The Final Sunset [PK Post]

NightcastorKitty

The Final Sunset [PK Post]
GKkY25iPKsEDiRe7FJISka1Q3QXzEVNpOmj94DnB1hZ7fBksfLhNxgVXFBpflAhuq_EiW3akY4zKbD-O38_9wyYoQfDouKfVKloTp4ylknJ8GBgmpX_wzOtKeGRgHCJZ-t_3pSjJPKnIzLGNNw

“Brother..You tell me to be strong and push to overcome my suffering..I say to you that I have been and never gave up trying..”

Lioness Druid to Tristin Tresery

The grassy plains of the savannah gently swayed from the warm breeze that washed over the area. A group of antelope hopped off in the distance. a lion alpha could be heard in the near distance, roaring at a rival or rallying its pride. It felt so surreal and calm, this most appropriate and sublime of paradises. Andria stood upon the hilltop, looking out onto the dry, sunlit flats as the shimmering final rays of light collapsed into a prismatic sea of yellows, oranges, and reds. Majestic, black silhouettes decorated the nigh on endless expanse. Acacia trees, bathed in rich twilight. Light and dark intertwined. The calm frolicking of naive prey while their dastardly predators lurked in the dark alcoves nearby. This place was her haven. It was her sanctuary, her lineage and her terror. The Lioness Druid stood there on top of that solitary hill, staring off in the limitless distance. But this idyllic realm, in all its savagery and its beauty, was different. She felt that in her soul and knew it in her bones. A familiar, dreadful feeling clawed at her mind. The very same she had felt before her first death. Those eras of limbo before being grasped and thrown into her, inescapable invisible cage. That nightmare was ended, it had ended long ago. And yet even still, her head could not help but turn to see if the same horror waited to claim her.

No horror. No dire fang, no grim claw. But not nothing.

A tall male ‘ame stood proud where the unknown horror might’ve been. Icy eyes, familiar and warm, met her gold. His body was void of all scarring that he had received in life and covered by the traditional clothing he wore long ago. “I knew, of all the places, you would find yourself here.” His voice spoke, tranquil and yet, oddly satisfied. Avius Csarathaire’s hand stretched forth, offering his right arm, marked by blazing ilmyumier marking along its entire length, to her. Andria paused at the sight, unable to believe what at first her eyes declared were true. Her gaze then quickly moves to study the surroundings for a trick or illusion of some kind yet none would be found. “It’s gone..” She said. The soul of the Tresery released a sigh of relief before stepping forth to embrace the Csarathaire tightly. “It is over.” He whispered to her, holding her form for some time before the pair sat down on the grasses looking out onto the ethereal sunset. “You are such an *******.” Andria huffed, having her head rest upon his shoulder while his arm was wrapped around her torso from behind. “I know.” He replied, smirk growing at the nickname before it faded somewhat. “How did it happen?” Andria would huff at that before replying. “I-...Hm..I don’t know. But it felt…peaceful.” She says before looking at the empty spot on her other side. “Artanis must be pissed at us.” Avius chuckled at that. “Good.”

Memories filled Andria’s mind as her life moved across her vision. The teachings of Kairn and Awaiti showing her a path isn’t defined and set in stone. Mik and Layla guiding her to become a Druid and Priestess. Lyemar aiding her when Irrinor fell upon her shoulders. Amaryllis and her younger self having the literal weight of a nation at their feet and forced to deal with it at such a young age. The two grew close that allowed Andria to act like a mischievous girl that enjoyed the company of one her age. The images went further ahead, meeting Viper and those of the Father Circle who took her in and understood her path. Nivndil a soothing voice when she needed guidance. Evar’tir there by her side when she was alone. Kalius…Tristin…her family that helped her stand proud and strong. Miven then came into view. Young, bright, unburdened with the duties that laid in her future. The fate of two intertwined together as she helped her Sister towards what is known as the Vale today. Eir’thall a brother next to her. Few words were spoken between them yet they were alike in many ways. Asger, Laedrad..students she called them. Her distance kept yet at the same time, always watching. Wanting to express more yet never did. She gave her trust and love even as her words were harsh and uncaring. Still there were many more. Tailesin, Hareven, Sonna, Nenar, Neia, Eryn the list goes on…All of them appear in her mind’s eye before it would finally vanish. The burdens that shackled her down are now broken. Her nightmare had finally ended.

She was free…

Andria peered back at Avius for a moment before looking out onto the darkening vista, and looked forward to a second adventure.

Qyt04ORfX-M_bKPYyBmb59ENqiQ8aJsoBTKQfcQxTg29OUvTGCGBRhbUs9z1DqFFmWgya14UXLeTIAnRMS0EMcxpPzcKiL2s0jxrrQyntFsKlSoBMG1f9FYfV5bbbzq2ftDQA0OIib83jI8crA

Art commission created by: Aerthieldraws on Fiverr

Proof-Reading and Grammar Nazi: iMattyz

Spoiler

I like to thank everyone that was ever involved in my Char’s life for the wonderful RP experiences I had and the development it made with her progression. A special shoutout to Keefy to who’s events gave a never before seen side of Treelord lore and what possibility could happen if Choice was never given to the Druid that turns into it. It was special and unique that slowly built up overtime and while the char suffered, it also defined who she was as a person and the struggles she had endured to keep protecting those she cared for. Another shoutout goes to Imattyz whose character was much like my own and their journey together was one of the best I’ve ever had. The dance of the Lioness and Phoenix was truly unique and the pair held more than just romantic ties or warrior mindsets. It held a bond that lasted through time and the realms between never being able to break it. Despite themselves having the comfort of others from time to time.  

Andria Tresery was a new breath of air that differed greatly from what everyone knew me as. The Owl Druid that was serene and tranquil versus the prideful, fiery Lioness that never gave in. I enjoyed creating her personality and seeing the path she took and the achievements she made in her lifetime. The mindset is raw with the Lioness that pulled in many directions, some from my own irl experiences with my autistic daughter. That it's very easy to say and do things and think before you act. To just stop before you worsen the situation.Yet to some, it's the hardest thing in the world. The wanting to just cease it, to stop the rise of anxiety and stimulation happening inside. This trauma or suffering one is experiencing over and over becomes a repeating loop while outer voices just keep getting louder to try and reach them to calm down, but the individual cannot and cries out wanting to stop while their actions continue. It is sad and heartbreaking, but at the same time, the person still tries. Still wants to fight it. And wants to be in control of themselves and show how wonderful they are. And while my character never was on the spectrum, her torment expressed something similar that gave way to an insight on how it displays IRL. The Lioness Druid was a beautiful, fiery bean, and I’m glad her story from start to finish has been one of the best roleplay experiences in my life. Thanks everyone <3

In that other place beyond the mortal coil, Avius looked at the unmarred face of the woman he had truly loved for as long as he lived. Free of its strains, its burdens and its anguish.

He let out a sigh and shut his eyes, all worries banished.

It's over.

Hands tightened around the very mug that Lioness had held just days ago, eyes wide as she gazed into it. She was just here...She was just here! How...Why!

That mug was flung across the room, shattering against the wall opposite. The animals within the burrow dispersed at the noise, and the feeling that radiated from their mother following. So much grief in such a short amount of time. How long until that grief turns into rage.

Ever vigilant with the duty she had assigned herself in the Forest, Marie was soon aware of another new arrival into the forest. So too did she come to know that this one would not need her initial welcome. The halfling contented herself with this, giving Andria the space and time she needed with the ones she already knew and loved in the Forest. 

Later once she'd have settled in more, the Lamb Druid would approach the Lioness. Coming to welcome her and offer any help or support she wished for which the others may not have been able to offer. Though this might be unlikely, she saw it as her duty to offer regardless of the circumstances. She'd only hope to help any way she could, but would not force her presence if the Lioness was content and so she would soon depart having given her well wishes.

Once more a lone druid would make his way towards a secluded spot that over looked the ocean. Sitting down he would begin to dig through his bag, much like every time that he had done this before. Carefully setting out glasses, the man would begin to form a circle. One, two, three, eight glasses now rested in a circle around him not including the one that he rested before himself.  Pulling forth a bottle of amber liquid Eryn would begin to pour it into each glass, and like every time he had completed this ritual the faces of those who were no longer with him would begin to appear behind the glass. All of them smiling and holding up their glass in a toast to him, laughing and joking just like they used to in life.

Like every time before the druid's hand was stead as he poured the amber liquid into each glass, though as he reached the sixth he began to shake as the face of a Ker with a bandage covering half his face appeared. The seventh glass came and his hand became more unsteady as the form of Awaiti Sirame settled into the circle of those who seemed to be laughing and sharing in the drinks together, her gaze regarded Eryn as she offered him a warm smile, before his hand reached the either glass. Having to pause to settle his nerves Eryn would breath out as he filled up the cup and the Lioness's form slowly appeared behind it. Andria's gaze seemed to regard him before she would grin and chuckle almost as if in a mocking tone of how shaky and unsteady he was to simply pour her drink. 

Finally, he made it to his own glass, the only one that would remained empty. His hand shook as he looked over the faces of all those who had long passed on, his friends, his family, those who he considered his closest allies as his hand tipped and the amber liquid began to pour. Missing the glass by a hair as it poured into the dirt and Eryn looked around those who were gathered and now offering a toast up to him. All those who had passed on and returned to dust as he had to keep on, for his duties were Eternal, and there was still much work that he must do before he too could rest. As he finished up his ritual one more time Eryn would stand and turn off, wandering deep into the forest once more lost in his own thoughts.

"Show your teeth, Bear. Show your claws. You are not going to gain respect if you heed to every word." 

The words rang in Miven's ears. A familiar voice with an unforgettable vigor to it. It played over and over as she set way to acting on her promise made to Avius. It resounded as she watched over her mother, the Lynx, in the final act. 

Only in the last moments shared with Lioness, would the Bruin feel what she had felt long, long ago.. a comforting, protective aura wisping away. 

Somewhere in the Eternal Forest, Taeral sat with the Owl Druid in a pleasant corner of the never ending realm of thistle watching a waterfall, smiling as he felt the presence of the Lioness enter the domain.

"Welcome to retirement." He mumbled before falling back asleep against the ghostly figure of that blonde elf beneath his arm.

In life, Wildfire and Lioness seldom spoke. 

In death, however...

Who knows?

1 hour ago, _Sug said:

Somewhere in the Eternal Forest, Taeral sat with the Owl Druid in a pleasant corner of the never ending realm of thistle watching a waterfall, smiling as he felt the presence of the Lioness enter the domain.

"Welcome to retirement." He mumbled before falling back asleep against the ghostly figure of that blonde elf beneath his arm.

Spoiler

You went to hell, shoo you

A hand lofted to rest across her chest as it tightened, lips pressing into a slow frown. "No-one else should have to die, no not this year of all times" the druids head dipped down, simply finding a place where she was alone to listen.. having little knowledge of who it was that passed on.

Spoiler

I am far too heartbroken IRL to reply right now. I'll return, soon...

A Leopard's gaze lifted off from the trail he walked, the night breeze filtering through his long, dark locks of hair. A late night's stroll through the forest after a long day's work of observation and hunting. So was the life of Miklaeil Arvellon in what he considered to be his twilight years. When the wave of mourning and loss struck him in the chest and he stumbled backward onto one knee, his breath caught and his eyes closed for several moments.

"Another gone. Another reunion to expect."

The Leopard Druid rose back to his feet and continued onward, the pain in his chest nothing more than an old acquaintance. He tolerated its presence for a time, though his days of wallowing in it were long past. His student was dead and finally, he could accept that fact.

Upon a distant island, far from the lands inhabited by the Wood Elves, a keen-eyed figure tended to his grotto. This Druid had once served as a kind of mentor to a young Andria. He had taught her about backsmithing in the old city-state of Irrinor close to a century before, if not longer. Nameless, eccentric, and pursuing the true nature of Divinity - the Elf had long ago forgone the main continent in favor of a life dedicated to his sacrament of peace. The news certainly did not reach him wherever he was. Yet, the faces of those he mentored still remained with him.

The One-Eyed Coyote prowled his demesne content with his thoughts. He wished the Lioness well, but knew nothing of her fate. 

In some distant land stood an aged 'ame of an age long past, venerator of Xan,  Keeper of Order and Champion of the Paladins. Leric Tresery, bearer of titles spanning the centuries of existence, Father to only three blessed children. At his side stood his other half, their souls inexplicably intertwined for the ages to come. Vailoen Winterleaf, venerator of Xan, Keeper of Guardianship, Champion of the Paladins, esteemed friend to many, and even a Greater Mother to all who came into contact with her.  
Their child was lost to them.
As the two stoically stood atop the precipice to what could only be described as paradise, they contemplated. Their minds and emotions so equally twisted from the years of service to their deity, only their respective halves could truly understand one another; yet they still stood in silence. Reflecting. Wondering. Cherishing. Every memory of their daughter flashing through their minds, reliving them one at a time in honor of the esteemed Andria Tresery.  THEIR Andria Tresery.  Hours past as the sun began it's descent past the horizon, it's golden rays illuminating the very features that stubbornly showed little to no emotion. A small smile here and there, the smallest of tears rolling down a cheek.  The first to move was Leric, an arm reached towards the Lioness behind him, a calloused hand outstretched to her. 

"Come, Vailoen. We raised her. We should know she would not want us mourn her for too long. She is our daughter after all. She forever will be within our hearts." 
His words rung within the Elder Lioness' ears, striking true. Her hand met with his own, grasped firmly, and together they departed into the paradise beyond. 

An 'ame too of an age long past sat quietly. Yet this one overlooked a village of  Mali' from the treetops above. Upon his grizzled features his lips curled into the slightest of frowns as he contemplated the life of his sister. Tristin Tresery's mind recalled all of his interactions with her, including the time the two of them had almost killed one another. Soon his frown faded, replaced by the slightest of upturn in his lips, a smile, if one could call it that. 
"I said to overcome your adversity, Andria. It was this second life, that was your misfortune, your denial of an honorable death. I am unbelievably sad to have lost one of my blood, my sister, but I am proud and happy knowing that you had achieved so much. That you have finally attained what you sought after. Rest well, Lioness." 
Spoke the once King of an age long past. He'd recline comfortably within the treetops,  golden rays of light filtering through the verdant canopy illuminated his features, highlighting stray teardrops that rolled down his bronzed complexion. 

((dude i barely know how to roleplay anymore you really made me pull something out like this))