ON THE MATTER OF OUR PARENTS

Olox_

djF1dSqI4JMciycE29cgJ9N2ccVs1J4EE6mPv6LirlH4c9lcBN5W7hQ5Edm6iQW7TdPBcESJMRbNr0DNQ6yxKXTlG0VmlNAy7kiQMdsnPpwWpU9HdCn1ZedyvW29jHljb9u-D09LcDPIUcT9MtxjE4WPzBj4pVEB7d6uOZptojHq1pEzHMhogLCL3w

ON THE MATTER OF OUR PARENTS

Penned by the bastard son of late Margrave

Jan Jazloviecki, on the 2nd of Sun's Smile 1891

As certainly every person in Almaris knows by now, our parents - Maciej Jazloviecki, son of Borys Jazloviecki from Savoy, and Ottilie Franziska Jazloviecki née Castile, were executed in a public execution in the Sedan town square. Our uncle, Otton Jazloviecki, brother of our beloved father, also died with them. All three were beheaded by Prince Joseph I using his own sword. We condemn the actions of our parents and uncle, yet this does not change the fact that for us they will still be the people who brought us into this world, baptised us, brought us up and gave us a basic education and a decent life. We don't know how or who infected our parents and uncle with vampirism, but let them be damned whoever they were. A test conducted on us by one of the Cardinals who was instrumental in discovering our parents' secret showed a NEGATIVE result for each of us, saving us from a certain death. As of this date, our eldest brother Borys IV becomes the new Margrave and Patriarch of the house. Our house has survived a lot, yet this may be our greatest test. We love and will not forget our dear parents, may GOD have mercy on their souls. 

THE CRUSADE GOES ON, JUST AS OUR SAD LIVES GO ON WITHOUT OUR PARENTS.

Signed,

Borys IV Lukács Jazloviecki, son of Maciej

Walentyna Stasia Jazloviecki, daughter of Maciej

Bianka Jazloviecki, daughter of Maciej

Valerija Anastazja Jazloviecki, daughter of Maciej

Marek Jazloviecki, son of Otton

1eD-fGI2Q142WUfh2KXT6NoVJ5rOnEUwBkdGL2Jetp4Um_o5rTgx6ySHuzPoPt-fN52YwO9w16rgDgA2vex84x_daR9UWyABZATYAiQRYaiFhUrHNw4rRgs6mFSWv7yNRJXzdBTd

A hobo in the streets picked up the paper, twisting and turning it as he tried to read the words "Hot diggidy dog, now this 'ere seems very interesting" he remarked before walking off, his sandals clapping on the stone bricks as he went away.

Makoto Iekami was nearly inconsolable upon hearing the news of his closest friends’ execution the moment he returned from his travels, he remained in his office grief stricken. His heart broke for the children who had just lost their parents. 

Arthur Roderic, at first, was in denial refusing to believe his very own sister had been executed. However, that denial was soon replaced by pure anger and hostility towards the man who publicly beheaded his beloved sister as if she were some lowly pig, leaving his poor nieces and nephews without parents.

Edited by Travisty

Masashi Iekami had spent the time since the execution feeling lost. His best friend, almost a brother, executed in the streets like a common criminal. His wife, one of the kindest, most caring people he had known, slaughtered without mercy. Otton… well, he was there too. The Oyashiman clenched and unclenched his fist. There would be a time for action. But not now. Now there were children who needed him.

"Why, Matthias?" Sister Calliope asked the missive quietly, content to dwell on her anger and sorrow in the resulting silence. Tears streamed down her visage, but her mien was stoic and motionless as always. Thoughts of unholy rituals and plots swarmed her mind, that her friend had doomed his family and himself to eternal suffering, and she wondered if coming back from Fausten to these wretched lands was worth it.

Bianka stood quietly with her head tilted down to the floor, a sniffle here and there could be heard but nothing else could be perceived. "I am sorry Mama and Papa for I was not able to protect you nor live up to the true name I was given." She mumbled under the tears.

The Princess was quite concerned about that family. "My apologies, dear friends. Your children will receive my undivided attention as if they were my own.” As she left to check on the new orphans, Augustina sighed and set the letter on the desk's stack of correspondence.

Sir George Obediah narrows down his eyes as he reads the letter, the news hit him in shock; but not grief, as he was not close friend with the Jazlovieckis. "Will I be damned..." He only muttered

A teary-eyed Walentyna Stasia Jazloviecki held the letter tight, frustratedly notching the fingers of her hand into the paper, crumpling the paper in the vicinity of her hand, and in the process, balling said hand into a fist. "Why..?" she'd hopelessly mutter. Tears fell from her cheeks and onto the letter as she read the paragraph over and over despite her now clouded vision.

What was she looking for, and what did she expect to change? Whatever the answer may be, she likely knew it didn't change what she heard that day, and what her new reality entails.