A Belt of Twine and Ivy

A Belt of Twine and Ivy

Holy Matrimony of Iulius Vernhart and Madeline Rose

17th of Julia and Piov, 416 E.S.

Qa34Q7VwGjXKxv-LqRQCwC2_wCokM_4IA8UHv0DKRjzGSwDrl09b_m1d6HwP4KPzTBAt9FrrDa-1RPYXPLP3_Ct0YhFYrffrb3HNjz5yJ1S56qQ7PZuHkXFf7qVUcvi2XbSuNsUD

l98tudTTZiyOvTmGtC-0ytp1jBE-OJuq-hVlMCjZtb445rPKRhn-ZFP-pIF3AiB6YF4V7j6RVQMJ1RlMakc_tFgelT_nlitY4PdRGmlv67lUgCPnDZTQB3Lr92ZBxGVb7vdPWjbP

Only Us

Time is an irrelevant concept

As I look down into your deep, brown eyes.

A face I first saw when I was inept

This love I found, to my joy and surprise.

We walk through endless hoops together.

However difficult, we choose to withstand.

Our lives, our hopes, our losses, our joys,

are now tied by a tether.

78gzG8vlYcJSqBUk1xTUa6iO3nSRrZCDPIMYB2EC3yEWFUXxSlt4NpctRlr1-xg5AqZ3ah8BdmRH1RcNyC0XBncfJaG5lVYBZvpZzY-nUryjAGIhtCiH04uUdgZb-CF_Oq5D69xk

"I have one condition on our courtship, Iulius." A soft voice spoke to the man

before her. "I-If I am to be your wife someday, I want to be betrothed to you just as

another Haenseni woman would." The blonde woman looked to the

leather-bound book in her hands, a thumb marked the page of interest.

Shakily inhaling, Madeline read aloud,

"The Verevka belt is made of ivy and twine

and is presented privately by a suitor to their lady to seek

the permission of her hand in marriage. It must be fashioned of material

gathered in nearby woodlands, twisted together by the hands of the suitor

and blessed by a priest to be considered a legitimate offering."

"Its knotted form represents the partnership the two share, entwined

together much like the ivy into a strong girdle, and reflects

the binding vows they will soon swear."

Iulius listened to his beloved lady as she read from the book. "Vy

wish for eam to make vy one of these, da?" He asked with an inhale, watching her.

Reaching forward, he pushed her hair up and behind her ear.

"For if vy wish it, ea will do it."

~ - ~ - ~ - ~ - ~

The lantern's flame flickered over the couple's features as a

box was set into Madeline's lap. Her dark brown eyes glanced upwards to

Iulius, a hand going to remove the lid. Madeline's eyes went wide.

Carefully, her hands reached to take the belt of twine and ivy from the box;

a thumb ran over a green ivy leaf. "A verevka belt..." She breathed in awe.

Tears started to well in her eyes. "I-" Her lips tremebled as she forced her tears back.

Smiling brightly at Iulius, she said,

"Spasiba... Spasiba, Iulius."

Al6KcveD7XyYFidcv4JZ75KtandUuHeQAXGbxHej-RWpwyh-sis0gKAe68a8FcZZlhufKfZYkYkNQiOVhgOPsLPZjMB8imzggT23es-8cdJyv7TDx-CxW1i0Ny9QigTvYDiNGZ__

Dear Friends, Family, and Loved ones,

You are cordially invited to the wedding of Firr Iulius Vernhart and Firress Madeline Rose. The wedding will take place at the Karosgrad Basilica. We hope you can be a part of our special day.

Al6KcveD7XyYFidcv4JZ75KtandUuHeQAXGbxHej-RWpwyh-sis0gKAe68a8FcZZlhufKfZYkYkNQiOVhgOPsLPZjMB8imzggT23es-8cdJyv7TDx-CxW1i0Ny9QigTvYDiNGZ__

Formal invitations are extended to the followed Haenseti peerage:

His Royal Majesty, Sigismund III, King of Haenseti-Ruska and his royal pedigree.

The Right Honorable Johann Ludovar, Count of Otistadt, and his noble pedigree.

The Honorable Nikolai Kortrevich, Viscount of Jerovitz, and his noble pedigree.

Special Invitations:

Her Royal Majesty, Emma Katarina, Queen of Hanseti-Ruska.

His Serene Highness, Lucien I, Prince of Savoy and his royal pedigree.

His Grace, Eirik Baruch, Duke of Valwyck and his pedigree.

Her Ladyship Diana, Mother of the Bride, and her esteemed pedigree.

His Lordship Rev, Father of the Bride, and her esteemed pedigree.

His Lordship Josef Ludovar

Pyotr Joren Ludovar

Milo Kuznetsov

Joseph Beckett

Signed,

8JP6NP1Q3oF00ou-std_1DuJk11C7djbeWsjc-EyyRUU9ROoqEmq9DmH92vTMduQu798SUTcCk4rV5X5b8XV0dmQt_Av5EHKybhN34hSpfu6HY4s4PJyvtk-Hk3G8JgZkZBGCS4d

Firr Iulius Vernhart

ZJlIlGTuZ8cH2QsF13_wIWyFXQxhI1BwgM6KiRPBDnNh0vdqZODTvkhzUol-6kmzQkokBiPvFW280kvwUAIXTaCrx8_6_p3jQfGT7OARCqtArXoSbb6pin4-EowqnE8QWnZwEKq_

Firress Madeline Rose

Spoiler

OOC:

Date: Thursday, March 10th

Time: 5pm EST

Diana Vuiller would sigh a little as she saw the missive, drinking her Azor Melot as a servant was at ready to re-fill her glass. 

"May your marriage flourish..."

Iulius Vernhart smiled as he read through the invitation. "It am perfect." He shared softly, looking back up from the paper to look into her eyes. "Ea'll send these out at once." He stood up, moving around the dinner table to embrace her gently before moving down the stairs. He gave an a letter to every bird, then sent them on their way.

The Duke of Azor sighed and grumbled as he read the missive clearly conflicted following the conversations between himself, his sister and his niece. Finally the Archchancellor relented calling out of his office to his assistant. "Bring the good parchment and pen! I've a letter to pen the Duke of Valwyck!" The assistant hurried off before Joseph d'Azor called after him. "And bring my good chainmail shirt! I'd like to survive any incidents..."

14 hours ago, Taketheshot said:

The Duke of Azor sighed and grumbled as he read the missive clearly conflicted following the conversations between himself, his sister and his niece. Finally the Archchancellor relented calling out of his office to his assistant. "Bring the good parchment and pen! I've a letter to pen the Duke of Valwyck!" The assistant hurried off before Joseph d'Azor called after him. "And bring my good chainmail shirt! I'd like to survive any incidents..."

The Duke of Valwyck, having felt that he was about to receive mail sometime within the near future, stared longingly at his mailbox.

On 3/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, PrettyCuteAnna said:

Diana Vuiller would sigh a little as she saw the missive, drinking her Azor Melot as a servant was at ready to re-fill her glass. 

"May your marriage flourish..."

Lady Rosemary watched Lady Diana drink the large quantities of Merlot from the other side of the room, shaking her head "Both my mothers are alcoholic it seems" she went back to knitting a hat for the baby resting in a cot nearby.