Let's talk about 9.0

DahStalker

3 hours ago, sergisala said:

And last but not the least, with regard to your definition of 'power', I personally think that the server should be a place to create good stories rather than a mere place to rally soldiers.

Yes, the Law of the Biggest Rally is not ideal. You know what's significantly worse? Nations getting their power from staff, and refusing to give it up. To "create good stories" discord politicos and NLs would have to be willing to accept challenges to their power.

14 hours ago, ShannonLeigh said:

NO FREEBUILD. Bring back paid LC and fly. Idk why those were ever removed. Bring back resource pits while we're at it and get rid of the last, shitty remnants of Vortex. 

NO FREEBUILD, but also staff should code a plugin and build resource pits and do extra work to "encourage new nations" by enforcing activity checks. Got it.

40 minutes ago, Illinois Fan said:

this is the system we have now

yes I know I'm merely saying that it's the system that should be kept 

see above

but, tldr;

> MUCH smaller maps (i want to be able to like,, see my neighbours ty)

> we want land to be scarcer; no huge unused swaths, land should be something that actually fought over for irp usage reasons, not just ooc ego-trip.

> land should also be claimed in the following

rply : flexible, cartographic map borders that can be actually contested. 

mechanically : a) claimed city capital, b) rply built outposts that can be broken down and contested if not manned / contested in wars.

2 hours ago, monkeypoacher said:

NO FREEBUILD, but also staff should code a plugin and build resource pits and do extra work to "encourage new nations" by enforcing activity checks. Got it.

All of that stuff is already coded and automated, its just not implemented or isn't available for non-staff players. And whats your solution in regards to new nations? Let them exist as empty metropolises or discourage them entirely?? There IS a middle ground where new settlements should have to meet a criteria, there is a system now that SHOULD function, but is largely unenforced

let alts log in wars so i can help a side when im feeling like it even though i dont play any longer

23 hours ago, ShannonLeigh said:

All of that stuff is already coded and automated, its just not implemented or isn't available for non-staff players. And whats your solution in regards to new nations? Let them exist as empty metropolises or discourage them entirely?? There IS a middle ground where new settlements should have to meet a criteria, there is a system now that SHOULD function, but is largely unenforced

These questions are meaningless to me because I am a freebuild absolutist. Trading posts will form around natural centers of activity and crossroads, then evolve into city states (think Holm, Belvitz, etc.). New nations will arise from these settlements joining together via diplomacy or conquest. 

This is how Oren, Hanseti, Malinor etc. began, and it's telling that these nations still exist as the legacy of dynamic RP from over 10 years ago. Staff run themselves ragged trying to make a miserable simulacrum of what roleplay was like with almost no rules and no restrictions on what you, the player, were allowed to do.

Obviously there may be compromises (like a land-claim system instead of pure freebuild) but rules that exist to get in the way of dynamic roleplay must go.

I don't want a 9.0.

I want to go seven years in the past and relive my nostalgia.

Begin role-playing on Museum.

1 hour ago, EX. DERFEY said:

I don't want a 9.0.

I want to go seven years in the past and relive my nostalgia.

Begin role-playing on Museum.

this is the only good solution to mineman

freebuild is alright when i can do it, but other people make bad things i dont like looking at

i shall contribute nothing else to this thread

2 hours ago, Barbog said:

this is the only good solution to mineman

freebuild is alright when i can do it, but other people make bad things i dont like looking at

i shall contribute nothing else to this thread

high iq type shit

No more auction house

If people wanna sell stuff or buy stuff they should have to rp it. An auction house for non-rp items like building materials is alright but for rp items, the auction house is wack.

If anything take away the ability to sell/buy ST signed items on the ah atleast.

To be a bit over dramatic but it is something I totally believe, Merchant Rp will be completely revolutionized and be probably some of the best RP on the server. Rn, mechanically its really hard to say its viable for someone to devote their characters to being full merchants because people can just throw it on the AH for the whole server instead of using middlemen. Guards guarding merchants would also become viable as the merchants now have to either put their item in a shop chest or carry it with them. Both of these create more options for villainy and therefore more rp for goodfolk. (Many more reasons that I don't wanna continue crying about).

Auction Houses are convenient oocly and that is their only benefit, kill them.

Its simple, bring NEXUS back. Vailor and Axios had nexus and flourished. The mechanic doesnt kill the RP, instead if used correctly it ensures that players are affected by it. What we have now is simply nothing compared to what we had back then.