Let's talk about 9.0

DahStalker

- Nation capitals not closer together as others are suggesting. Each nation needs to have their own space (and basically their own nation tiles where to expand towards in the future, just as it happened at the beginning of Almaris). This is also fundamental in order to prevent nations that are mere city-states and this also allows a future possibility of losing a tile due to conflict rp (wars).

- A teleport from the Cloud Temple to each major nation capital, or just the current system with four teleport hubs from the CT.

- Bring back enderchest for every nation capital and for the CT (I'm a boomer so there's a chance this feature already exists) 

- Bring back automatic CT Shops where players can sell their extra resources (I'm a boomer so there's a chance this feature already exists) in order to encourage the usage of the server's economy system 

- OPTIONAL: Bring back a Professions plugin similar to Nexus with levels of experience and ranks to obtain through grinding that is truly rewarding (such as being able to forge strong weaponry or armor if you're a Legendary Blacksmith or being able to directly cut an entire tree if you are a Masterful Lumberjack)

Fix NPC's for VIP and the /heads request command please!!! Some of us make cute custom heads for dolls and stuff to sell and need to request heads. As for NPC's, it is used for statues and some also sell skins in roleplay shops.

3 hours ago, sergisala said:

- Nation capitals not closer together as others are suggesting. Each nation needs to have their own space (and basically their own nation tiles where to expand towards in the future, just as it happened at the beginning of Almaris). This is also fundamental in order to prevent nations that are mere city-states and this also allows a future possibility of losing a tile due to conflict rp (wars).

I want to see whatever the opposite of this is.

Giving out entire tiles to the King of Haense or the Emperor of Oren so he can fill them with 1000 uninhabited towns and mid castles is exactly what forces us to change maps to begin with. It is objectively worse than freebuild because it still keeps out new players while decentralizing and filling the map with pasted-in garbage. 

Nations should have small regions and long shadows. If your nation isn't a "mere city-state" other players will know; you don't need more unused land, you need to actually project your power in roleplay. Patrol the roads, send emissaries to other nations, actually earn the distinction rather than begging for it from staff.

NLs should control their capitals and not much else. The source of their power should be the strength of their rally and the cunning of their leaders. The playable area of the map should be significantly smaller, and nations should be close together on a single main road. Tiles should be made much smaller (maybe 1/4-1/8 of their current size) and player-claimable rather than nation-claimable, with recurring activity and mina costs to ensure they are always used.

More space

More Space

MORE SPACE

yeah, you heard me right. we need bigger maps. the map is so overrun and clogged up with pointless expansionism that nations cant even get room to breathe, much less new settlements

ALTERNATIVELY: tiles need to be way more expensive, and have to meet minimum activity requirements.

less restrictions on fast travels, but not a fast travel to every shitty village. 

encouragement of new nations, ALONG WITH actual enforcement of activity checks. Toughen up on activity checks in general. Not making it? You lose your settlement/nation/tile. End of story

And don't just leave abandoned settlements. Only a few abandoned places should be turned into ruins, not every single failed project. At the end of the day, ruins most often serve no purpose than a spot to explore for the random passerby. If some noob settlement builds a big ass city and loses it, delete that shit. Make space for others. 

NO FREEBUILD. Bring back paid LC and fly. Idk why those were ever removed. Bring back resource pits while we're at it and get rid of the last, shitty remnants of Vortex. 

Leave auction houses but make it so that they are not global. Give people the ability to sell without having to own a shop/stall but make it so you have to travel more for unique goods. 

Give desert.

zombies :)

solid lore confirmation that iblees is a female dark elf and that exalted owyn was a farfolk man

19 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

I want to see whatever the opposite of this is.

Giving out entire tiles to the King of Haense or the Emperor of Oren so he can fill them with 1000 uninhabited towns and mid castles is exactly what forces us to change maps to begin with. It is objectively worse than freebuild because it still keeps out new players while decentralizing and filling the map with pasted-in garbage. 

Nations should have small regions and long shadows. If your nation isn't a "mere city-state" other players will know; you don't need more unused land, you need to actually project your power in roleplay. Patrol the roads, send emissaries to other nations, actually earn the distinction rather than begging for it from staff.

NLs should control their capitals and not much else. The source of their power should be the strength of their rally and the cunning of their leaders. The playable area of the map should be significantly smaller, and nations should be close together on a single main road. Tiles should be made much smaller (maybe 1/4-1/8 of their current size) and player-claimable rather than nation-claimable, with recurring activity and mina costs to ensure they are always used.

Well, I obviously disagree with this approach and, to be honest, I mainly think that the times in which large plots of land from large nations have only served to obtain "uninhabited towns" as a result, it has always been because such nations haven't done much to actually make the land outside of their nation capitals interesting in the sense of having active settlements with residents that are actually actively roleplaying there and that culturally feel part of their nation.

For example, having several tiles as a nation allows for nation building and for the establishment of different cultures and cultural groups of players that can live there in settlements. And this system is actually good for new players too, because instead of creating a new settlement with no engagement or relation towards any of the current nations they can join or create an existing one and develop their roleplay there with all their inherent freedom.

And last but not the least, with regard to your definition of 'power', I personally think that the server should be a place to create good stories rather than a mere place to rally soldiers.

11 hours ago, The60th said:

I think the current map is too big

I would agree but with the additional remark that half of it is unusable land. Last map had it even worse with insane mountains and terrain that wasn't viable for settlements or cities. I guess my issue really is just nations owning a bunch of land that they dont even use and forcing new settlements to squeeze into the last few good spots... which then get abandoned and "ruined" making those spots utterly useless

If you want a more dynamic server

-Way smaller map

-No fast travel

-Freebuild

-Localized auction houses where things sold in that auction house can only be bought in that auction house.

Its so simple really..

For me, I'd like to see roleplay sprucing up in a smaller map. I think a lot of people can agree that 40% of rp is dry. 30% is toxic criminal RP (toxicity from either side) and 30% actual good RP.

I'll like to see the player base come together to tell LOTCs story, rather than their own.

On 6/14/2022 at 10:14 AM, sergisala said:

Nation capitals not closer together

In any case Ive ever seen of settlements being closer together has just caused more roleplay for both groups and between both group

2 hours ago, sergisala said:

I personally think that the server should be a place to create good stories rather than a mere place to rally soldiers.

I mean /is/ this what you want? Everything Ive read that you've posted more so limits what kindove stories can take place and how they can take place.

This is also fundamental in order to prevent nations that are mere city-states and this also allows a future possibility of losing a tile due to conflict rp (wars).

At the end of the day some nations should be city-states or forced into being city states by circumstance I dont think you should plan your server around making it baby mode for nations if you want things to by dynamic.

A teleport from the Cloud Temple to each major nation capital, or just the current system with four teleport hubs from the CT.

Another thing youve suggested that to me doesn't really seem to enhance roleplay. If all the hubs just whent straight to the capitols it would make it alot harder for smaller settlements to pick up activity. Aswell as it cuts down on dynamic roleplay as with fast travels nations don't actually have to have a presence on there borders, or any other road-side type events or interactions become nonexistant.

2 hours ago, sergisala said:

For example, having several tiles as a nation allows for nation building and for the establishment of different cultures and cultural groups of players that can live there in settlements

this is the system we have now