Knights Of The North

Casamir

I'll be appointing officers to manage the Verge keep, I will personally over see our Main base in Aegis. Which base do you need Corlark? Verge or Aegis?

Also reading the news it appears Aegis 2.0 is out next week sometime (( so begin to prepare! ))

Also will be looking for a team of builders to help me in building and planning out a new keep (( once we are settled in the new world )) The Aegis keep and the Verge keep where build mostly by me (( with minimal help not that people weren't willing to )) I built them hastily (( as both keeps where built during times of conflict, in Aegis it was the undead in Wrath's clutch, and in the Verge it was the orcs. )) I'm hoping we can take our time and erect a fine structure, remember the plan is a walled city (( using our bedrock plots )) with a walled keep inside. The city should have plenty of room for farms to be set up, housing, shops, (( housing for possibly the Knights and civilians though I'm debating between keeping it separated )) The keep will need to be large itself so that we can move away from Tower based keeps (( Maybe a few floors up 2-3 and a few down 2-3 via lifts )) Barracks would be similar only larger, A nice new forge for our blacksmiths and armory (( we will have a personal blacksmith within our walls and one in the town mayhap )) Begin planning and coming up with ideas, I will be hand picking my building team, if you can show me examples of your work great! (( remember depending on how the new world is we may need miners and such gathering tons of materials so you can always help out! ))

((I have around 15 stacks of wood, and if the Verge is in 2.0, (I've been hearing that the Verge is in 2.0, but I do not know) I will store it there, and the builders can use every last bit of it. I'm also still gathering more. My woodcutting is like 48 :D)) ((Also, I need to get to the Aegis base. ))

I have been using minecraft structure planner and have been sketching up some ideas. I was thinking walls about 13 blocks high. The walls are 3 blocks thick but the ones in row in the middle is empty. The row in the middle has planks in the bottom and those planks will be set on fire. (help lower heating costs lol) The fire will be to keep us warm since we will be in the north. The wall is all i have done at the moment. I can try to take screen shots but i am not very familiar with using mcedit.

post-20913-0-64810200-1322983205_thumb.p

Here is one picture i have never used mcedit before that is why it is underground. But this is the gate.

((I mean no offense with what I am about to say, I think it would probably be better if we have a little build contest of a section of wall plus a building of your choice limited to a 15x15 area. I realise that this is supposed to be a sketch but that gate is pretty *expletive*ing large, plus the walls are a little too basic for my liking. Is this what the walls will actually look like and is the gate realy going to look that massive and out of place (gatehouse anywhere?). Again, i mean no offense but i don't really understand what you are trying to show here.))

Also reading the news it appears Aegis 2.0 is out next week sometime (( so begin to prepare! ))

Also will be looking for a team of builders to help me in building and planning out a new keep (( once we are settled in the new world )) The Aegis keep and the Verge keep where build mostly by me (( with minimal help not that people weren't willing to )) I built them hastily (( as both keeps where built during times of conflict, in Aegis it was the undead in Wrath's clutch, and in the Verge it was the orcs. )) I'm hoping we can take our time and erect a fine structure, remember the plan is a walled city (( using our bedrock plots )) with a walled keep inside. The city should have plenty of room for farms to be set up, housing, shops, (( housing for possibly the Knights and civilians though I'm debating between keeping it separated )) The keep will need to be large itself so that we can move away from Tower based keeps (( Maybe a few floors up 2-3 and a few down 2-3 via lifts )) Barracks would be similar only larger, A nice new forge for our blacksmiths and armory (( we will have a personal blacksmith within our walls and one in the town mayhap )) Begin planning and coming up with ideas, I will be hand picking my building team, if you can show me examples of your work great! (( remember depending on how the new world is we may need miners and such gathering tons of materials so you can always help out! ))

((As i said before, I am a pretty impressive medieval themed builder and would be more than happy to help you build. Too many times have i gazed upon the cube that is our keep at the moment, not to mention the wall and literally soiled my trousers (im exaggerating by the way). After looking at lastguyplaying's picture I seriously don't want us to have puny little ramparts that a 5 year old would draw, rather massive things that come towards you, armed with murder holes and windows that are easier to shoot out of than shoot into. The wall also wouldn't be flat but rather adorned with decorations to make the castle look all the more imposing. If we are going to make a good castle, it has to look menacing and like we have put time into it, not a flat wall going ridiculously high with 5 year old ramparts at the top. I am going to start on a section of the wall now and I will post a screenshot, to show you what I mean.))

P.S. Please don't rush the castle, take your time and consult us who will actually be inhabiting the castle.

P.P.S I wouldn't put farms inside the castle walls, it would just be a waste of wall and look unauthentic

((As i said, that is just a sketch. It looked a lot better in my head.As Casamir said the keep was made in a time of war. It was made quickly so we would have protection. I believe the keep needs to look menacing. Also if the farm is outside the wall what will keep people from destroying it. I am wondering how do you plan on making the windows that are easier to shoot out of than into. Just wondering how they are made.))

p.s As I said before the other keeps were rushed because of war.So there was no way to consult with everyone. That is why Casamir is the leader he is the one in charge of making decisions in a time of need. It was his choice to either wait and possible die or make it to the best that time allowed and we survived because of it.

The farms would be inside the city walls, the keep will have it's own walls inside the city, I've been looking at the two keeps around us and I'm thinking maybe a wall design like those ones (( +-+-+-+- )) with decoration and such of course. We can easily fiddle with small designs in game come 2.0 like lay down the groundwork for different styles and compare before raising them high.

((Here is a screenshot of what I thought the castle entrance would look like. It's unfinished in the picture but each tower is 25 blocks high, the walls are 10 blocks high and there are 8 stories inside the towers. each tower is 7x7 and the walls are 3 thick with lava in the middle :3. There are murder holes in the ramparts (i forgot to include them in the walls in the pic but they are there in reality). Are these too big or what? If you have any negative feedback, i won't take offense, after all, it is your castle.))

P.S. ((if you want the roofy thing in the middle to be stone its perfectly fine, it just depends on what the roofs elsewhere are made from.

post-21745-0-03278400-1323019330_thumb.p

post-21745-0-03278400-1323019330_thumb.p

((As i said, that is just a sketch. It looked a lot better in my head.As Casamir said the keep was made in a time of war. It was made quickly so we would have protection. I believe the keep needs to look menacing. Also if the farm is outside the wall what will keep people from destroying it. I am wondering how do you plan on making the windows that are easier to shoot out of than into. Just wondering how they are made.))

p.s As I said before the other keeps were rushed because of war.So there was no way to consult with everyone. That is why Casamir is the leader he is the one in charge of making decisions in a time of need. It was his choice to either wait and possible die or make it to the best that time allowed and we survived because of it.