Grand Steward's Decree: Taxation Relief

WDIfBIuXGpFK28o5MmTzR7flbcyLNaOo7E3LD7VC

17th Sun’s Smile, S.A 125

24/04/2023

ᛊᚺᚨᚹᛏᛁ ᛚᛁᚲᛖ ᚨ ᛗᛖᛚᛟᛞᛁ

Taxation Relief

ᛁᚾ ᛗᛁ ᚺᛖᛞ

By decree of the Grand Steward,

To provide immediate aid to the people of Urguan, I use the power invested in me to implement swift changes and aid schemes. Although not comprehensive, I wish to aid the people of Urguan as soon as possible, with  further aid down the line.

1. ALL CURRENT HOUSING TAXES WILL BE PAID FOR, BY ME PERSONALLY, FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS, THIS AMOUNTS TO 2500 MINA.

A. People who purchase a house or rent one within this timeframe will only have to pay the downpayment, and not pay rent until the initial four years following this decree are passed.

B. This does not apply to stalls or stores.

This will be done to ensure the Kingdom still receives money for the war effort against the Mori, and to give time for comprehensive tax reform to be discussed and implemented for the benefit of the people.

2. ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE NOT PAID LAST YEAR’S TAX WILL BE PARDONED.

A. Annual occupancy checks will be conducted to ensure that houses are still in use.

This will allow people currently struggling to establish themselves within the Grand Kingdom of Urguan without the worry of taxation. The occupancy checks will allow for the Grand Kingdom to maintain housing to distribute while preventing them from being hoarded by absentees who do not need them.

3. THE TREASURY WILL SUBSIDISE THE ALCHEMICAL GUILD AND THE HOSPITAL TO PROVIDE NEEDED HEALTHCARE TO DWARVES
A. A grant of 200 mina shall be given to the alchemical guild and 200 mina to the hospital for renovation.

In light of the recent Mori attacks, medicine is needed now more than ever. Thus the treasury will work to subsidise health so our people can remain steadfast in these troubling times.

4. HEFRUMM WILL PAY A FLAT RATE OF 150 FOR ITS TAXATION, INSTEAD OF TAXATION UPON ITS RESIDENTS.

The nomadic lifestyle of the forest dwarves does not allow them to remain in the village of Dol’Anym long, and taxation of those people has always been difficult and inconsistent. Hefrumm will act upon the promises of Agnar Grandaxe of allowing Hefrumm it’s own bank and establish its own tax office.

5. A REDUCTION IN SHOP TAX AND NEW MARKET TENTS
Taxes for stalls and stores within the capital will be reduced by 1 minek, and the tents outside of the capital will be formally open for taxation for 1 minek. This will alloy for enterprising dwedmar to afford to start an enterprise. And the Grand Kingdom will still be able to levy tax for the war effort.

6. NO CHANGE IN TAXATION OR FORGIVENESS FOR LAND OWNERS OR VASSALS

While these reforms may be lacking, I have implemented them on short notice in order to provide immediate relief to the kingdom’s people. More comprehensive reforms will come with more discussion, and hopefully we will have an opportunity to raise our concerns within a King’s Court.

Signed,

Garedyn The Green, Grand Steward of Urguan, 

High Chief of Hefrumm, Chief of the Mossborn

High Prophet of da Kirkja Dverga.

Grand King lofts a brow.
What?

Sigrun Ireheart prepares to raise his axe in defence of these promises.

Ursus Frostaxe Grandaxe does the same as Sigrun, but with a sword