Kivdrona | Event Site

Joltastik

Spoiler

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kivdrona

Years have passed since the coronation of Kivdrona’s forlorn king, and the catastrophic incident wrought by Dr. Chelka and his alchemical horrors. Stray lengths of rotting intestines, dried viscera and trails of blood still drench the Main Square’s streets, where a three headed monstrosity about the size of a leopard lowers two of its heads to sup upon a bloody puddle. The other perched its disfigured beak and beady eyes in vigilance, under the watchful shadow of the strangely pristine statue built upon the center of the Square: a crowned child riding a camel.

jh5cRlB.png

The City has since been considered off limits by anyone with sense, allowing the mutated, former denizens of Kivdrona to fester and grow in their hunger. The city seems to have been evacuated entirely, with a good number of the surviving folk still barely trying to make by within the refugee camp outside Kivdrona’s walls.

. . .Still, rumors spell of vague sightings near and within the fallen City. Those brave enough to scout Kivdrona ánd return in one piece have reported sightings of Descendant folk still fighting on the front lines and scraping by through means of scavenging and ruthless efficiency– Trying to keep the aberrant monstrosities busy so as to prevent a hungry exodus in search for more prey.

I3tEigv.png

Conversely, there have also been sightings of masked plague doctors thought to signify an active presence on behalf of The Chelka Institute in spite of the “Doctor’s” apparent death. Any entrance within the Institute or Academy seems to remain tightly sealed, though. . .

kksK0mv.png

Refugees speak of mountains of treasure to be found within the Cursed City, be it within the kingly coffers of the Lord’s Tower, Sneed’s Cathedral, the rich folk’s ruined houses or somewhere deep under Kivdrona. Others speak of even greater things to be found. These folk tales may be rich in embellishment, but Kivdrona was left in a hurry to say the least, so perhaps there may be a smidgen of truth to them.

DUt9cny.png

It is up to you to see. But be forewarned, for the road is perilous and wrought with man-made horrors beyond our comprehension.

[OOC]

A few rules to keep in mind when venturing within Kivdrona:

Spoiler

1. Kivdrona is a soft-pk encounter area. What this means for players is that should their character die during any encounters, events or ETC, they will not be able to return as that character until such a time that their characters are either revived for that eventline through encounters with it or we’ve declared a chapter / act / plotline resolved and have refreshed all soft PKs. - Unlike stock deaths, Soft PKd characters have no memories of the eventline. Period. This is to prevent lackluster metagaming. 

2. Kivdrona is not a free observation area. Come IC or don’t come at all. The region will have entry flags with a minor message. If you're there in MC, you're there IRP! Please refrain from running around randomly during events too; if your character is walking irp, then /walk. If it’s sneaking, use /sneak!

3. If you don’t have it on you in MC, you don’t have it on you IRP. No excuses. This extends to potions, magical items, healing materials, etc etc etc. If you’re going to use it, have it in your inventory and properly signed as needed. Thanks. 

4. Seeing as Kivdrona is an event site ran under the supervision of the ST, lack of tile affiliations allow for much more mobility when it comes to allowing the Players to IRPly interact with the structural elements around them. In other words, feel free to break and set shit on fire during events. Also, if you wish to claim a ruined, dilapidated corner as your own safehouse, camp etcetc. Let me know and i’ll give you build perms. The only catch is you have to get to the location IRP first, during an event.

5. While venturing through Kivdrona, you might find a few end rod altars strewn inside and out the city’s buildings. I’ve taken inspiration from fromsoft games and placed these around certain spots and dungeons to act as Checkpoints! If you reach a certain checkpoint during the event and we decide to end the session there, you can start at the same place once we schedule another session. This also means that if I schedule an event with somebody else and they happen to reach the same checkpoint, I may schedule a session where you meet with the other player/s and perhaps venture through the wastes together in jolly cooperation. Or you can just kill each other I don’t mind.

[If you wish to venture within Kivdrona or just explore the refugee camp outside the city and interact with NPC’s, chuck me a message in-game or through Discord. Alternatively, join the Kivdrona Discord server and ping me there for an interaction. Click here for invite: https://discord.gg/9k8meTeVXY]

Spoiler

WOOOO ITS BACK!!

Dame Viktoriya, who'd once had arrangements to join that Institute, looked over the horizon with a tiny grin. "I guess it's time te' almos' get killed, again."

A young Elfess looks upon the city missives. as she wonders how bad does it have to be to be there.....time for some investigations

The mechanical wonder of a being lets out a low hum as he stops before the grand husk that is Kivdrona, having just recently settled his land in the farthest corners of the south and taking the time to explore the new lands of desert...seems hes found something interesting.

A hoplitized hero begins to gather The Lads... he has some questions that need answering since the days of Might Kivdrona's fall...