Spoiler

THE WOVEN WAY

The Lady's Many Faces
zHIvSPE.png
"Our Lady in Silver. She, of Many Faces."

UnVrXkD.png

A FOREWORD:

Spoiler

The Moon, as wretched as its truth is, has served as a symbol for many peoples across the ages. For many others, a very real divinity, worthy of its recognition. For some, further still, it has served as a guiding light, revealing the way home in times of tumult and too treacherous night.

I make this point with purpose. The Weaver, as she should be known in the ages yet to come, has always stood before a backdrop of resplendent, lunar light. She has always been shown in a dyad, or as one, with the Moon. Its celestial form is, to some, synonymous with her message, and many of her means. To try and speak of my ways without some nod - some meaningful homage paid to it, would be a most heinous mistake.

Still, I understand. Those who follow the Spirits– most memorably, my kin of Nor’asath– look to the night sky and see Luara. They may see some other manifestation of faith and deific rite, depending on the phase our shining moon displays. The Mother Circle, as has been shown by ample posting, festival, and ceremony– a few of which I myself have partaken of– acts similarly. They have taken in the wholeness of its cycles and seasons. Found meaning in each shift and subtle change of its glow. I respect this, and encourage others to join that revelry whenever they are able.

All of this is my way of saying, urging, promising, that I harbor no delusion concerning the Moon. It is something we all look to, and something that has more meanings to more people than I will ever have years. What is written here is not, in any way, intended to discredit those beliefs.

[[The above section is in a spoiler to avoid bloating the post. It isn't essential to enjoying the art or writing below.]]

UnVrXkD.png

uKjeD3P.png

New. Empty. Resting. 

“In its retreat from the sky, our Lady saw the necessity of loss. The safety in secrecy. The worth of rising to meet another day.”

The first of the few phases I will discuss here is that of the empty moon. Its logic is something I was told many of our warriors would employ when outmatched, or when poised to allow others their retreat. Waiting, conserving their energy, and allowing the treachery of Night– or, in simpler terms, the threat at hand– to pass them over. This logic stemmed from means beyond combat, and so too can it grow towards something greater.

The Balance, sometimes, is served best by those who allow threats to exhaust themselves, and be conquered later by well-rested minds.

TRVxgNC.png

Crescent. Hooked. Snarling.

“In its sharpening into a jagged, witty thing, our Lady found the potential of growth. The virtue of violence. The time to fight and claw to defend what is ours.”

The second phase, that of the hooked moon, is one that has been adopted by many warriors even beyond our number. It was something held in too much reverence by so many misguided, zealous cabals, who saw only the ferocity of bare moonlight and shadow. It should be employed when an advantage presents itself, or when a situation calls for decisive, merciless action. Pouncing, utilizing the whole of their power, and descending onto a mounting threat. Even if it was first seeded in the throes of combat, it can still be applied to quieter dilemmas.

The Balance is, at times, served best by those who know to tamp down problems at their outset.

af3oyR3.png
Full. Open. Watching.

“In the resplendence of its full power, having witnessed both death and rebirth anew, our Lady awed. The purpose of change. The insight it offered. The harmony she would strike, in championing it.”

This final phase, that of the open moon, represents the height of the Weaver’s wisdom, and is a state that my mother urged me to assume whenever able. Warriors and scholars both strove to not only exemplify the lessons she learned in her observing those other Aspects, nor solely her proving that change could be a bridge between them, but her cunning in taking a longer view. Waiting in the face of a threat, ready to meet their assaults head on, enlightened by all they’ve observed on their watch.

The Balance is best served by those who, with each action, reaction, and observation, provide a good example for others to follow.

[!] Slotted Seers, contact me to view a hidden message attached to this posting. [!]

UnVrXkD.png

7v4PuXI.png

UnVrXkD.png

SIGNED,
Dubh Ainmhí. The Oracle, Dread. Daughter of Truth. Voice of the Great Owl, Idol of Knowledge & Wisdom.

Spoiler

[[OOC: I would like to take a brief aside to thank @Evanuri, @DISCOLIQUID, and @Valkirey for inspiring me in my writing this. All three were a massive help. I don't think we've ever interacted, but the Dwarf & Brathmordkin stuff put up by @VerminHunter is hugely cool and was what made me originally want to be more open with my lore posting. I would have loved to reference Grimdugan in part of this posting, but unfortunately my character has no knowledge of the entity, nor his Emerald Book.

Elsewise, it occurs to me that addressing the nature of these posts might be worthwhile. In my experience IC, the role of the Aspects as deities is more whittled to a source of power than it is a real faith, for any who do not adhere to the Wood Elven ways. They (perhaps purposefully) do not play much of a role in the magic, and that's okay! Nemiisae especially, due to what I have learned was a rather shaky beginning and gross misusage, is sidelined. What I am writing (though IC action does not really require an explanation of this kind) does, admittedly, contradict the wider perception of that god. It's supposed to. It feels clunky to ignore the history there, even as ill as it is; so, I'm just trying to delegitimize it instead.

Edited by thequeennadine

The Great Owl utilises ancient energies to create a gift for his wonderful oracle. It was the first time he felt it was necessary, as its neck bobbed up and down whilst seated upon the solitary perch.

Asketil Blackroot, Chief of the Blackroots and Seer of Hefrumm, looks into the texts. He would make notes to seek out more information and see if there is any knowledge found in them that could help Da Seers Eron Hefruth better understand the Brathmordakin and the signs they place in creation.

((very nice post))

Thanks for the shoutout! I'm really happy you found my posts enjoyable :)

Great post too!