[Alchemy Addition] Sylvian Greenmolding

ClassyDryad

-*- Sylvian Greenmolding -*-

0612468442ac29237404425821a193dd.jpg

source

Greenmolding Oil

Tier 3: Rare

One of the most versatile and advanced forms of sylvian alchemy, the greenmolding oil is often the last which enlightens itself upon the mind of the dreaming find of a mortal-bound faerie. Through it, a means to match the artifice of descendant-kind through the means of the world is made manifest.

Recipe:

Spoiler

Base: Fae Ichor (A third of one count mixed with brook water)

Earth Endurance x2

Life x1

Grace x2

Poison x1

Recipe further varies depending on the desired result:

Silkform

Swiftness x2

---

Oakform

Agility x2

---

Stoneform

Mundane Rigidity x2

---

Ironform

Rigidity x1

Impediment x1

---

Steelform

Fire Strength x3

Impediment x1

Effects

The process will create a green oil of a heavily saturated green color, which lets off a smell similar to sap when exposed to the air. When freshly harvested plant matter is soaked in this material, it will become oddly malleable like clay for a narrative hour after soaking for ten narrative minutes. Should one painstakingly mold floral material from one or more plants, they might eventually form an item of some sort by the end of this process. When the oil dries away, the item will take on additional qualities depending on the recipe of the potion.

Silkform becomes soft and flexible akin to silk in all respects. Oakform becomes hard and rigid, similar to oak wood. Stoneform becomes hard and dense like rock, but too brittle to be used in weaponry or armor. Ironform becomes hard and strong like iron, bearing the same weight and the same resilience against flame, while steelform is similar save for bearing the strength and weight of steel instead.

One use of the potion can be used to produce:

• Up to 8 rings, arrows, bolts, nails, tiny objects, or a minecraft block when used in building with stoneform.

• Up to 4 daggers, bracelets, or similar.

• Up to 2 hatchets, maces, short swords, crowns, buckler or similar.

• Up to 1 Longsword, axe, longbow, shield, cloak, or similar.

• Half of a greatsword, lance, full outfit, half-plate, tower shield, or similar.

• One third of a set of full plate.

Redlines

• While a rare potion, it is a sylvan potion and may be self taught by fae under the conditions set in Sylvian Alchemy.

• Each form bears identical qualities to its mundane form based on the form chosen, from silk, to oak, to stone, to ferrum, to steel. The plants used are purely aesthetic.

• Greenmolded items can be infused as they are floral items, though only oakform items can be awakened. Awakened greenmolded items cannot produce entlings.

• Stoneform may be used to make blocks of floral material for builds, forming 8 blocks per potion. 

• Greenmolded items count as natural floral items for all intents and purposes.

• Greenmolded items, unless otherwise infused, are not alive but appear to be frozen in the state they were molded in.

• Living floral items cannot be molded, they must be first harvested from a plant within 3 ooc hours of the item's creation.

• Liquid sap can be effected by the oil, taking on a form like amber with the form’s qualities. It is never translucent enough to be ‘invisible’ or otherwise hard to see.

• Ironwood and ashwood reject the potion and cannot be molded, as do any unnatural floral things such as voidal reagents.

• Further uses of the oil can be used to mold and repair greenmolded items.

• Greenmolding oil takes too long to go into effect to be used in combat.

• Only one form can be chosen per oil, decided based on the recipe.

• The potion, and things used to make it, are player signed.

Alternative Secret Epiphyte Amendment (should this be preferred, will be removed from final post if not)

Spoiler

Molding

[Non Combative]

Epiphytes, able to manipulate their essence to sow seeds or create manifestations, are similarly able to impart small amounts of their essence into fresh floral artifacts and make them temporarily moldable like clay. This requires at least [3] emotes to perform, during which the epiphyte gathers floral material, infuses it with energy, and molds it into the shape they desire. When an epiphyte molds floral material, they may choose one of the following options.

Soft like silk: The material becomes soft and flexible, behaving like silk in all respects.

Swift like wood: The material becomes hard and sturdy like wood, behaving like oak wood in all respects.

Hard like stone: The material becomes dense and brittle, behaving like stone in all respects.

Strong like iron: The material becomes strong and sharp, behaving like ferrum in all respects.

Redlines

• Each option bears identical qualities to its mundane form based on the form chosen, from silk, to oak, to stone, to ferrum, to steel. The plants used are purely aesthetic.

• Molded items can be infused as they are floral items, though only 'swift like wood' items can be awakened. Awakened molded items cannot produce entlings.

• May be used to make blocks of floral material for builds.

• Molded items count as natural floral items for all intents and purposes.

• Molded items, unless otherwise infused, are not alive but appear to be frozen in the state they were molded in.

• Living floral items cannot be molded, they must be first harvested from a plant within 3 ooc hours of the item's creation.

• Liquid sap can be effected by molding, becoming claylike during the creation process and taking on a form like amber with the types’s qualities. It is never translucent enough to be ‘invisible’ or otherwise hard to see.

• Ironwood and ashwood reject the essence and cannot be molded, as do any unnatural floral things such as voidal reagents.

• Molding may be used to repair molded items.

• Molding cannot be used to damage things on a perform or other people's things without ic and ooc permission.

• Items created with molding are player signed.

Purpose

I wanted to make a potion to replace the rare one I had to remove from Sylvan alchemy, and I had the concept of something fun and aesthetic that fits the themes for it. So I wrote it! It should act as a way to make nice floral weapons. I also thought something beyond Dryad’s Skin should use fae ichor as a base.

alternatively the means of making plant gear could be given to epiphytes directly if Lt are fine with that!

Credits

Author: Me

Concept: Just me

Proofreader: Myself

Cool I guess: @Gaea_Foundation @DragonofTaters

Citations

Spoiler

Ironwood has to be wood and weighs 75% the weight of iron. This is plant cosmetics.

talking abt aesthetic, ignore previous question. didnt read properly

Edit:

nvm, read your edited comment. I feel that this would work better as a lore addition that plant ppl can make rather than an alchemical potion that will be rarely used, and costs herbs to make

I actually do like that idea, though then only epiphytes could make it and not tree lords and people who want to murder sprites for funny swords. If Lt would rather it be a plant thing I have no issue with it.

makes it more interesting when plant ppl arent a reagent but rather the people who can make it -- cooperation, slavery, etc.

otherwise, not sure if it's noted but i wouldnt make this st-signed if it's comparable to mundane stuff

It's player signed dw.

could just be something added onto Druidism instead of Alchemy 

I think this is pretty fuckin’ cool. I love Sylvian Alchemy, and really love this +1