments as best they can. 

m4Zt4-pvTerKG7-7NCloFtMBFUYWstT028fOl3WVmJF9kkyE2Ibx8LEba6G-Nt35pkkipzda93iagwHYFsB8PBUehGLEiXh9PlUTAiQtt5rtuYe1DcpUrbGa-RgB1uiK_UvHCd5M

The monks of this Fraternity adhere to strict principles. They renounce all the goods of the earthly life and surrender one's body and soul to Godan and live their lives in servitude to Him, and Him only. Further principles to which they adhere are:

Brothers Only

The beauties and treasures of the earthly world, such as the beauty of a woman, extend far, which is good on one hand, but bad on the other when such leads to temptation. Since the dawn of monasticism, it has been established firmly that all monks ought to reject what the rest of the world is accustomed to in order to please Godan through personal sacrifice.

Following the precedent set by Holy Tradition, the Fraternity of Saint Wilfriche is acceptive of men only to become members of the Fraternity, and even pay a visit to its property.

Rebirth

Upon entering the Fraternity, each monk who takes the initiation oath takes on a new name, such representing the rebirth of the soul and body in the eyes of Godan. It is required of all monks that they adopt a name of blessed origin, such as that of a Saint, Blessed or Venerated person, who is from thereon likewise dubbed their patron.

Spiritual Discipline

Being born as a man confronts us with temptations and sins that are against the words of Godan. When a person begins to repent, confess and cry because of his sins, he then receives the first experiences of Godan's Grace. These experiences are, first of all, tears of repentance that fill the soul with inexpressible joy, and then, deep peace that enters the soul.

Love of the Canonists for Godan continues to increase, new tears come, but this time more sublime, tears of love for Godan, tears of Divine love. These are no longer tears shed because of sin, because man is now sure that Godan has forgiven his sins for which he repented. These different tears - tears that bring more sublime bliss, joy and peace to the soul - are a sign of a more perfect experience of worship. 

All this, of course, does not happen all at once. Canonists must fight all their lives to gradually obtain the Grace of Godan in the Church, to - through humility, through repentance, through prayer - gain holiness and deification. These principles guide our Fraternity, which show that the surrender of the soul to Godan is an act that opens the door to the eternal beauty of Godan's will, which is manifested through all that is stated in this text, through what actually makes us true believers.

Path To Salvation

“Man, as an individual, turns to God alone, whether he repents or praises him, while in the Holy Walking, people as a collective go the way of God, the way predestined for them.”

-HP Tylos I, ‘Holy Walk - A path of God’

To go in the right way means to go in Godan's way. By listening to the words of Godan, man gets a reason to step forward, spreading His will into unknown spaces where the light of Godan hasn’t shined yet. The goal of the Fraternity is to spread the Holy Will of His, which means the surrender of the soul to Godan, and most often this way of service towards our Lord is reflected in Holy Walks or pilgrimages throughout the Canondom.

Churches, monasteries and shrines are one of the many destinations that pilgrims eagerly visit and pray at, both for the salvation from Godan and for the health of those who travel and who set out on this Holy Way.

mpZEK1K3_sd_Z6bSQweZyOrqv-9C0BohXRxu75UoA7Cpw1Hrfo8Qi2E4Vgvib_ux9B_7xTxCQsldCcxxrzEURnbIKG9h7JRDt4sxZpncvHhjZBlMFHIzb3ZiEe3uMMltnwfWClqF

In the last few years, the number of pilgrims has increased significantly, which happily confirms the presence of Godan among the faithful people of all Canondom. Because of this, the Fraternity has pulled out some of the more important locations, out of many others as important as these, that pilgrims should visit during their journey:

• Grave of the Exalted Sigismund, Basilica of St. Henrikev, Kingdom of Haense,

• Holy Walk to all the shrines within Kingdom of Haense,

• Reliquary of the Basilica of Blessed George of Leuvaarden, Principality of Savoy,

• Shrine of St. Lucien of Ulmsbottom, Principality of Savoy,

Following a tradition dating back to the old Raev, it is customary and obligatory to carry relics of notable figures during pilgrimages, which are laid from place to place during prayers and the Holy Sacraments.

Appendix - Note of Abbreviations and Bibliography

The Canon Scrolls

Vrt. - Scroll of Virtue

Spt. - Scroll of Spirit

Gsp. - Scroll of Gospel

Aus. - Scroll of Auspice

The Deuterocanon

Owyn - Hymn of Owyn and the Pearl

God. - Proverbs of Godfrey

Max. - Scroll of Maxims

Other Sources

Tylos I, High Pontiff. Holy Walk - A path of God. Karosgrad, 363 ES. Print. [Link]

Alimar, Benedict (Georg). Horen of Gamesh: A Theology of Prophetic Obedience. New Reza, 339 ES. Print. [Link] @Piov

Barclay, Ailred. On Membership of the Church and Necessity Thereof. Karosgrad, 350 ES. Print. [Link] @argonian

Barrow, Otto. On God and Creation: Principles of Causation and Singularity. Helena, 308 ES. Print. [Link] @yopplwasupxxx

Daniel II, High Pontiff. Cordal’s Paradise. Reza: Hieromar Ludovar, 273 ES. Reprint. [Link] @Watyll

Spoiler

OOC:

While we wait for the fraternity place to be built,

whoever wishes to take part in this can DM me right away.

rep2k#4690

Also, big thanks to @yopplwasupxxx for allowing this wonderful thing to exist,

credits to him for letting me finish this and writing it together.

Famous and infamous frat boy partier, Winchester, would look over the missive, wondering why 'chicks' weren’t invited to this 'bussin' ragger, before pondering if they'd even let him shotgun beers and sleep on the couch after the mad party.