A Bedridden Bull

The incapacitation of Nikolai Mikhail Kortrevich.

[TW! Light description of a stroke]

u8Spi4rymlYav8mcdTYBgs-adrk1zsI671Qz5VAQThyVNkKX-GNSQZfL_xfVlBRsge1VSOew-UIKXxnpaH975tMc5Z8b1qEpUuINgH6eCe7R9M_n1IA6cTSHKGnTF-3xjtjBC_KN9_0eD3-oyQ

[!] The sun as it sets on the day of the coronation.

Well, ea think besides the chaos, it all went relatively well..”

Nikolai Mikhail Kortrevich smiled down at his youngest children, Inessa and Vladrik.. After the coronation, while the others had gone inside to prepare for dinner later that evening, the viscount decided to spend the evening outside with the two. It was a wonderful afternoon anyway as the air was cool and smelled of the new age to come with his majesty, Karl III as their new king.

“Vy know.. Ea vas about vyr age when the Koeng's papej had his coronation. Give or take a couple of years, back when vyr Hauchpapej was still alive, ve all had gone in a group together then like we had today..” The three sat on the grass in the gardens, Inessa sitting in front of him as she listened to the story. In Nikolai’s lap sat the newborn Vladrik, who listened intently to the conversation between his father and sister, but registered none of it. 

Really? Vy must be really really old then Papej” Inessa innocently said, a playful smile forming as she laughed at her own teasing.

“Niet THAT old, but yam getting there..” Nikolai shook his head softly at the comment.. It was true, he was getting there. Nearing his forties, which to some still might be relatively young, but to the Kortrevich, it was only further indication of time’s speed.

“So one day, when yam old en a mommy ea can tell them that ea went to his majesty’s coronation when prinzen Georg es crowned?” Inessa reached down to pick at the grass below before the young girl moved to stand, wandering around the open garden as she spoke to her father “Ea want tae witness all of the coronations, all the people, en the food, en the joy-”

Nikolai cut her off with a chuckle, reaching down to carefully hold the hands of his infant son as he answered her back. “Ea hope vy get tae witness plenty, et would bring me much joy..” The man glanced up to watch his daughter play around the gardens. He was thankful he could give her the life she deserved, a carefree childhood.. Or so he hoped. He knew better than anyone that not everything is in your hands, but he and Esmee did their best to provide for their children. This was the love he had wished for all his life. He felt pride in his family, and the life he had built so far with his wife, even if it was not as flashy as some of the others his fellow peers had created. He and his family were happy, healthy, and doing their best - that was all Nikolai could ask for.

Something began to feel wrong though, the growing headache came quickly and he furrowed his brows at the pain, wincing at the discomfort.. He began to feel as if part of him had fallen asleep, and in his panic, he attempted to reach for the infant in his lap with little success.

Inessa turned to her father from her playing to see something wasn’t right. “Papej.. Are vy okay?”

He opened his mouth to answer her but a jumbled mess of words seemed to come out slowly. He would have raised his only viable hand to gesture to the infant below him. The young girl ran to pick up her brother before she took a step back, horrified “Mamej..” she called once before calling for her one more time as she turned to run towards the keep

Theodosya would have made it to the keep as soon as she possibly could and just in time.. Though the Viscount was out, the medic was able to treat him the best she could.. despite the steady breathing and the stable flow of blood, Nikolai seemed to continue sleeping peacefully.

The Surgeon General explained to the Viscountess that he would wake up in time, though they were unsure of when that might be.

Pray to Godan that it be soon.

Spoiler

This is simply a way for me to go on Hiatus for a couple weeks on Nikolai Mikhail, at least on the live server! I will still be active behind the scenes helping @dove  and the others in House Kortrevich to make sure they have everything they need for future work and events that will be happening before my return to playing the character.

I am just not having fun on this character whom I love very very much and have put many hours into. I did not have the heart to pk him as I know there is much more I want to do on him and his story just isn't over.. It's good to take a break and do new things while you heal! Everyone should always keep in mind that this is Minecraft, so take the time you need when you need it

I will still be around, just on some of my other characters to develop them a bit!

"Is this it? Is this the start of it all?" wondered the Viscountess. Esmée leaned against the doorframe, watching over her sleeping husband. Her hand clutched on her heart locket for dear life, hoping her husband survives. A quiet sigh escaped her, "Dieu, it's not his time yet. Don't take him away from me. Not yet."

On the other hand, a certain Mondblume frowned from the Seven Skies. She knew this story already, she knew the ending. However, this is not a story she was willing to watch. She couldn't.

Spoiler

ooc:
we've been here before once

"Funny how she only tells us these things after she went up and did them already."

The thud of horse hooves hitting dirt could not ring and echo louder in Theodosya's head. Faster, faster, and faster evermore, but her steed could only go so far even with the woman's pleads. A bird has only arrived moments before the woman saddled her horse to travel towards the Attenlund, dirt kicking up with each clop from the steed.. Faster ... faster ... faster ... they flew across empty plains bordering the two Kingdoms at a rapid pace but not even the swiftest of horses could bring her closer to him, to the Nikolai she so lovingly abhorred with all her heart. He was the last thing that tethered them to this place, and by her hand, she would not let him go just yet.

"Aye, maybe let her rest for a little while, da?"

When the Surgeon General had got there, he was unconscious - still - horrifyingly quiet. It was the same as Johann's, but she didn't care for the Ludovar as much as she did in this moment. Everything and anything was tried - herbs, medication, injections - everything. Yet nothing came from it. He was asleep, within the Jerovitz gardens with his two children, and he'd sleep within the confines of the Keep's sturdy walls. The pleads for timelines and estimations overwhelmed her, but all she could advise was patience.

"Please, please, stay safe." 

Not in the homely confines of the Prikaz apartments, with her slumbering husband and gleeful children running amok, the Barclay née Mondblume sat 'pon the top of her own private apartment - dress pooled on the glass roof of the garden, accompanied with only a bottle of booze away from the babes. Taking a hefty swig, steely blue eyes were glued to the Nikrala before a sharp roar sounded, followed by the shatter of glass, cut of flesh and flow of blood.

SLEEP. THOSE LITTLE SLICES OF DEATH. HOW I LOATHE THEM SO.

Spoiler

i shall continue to benefit off of sad posts to make long replies huehuehue >:3c

A hulking rodent of putrid flesh stirred beneath a mass decayed foliage, reminiscing upon the encounters had with the Haenseni, "A disappointment that serf!"

Oijin would tell his wife Olai the sad news of their young friend before traveling to the Temple of Khamer'Parbat alone to pray for the young lord's health.

The Countess laments once she hears the news. Only that day, during the latter swearing of fealty, she had sat beside her husband and mentioned the Viscount.

"And what have vy been up to-?" He had asked her.

"Well, ea've been delayed by..." Her eyes darted down to the sleeping daughter in her lap, and she had never felt more content. Her father was gone; he would never meet his grandchildren, a stroke had taken the Late-Count, but the birth of her child had filled the empty space in her heart and smothered the sorrow. "...Some things," She murmured, "But now yam ready to get to work on a case for Bo-Bo."

"Oh-?" 

"Da, apparently Bo-Bo had his arm broken, and the family want to pursue the doer." She stated, inhaling sharply as she thought of all of the paperwork she had yet to fill out. "But ea meant to speak to the Lord Kortrevich today for his account - just as a basis."

That memory echoes around in her skull as her lips purse into a thin, soured line and her chest begins to fret. It had taken Johann only a day or two to die from his ailment - what if Lord Nikolai was the same? Poor Esmée, and her dear children, how would they cope?

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈

The small boy babbled in the arms of his sister, unsure of the happenings. Much more unsure than Nikolai, or Esmée Even had any clue of. 

The boy's scenes were a wash of color that he couldn't understand, miniscule splotches of browns, tans, and blues that made up his father. Ones he reached out to just to be sure.

Even he, as a little one felt such disturbance and a whine came from his lips.

"Pa-p-. . ."

That was all the boy could muster. Before he was carried off, and his father went on vacation in Death's Chariot.

Persephae Kortrevich stood just in front of the family chapel's doors, staring with uncertainty at the altar before her.

"Ea owe this family everything," she murmured, with a hesitant step forward. It was quiet, pressingly so; though smelled of incense from those who had come before her, and the candles were still lit. "Ea owe Nikolai everything. Who were we, before this place? What were we to do, before his kindness?"

With each word she advanced, her brow knitting further in concern and - yes, fear. She stared at the altar, expectant, and when she was but a pace away spoke again, low tones unusually soft and reverent.

"Vy ag ea are niet familiar," she lowered slowly to a knee. "But ea have a favor to ask vy, all the same."

--

Wynanya Arvellon readied her travelling cloak.