Let's talk about 9.0

DahStalker

Out of genuine curiosity... What are some of the changes you look for in 9.0? What are somethings you would like to do? Do you want to see more flavorful plugins that have been released lately? How about lore? 

I want more sea and water uses

Less sea and water uses

The exact same amount of sea and water uses

In all seriousness, I hope that there is a more stripped down land management system that lends itself less to the current nation-system of player organization, and more towards emphasizing the agency of individual players, ideally through smaller regions, very forgiving charters, and limited creative. I feel that the culmination of many "macro-mechanics" makes the wider community conflict adverse, and do not lend themselves to large and transformative roleplay without OOC handholding or special arrangements with staff (Which isn't bad in and of itself, but it is inaccessible and is moderately cringe if you think about it). 

I would also love to see the next map take place somewhere that already exists! For example, 9.0 return to a rescaled version of a previous map centuries after whatever convenient calamity struck. This would encourage players to roleplay and build as if the world was already lived in, and takes the burden of needing to develop a history and culture out of thin air off of their shoulders. 

19 minutes ago, ibraheemc2000 said:

I want more sea and water uses

to be more exact, make it where you can actually do stuff on the sea and water more, encourage sailing and such

Papers Please EZIC - Daze Puzzle

Yes, what changes are you looking for?

More map-lore that is actually actively used. Feel like especially places like deserts and oceans could use more attention, since I feel like they include cool ruins but alot of the events around them are either extremely isolated or seem non-existant.

And more fast travels? That's more just personal preference.

2 hours ago, ibraheemc2000 said:

to be more exact, make it where you can actually do stuff on the sea and water more, encourage sailing and such

definitely, i'd love to see more smaller islands that could be explored and actually have things on them (like the mushroom islands of previous maps)

praying they bring back the brewing plugin with hops and sickles

If I don’t get mermaids I will quit lotc 

No more auction house

- A cohesive storyline and compelling, powerful and yet subtle antagonist

- Far, far less peripheral settlements. Discouraging of flavour of the month settlements that subsquently get abandoned

- Less map degredation through the above

- Nation capitals closer together

- No freebuild at all

- No contrived bullshit crafting systems

- More freeform war casus belli, but war that is moderated far more stringently as to discourage RP destruction