Keep talkin' buddy

0216bbb6e30308f562b4ec86c73bce1f.png

putting u back in the hole

16 minutes ago, Monkee said:

0216bbb6e30308f562b4ec86c73bce1f.png

putting u back in the hole

pov fenn

1 hour ago, TwistChunky said:

tell me you haven't played in haelun'or all map without telling me you haven't played in haelun'or all map. 

tell me you haven't played all map without telling me you haven't played all map*

1 hour ago, Monkee said:

Respectfully bnk, you're completely wrong. There has not been a single public election for Sohaer or Okarir since January of last year - 6-7 Sohaers ago. They've all either seized power via the council's support or been granted power by their predecessor; each of these has happened multiple times. The only elections for Sohaer or Okarir that have occurred since January 2021 have been limited to just the council.

There's nothing illegitimate about the way Kiwi came to Sohaer, unless you're also discounting Widu, Gavin, Iverach, and Caelria - every Sohaer this map bar like one at the very beginning. Weirdly, the admins didn't intervene in those cases.

As you haven't logged in all map, I wouldn't expect you to know this, but it makes me wonder why you feel the need to weigh in on things that you really don't know anything about.

f54b818966963792e64eb4326b04a9a9.png

I couldn't think of a more perfect demonstration of a playerbase beholden to players who no longer play - who feel the need to oocly intervene in rp to determine the fate of a narrative they're no longer invested in. By definition, this move was the appeasement of old power. Ironic, considering the new mission statement.

f9b4fc46d657e8148e279f60be78b35e.png

Honestly this is the case with a majority of their activity. I hung around for a couple weeks and didnt see even half the players who came to Gavin's side even present in the city, at pretty much every time zone. Haelun'or will be dead again within 1 month. All these old players that have rallied to an old players defense has once again, ruined roleplay and progression of LotC. Old players continue to ruin the server for the newer players and prevent newer players from trying new things. This was very much an OOC thing for both sides. This is why staff should be rotated out for newer people. Admins, moderators, etc. 

4 hours ago, Monkee said:

n/a

I have never said I am active and I quite literally said I can’t log on so go have fun for me. I told you it was my two cents, never expecting players to behold to my whims, and as I am only engaging on the surface I don’t expect to have an impact. What of this was done for me? I simply came back, witnessed one side being OOCly toxic, and wrote an RP post for intrigue. None of what has occurred has been caused by me or to my benefit. The admins didn’t sit down and go “Oh well BNK might see this so let’s make the chap feel good.”

Dragging me for calling out toxic behavior is hypocritical to what you are doing to the admins. I am allowed to give my opinion too. I am a member of the community still and in talking with other members can come to conclusions. The same way someone else not RPing in Hnor can as well. 

Not to mention that I am calling for clarifications on rules as to avoid this type of OOC toxicty so that when I can get back online it isn’t such a shit show. Some of us have real life commitments. Some of us can’t afford to buy new laptops when they break. 

So again, I disagree on the rule to PK NLs for war. It shouldn’t have been a thing. I disagree that a coup should be null&voided. There needs to be clearer rules for coupers to fall back on. Kiwi’s OOC behavior was based on a vendetta and the community she acquired was held hostage via PvP.  I find that to have been unappreciated and unacceptable. I am glad that the compromise will likely lead to further story telling instead of one side feeling 100% defeated after what was a pretty dubious process.

BTW don’t put “respectfully” if you plan to immediately be disrespectful. I am not your example. 

2 hours ago, Cloakedsphere said:

Honestly this is the case with a majority of their activity. I hung around for a couple weeks and didnt see even half the players who came to Gavin's side even present in the city, at pretty much every time zone. Haelun'or will be dead again within 1 month. All these old players that have rallied to an old players defense has once again, ruined roleplay and progression of LotC. Old players continue to ruin the server for the newer players and prevent newer players from trying new things. This was very much an OOC thing for both sides. This is why staff should be rotated out for newer people. Admins, moderators, etc. 

Okay, but from a new player perspective, aka, I joined in November 2021. I want to do Haelun'or stuff, but I haven't been able to yet because of the entire "haelunor must die, bleh, bleh, bleh." Man. I'm just trying to do my RP in the niche. If people really don't like the 'tradition' and 'culture,' they don't have to go. Tbh, the whole situation is shit for new players regardless of which side they join. Forcing people out and/or bullying a community because of shit two years ago, which most probably didn't have a hand in really isn't the move and just tries to cut off flow of new players to a group. I'm just here for RP, not the clicks, or the folks trying to prevent RP with villainy. But whatever, man, is this even feedback for the admins at this point? How're you meant to stop two communities from spitting toxicity at each other, leaking chats, painting people as evil, lying, bullying, and being all around hateful without putting your foot down? Just a whole lot of bad taste and leaving it in everyone's mouth. Suppose this entire thing just encourages folks to be group-less unless they want to deal with drama.
I signed up to do cool fantasy RP shit, not have constant politics and ooc drama, which has been the majority of this. Peeps just need to fix the atmosphere and quit talking shit.

33 minutes ago, _Sheylo_ said:

Okay, but from a new player perspective, aka, I joined in November 2021. I want to do Haelun'or stuff, but I haven't been able to yet because of the entire "haelunor must die, bleh, bleh, bleh." Man. I'm just trying to do my RP in the niche. If people really don't like the 'tradition' and 'culture,' they don't have to go. Tbh, the whole situation is shit for new players regardless of which side they join. Forcing people out and/or bullying a community because of shit two years ago, which most probably didn't have a hand in really isn't the move and just tries to cut off flow of new players to a group. I'm just here for RP, not the clicks, or the folks trying to prevent RP with villainy. But whatever, man, is this even feedback for the admins at this point? How're you meant to stop two communities from spitting toxicity at each other, leaking chats, painting people as evil, lying, bullying, and being all around hateful without putting your foot down? Just a whole lot of bad taste and leaving it in everyone's mouth. Suppose this entire thing just encourages folks to be group-less unless they want to deal with drama.
I signed up to do cool fantasy RP shit, not have constant politics and ooc drama, which has been the majority of this. Peeps just need to fix the atmosphere and quit talking shit.

I dont know why you quoted me, but, ok. You can do cool, fantasy RP shit at any point and are free to RP the old (or new) ways of Haelun'or without anyone really batting an eye.  This is a public minecraft server, a public forum, and its players use public discords. This mentality that there is stuff "leaking" from a public discord is schizophrenic. Not to mention the clear promoting of gender roles/people pushing the split of "male vs. female" in the discord. Haelun'or as a whole, not just one side, needs to realize they're all in the wrong. All of them were talking shit. Period.

I wasnt saying haelun'or needs to die. I said old players, who clearly do not put any time or effort into this server aside from the maybe 1 hour's worth a week, should have ZERO sway on who should lead what and the direction the nation should head. Yet it is clear that, that is exactly what has happened. They deliberately stunted a player base (which was equal in size to your groups) from seizing power and trying something different. Mainly I would assume because it looked as if they had a majority of the players when in reality, 75% of the people that've signed those documents on the forum posts and posted in the recent week or two havent played LotC in well over 6 months. Some not even logged on to this map and they're only here to speak up on one sides behalf.

No one is attacking you, Sheylo. You are not what is wrong here. If you want to do cool RP shit, then I suggest you leave all the discords and just focus on roleplay. Stop allowing these players who all clearly have OOC motives and grudges taint your mind and paint one side in a bad light. It prevents players like you from forming honest and healthy relationships on LotC. 

Old players continue to ruin LotC for the new players. As clearly evident in your own post, Sheylo.

8 minutes ago, Cloakedsphere said:

Old players continue to ruin LotC for the new players. As clearly evident in your own post, Sheylo.

You twisted my entire post to fit your narrative bro. Both sides are shit, both sides ruin it. Anyways, not gonna keyboard warrior anymore, too much effort, not enough result.

Should’ve razed the tile. Unironically what  my character was fantasising about since Haelunor would’ve never icly or oocly let it go willingly. Haelunor finally biting the dust like it has been needing to for a while would’ve created some great Roleplay opportunities. 

4 hours ago, _Sheylo_ said:

I want to do Haelun'or stuff, but I haven't been able to yet because of the entire "haelunor must die, bleh, bleh, bleh." Man. I'm just trying to do my RP in the niche.

If you couldnt do your niche RP in Haelun'or since you joined I recommend finding another community. Unless you want to do forum roleplay. Conflict dosent happen 24/7 so it seems the niche people are just inactive.

the whole situation is shit for new players regardless of which side they join. Forcing people out and/or bullying a community because of shit two years ago, which most probably didn't have a hand in really isn't the move and just tries to cut off flow of new players to a group.

It really isnt. It would even be good since it gives alot of interesting roleplay.. If one side didnt choose to ignore the other.

It also gives alot of good character narratives. For how it went now I'd say it was only bad for people on your side. Because you choose to ignore their roleplay.

I'm just here for RP, not the clicks, or the folks trying to prevent RP with villainy.

This is the mindset why your situation escalated. This is a roleplay server. There are other people who roleplay something you dont like. If you choose to ignore their roleplay and just continue like nothing has happened, they will escalate too.

You coming back to Haelun'or after you got killed there several times is also good example. Should have just moved on and taken the L. You cant always win and this whole rp situation could have been avoided if your sided decided to engage in rp with the other side and came to an understanding / deal.

How're you meant to stop two communities from spitting toxicity at each other, leaking chats, painting people as evil, lying, bullying, and being all around hateful without putting your foot down?

By not ignoring the other part of the community, instead work something out with them. Ignoring something to avoid conflict also isnt healthy.

Suppose this entire thing just encourages folks to be group-less unless they want to deal with drama.

Not really and drama is part of roleplay. Dont let everything go to your heart.

Peeps just need to fix the atmosphere and quit talking shit.

Not other peeps, you too. When you came back to haelunor several times after being killed and telling people to "cope and seethe" after they explain to you, why you got killed is not something the other people have to fix.

I also recommend you take a break from lotc if this really gets this hard to you. Or join another community like elysium or another multiracial settlement

20 minutes ago, satinkira said:

Decided by ooc skill though

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all rp is decided by ooc skill (unless someone's emotes are incredibly vague).

5 minutes ago, MyNameIsMason said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think all rp is decided by ooc skill (unless someone's emotes are incredibly vague).

Example - A necromancer fighting a baby. In role-play, obviously the necromancer wins. In PVP, the baby could very possibly win

It's kinda dum

13 minutes ago, satinkira said:

Example - A necromancer fighting a baby. In role-play, obviously the necromancer wins. In PVP, the baby could very possibly win

It's kinda dum

While I don't think you disproved my point, you did make me understand your point better. If I'm correct I believe your point is that in some cases of conflict where there is a pretty clear winner, through pvp, it is possible that the 'clear winner' loses, and you believe that to be dumb. If so, I agree. I think this thread is getting a little off-topic because of us though so I will not comment again, but if you or anyone reading wishes to continue or add on then feel free to message me wherever you can find me, unless it's on instagram or something, that would be weird.