The Lur's Claim | Droku'Lur

Guzr

| THE LUR’S CLAIM | 

🦴🦴🦴

bmVbFt5NXce1WLSsv6rBB1nSsCUPCjcIJDvuGqy4cb2CtyhlYyavzGx-Cy8_bpw9gZmNP-Uq0V4aVGGVTS9Vif5u_ENMHUTKCC-DutHB5JWlnM2H-22aJl0i6DvaM7VpNumEFLlrX1QLc3v-9w

The wind whistled throughout the jungle underbrush. Droku’Lur’s eyes flickered open, looking about nonchalantly. He gave a sigh, closing them again as he perked his head, listening once more. 

He knew he was worth more. The tales his family had told him of his ancestors, of Rex Ugrad’Lur’s hunts and of Nakita’Lur’s fight in the trenches. What would he amount to?

“Freygoth, hear me now. Your woods are yours alone, and the fauna within your dominion. This I do not conquer, ancestrals as my witness. I do not know your plans for me. I know not my worth. Give me a sign.”

He waited, still nothing. A bird chirped in the distance. Droku roared in frustration, picking up his spear and digging it into the ground. “Am I not honorable? Am I not Uruk? Do not ignore me, mother of the woods. You know my plans. Speak now, do I have your support?” 

His voice echoed, bouncing from tree to tree. No answer from the Spirit of nature. Droku spat, moving to pick up his things and move. He had prayed and waited for an answer for three days now, Freygoth had ignored him.

But Votar had not.

6vkwLpbeFeJKMNmkjP4kFj7YgZHH3ctv3_vthTgBnggrEbHcbihwavzq634Pc8DYS3IUAVkl7NqfvpGNsU60mvSEVGPn0Oul50IHFqyEA9P6W21iPvkhu49IFvxKevH7SgRpKA-YcoSCBBkIhg

A snarl took the air. Droku instinctively raised his spear at the golden eyes staring at him from the bushes. The jaguar stepped out, covered in blood from the hunt. To Droku it seemed to move, to slide across it’s fur like rain on a tree. It studied the Uruk, before bolting into the trees.

This Droku would take as an omen, a message from the gods. Soon, his own message would spread across Krugmar. . .

“I CLAIM WHATS MINE

I, Droku of Clan Lur, kub of Nakita’Lur and grandkub of Rex Ugrad’Lur, claim Huntsgoth. I will lead the Uruks in a hunt like they have never seen before, for I am chosen by Votar. As the ancestrals as my witness, I will do this thing.

To those that will challenge me: State your challenge. You have two Krug days.

Droku’Lur”

FP8WSCxmokk5PfvV6KGML2917KqMMT8CeTi8Q38CKCnNDlqGT0hW8n9mj8-43mtN06eqLWNggOHpV5rAwQ4__rNMjmMz-wPtxXpegGY10IL60awJSK-kOSSl9qGHQpiTQSu5eAy2pkvumJq81g

“GLOZAG VOTAR”

The Witch Doctor scowls at another failed curse before hearing the message. Slowly, he rises to his feet, using his clawed fingers to dust the dirt from his person. A smirk etches across his features "Finally..." he hobgoblin grunts "Mi has nub peep'd ah Huntsgoth in too long". 

The old haruspex smiles at the light returning to the goi.  A hunt would be had.