My time in Oren & the problem I'm having

CanadaMatt

6 minutes ago, NotEvilAtAll said:

Does anyone else here have anecdotes about OOC blacklisting or is this just a one-off misunderstanding kinda thing? I'd like to hear more stories on this.

I am blacklisted for shooting Pancakehz, sorry, Pancakehz

Sorry my brother in Christ. I wish I could help you out but it is hella hard to navigate these dweebs power hunger my man. They're crazy about this stupid ass game fishin for tiles like the map ain't gonna change in a year and tryna dom other people so they can look good in front of little boys. Good luck.

Shit is twisted just try to find some chill ppl. I'm sure some goons gonna reach out to you after you post this tryna make you fight in their army so be careful reading between the lines on those messages.

It's incredibly unfortunate that you had to experience something like that so early on.

The sad reality is that there are many who seek only self-preservation and the fulfillment of their own goals over contributing to narrative or giving to the community. It's not wrong for a community to have their own vision or aspirations, but if it reaches the point where they to toxicity and OOC targeting to achieve their goals, then I think the best thing to do is simply find another community. LOTC is incredibly transient and fickle, and both the server and its communities are constantly undergoing shifts in leadership and vision, and the bottom line is that to take root in that community means you have to risk things that may be upheaved. 

Does that mean it's all hopeless and not worth your time? Absolutely not. We can still make long-lasting things and impactful relationships with other individuals, but when things do go south, we also need to be willing to pick ourselves back up and not take it too much to heart. It is a game after all. And, as I said, the community changes very quickly, and there are tons of new communities that pop up all the time. Theres a wide range of groups willing to take in just about anyone. Find one that suits and welcomes you — or even multiple if you like!

In the end, we can't really enforce the ideal on every single player — people have tried and failed. But we can try to live out that ideal ourselves with the hope that we can lead by example. Learn from how others might hurt you so that you don't end up doing the same. Be welcoming to those who might be new and looking for a new community or home. Treat others the way you want to be treated. These may sound as nice anecdotes that offer no real solution, but I can almost guarantee that if you manage to do these things you will make more meaningful friends than you will spiteful enemies.

You just need to keep your chin up and move on. 

Hey matt!

It seemed that there's been a few misunderstandings here. Unfortunately I was away during most of the altercation and couldn't handle everything entire, so I'll clarify a few things.

When this began, you did have visitor in Oren discord, but you seemed concerned that you wished for more. While it was a valid point, it was communicated through berating us/trolling us in the channel and post memes in dms when we did not assign you further roles, and then messaged other players when we didn't respond, even when we had done nothing to incite conflict. I won't be posting what you said to me or the other players you were messaging, but this eventually led to a mod believing you needed to take a break since you began to flood the channel (neither Lion or I kicked you as you do claim).

You weren't banned at all, (I've just checked the audit logs), rather the mod thought you should take a break given the pretty bad remarks you were giving to the admins and other players. I can't speak on the other experiences you've had, but it seemed like these are the main qualms you've raised.

If you'd like, I am completely open to chatting more about this in dms, whenever you'd like. I can also toss you an invite link whenever.

ppl r outhere screaming about being blacklisted when the only ones oren blacklists r pedos, groomers and other terrible people

19 minutes ago, Chennster said:

Hey matt!

It seemed that there's been a few misunderstandings here. Unfortunately I was away during most of the altercation and couldn't handle everything entire, so I'll clarify a few things.

When this began, you did have visitor in Oren discord, but you seemed concerned that you wished for more. While it was a valid point, it was communicated through berating us/trolling us in the channel and post memes in dms when we did not assign you further roles, and then messaged other players when we didn't respond, even when we had done nothing to incite conflict. I won't be posting what you said to me or the other players you were messaging, but this eventually led to a mod believing you needed to take a break since you began to flood the channel (neither Lion or I kicked you as you do claim).

You weren't banned at all, (I've just checked the audit logs), rather the mod thought you should take a break given the pretty bad remarks you were giving to the admins and other players.

If you'd like, I am completely open to chatting more about this in dms, whenever you'd like. I can also toss you an invite link whenever.

Like I said earlier on, all responses I did were in a heated mess from just being fed up, like I told Lion when he came into my dms after posting this I did apologies to him to some extent until he began to make mixed responses, I seen someone I will not name her give people residence roles after they asked, even though I did request the roles at 5:30-40ish est, it clearly felt like a blatant way of saying "we don't wan't you" the meme of which I made of a quote you made was justified in my opinion to quote it you say

" Truly there is no hatred even if your family rply decided to move to the other side. we are a community, we are oren, and that dose not come without question. No questions asked, and no judgment, we welcome you back home" 

First of all personally I was Questioned, I was Judged, and I was not welcomed back, Every time I joined a vc id be called a 'balien spy', 'doofus',  or questioned why im here, when it came to in game I received similar responses by people not not in leadership but of those of your goons.
I belive I was outcasted in a ooc level in that sense and on discord when I was denied any form of role to see community chats and vcs I was subjected to a part of the discord where you only see announcements.

I wouldn't be apposed to a link back to the server I just feel that even if I did I will be screamed at, and I know how oren operates I know after I posted this maybe not you but orenians have likely slandered me in your general chat and thier comments likely deleted. I also find it kind of hypocritical when it comes to berating and trolling, like I said earlier Iv seen likewise stuff happen in oren discord then deleted to fit a narrative.

8 minutes ago, Fie said:

ppl r outhere screaming about being blacklisted when the only ones oren blacklists r pedos, groomers and other terrible people

And what would that Imply to me?

Edited by CanadaMatt
Added onto a scentence

10 minutes ago, Fie said:

Not sure why this guy's issues are being blown off instead of being looked into. Maybe a few conversations would help him out, rather than people just making fun of him for feeling like he isn't welcome? I've seen Lion and Chenn already offer to speak with him.

And also, there are PLENTY of 'terrible people' still around in that community. But birds of a feather flock together and tend not to rat eachother out.

9 minutes ago, Fie said:

yh but it takes them 10 years to blacklist the pedos and groomers. sometimes they even become emperors (not lionbileti)

how strange. . .

also when u talk about blacklisting terrible people, why are the following still in the community: my good friend @Chennster @Milenkhov  and @lionbileti

1 minute ago, MunaZaldrizoti said:

Not sure why this guy's issues are being blown off instead of being looked into. Maybe a few conversations would help him out, rather than people just making fun of him for feeling like he isn't welcome? I've seen Lion and Chenn already offer to speak with him.

And also, there are PLENTY of 'terrible people' still around in that community. But birds of a feather flock together.

I mean Lion did come to me after posting telling me my post was not needed and became more of a defensive route for oren, I did likewise but I spoke my truth

3 minutes ago, MunaZaldrizoti said:

And also, there are PLENTY of 'terrible people' still around in that community. But birds of a feather flock together and tend not to rat eachother out.

point them out to leadership with sufficient evidence. im also not blowing over his issue, im simply replying to sth someone else said. i also dont think my 2 cents concerning his issue are needed since lion and chenn alrdy replied

3 minutes ago, Werew0lf said:

also when u talk about blacklisting terrible people, why are the following still in the community: my good friend @Chennster @Milenkhov  and @lionbileti

I mean I don't have any beef with Milenkhov nor do I really with lion or chenn on a personal level they were only used as examples

Just now, CanadaMatt said:

I mean I don't have any beef with Milenkhov nor do I really with lion or chenn on a personal level they were only used as examples

neither do i, theyre my best friends, but they disgust me. 

49 minutes ago, Fie said:

Me sitting here banned from the Kingdom of Oren discord as well; Guess I’m a terrible person

**** theres some awful takes here.

Matt my boy, if they decide to OOCly blacklist you, thats on them, a very childish decision to make especially consider its concerning the choice you made in regards to a war. Unless forced its unlikely things like this will be changed, and from what I know this occurs in many communities with some being worse than others (We all known who they are), but I would suggest sticking in communities you are already accepted into and experiencing new ones you are yet to join, while steering clear or ignoring those which decide to OOCly blacklist you.