Lynx's Peace - PK Post

No words were spoken from the elfess as nature tolled the sounds of death, she simply sat in the only place that still had sunlight as she began to just weap, she didn't know how long she sat there nor if she would get up anytime soon. Nemea's mind racing as she felt reality hit her and it hit hard, her teacher was gone the person that guided her dead. 

she would never forget Tailsan and knew one day she would see her again. 

A strange pale elf trudged through the frigid nightfall, across the twillight and into the evergreen, their determined march would then break into an overjoyed sprint to finally reach the duo

"Welcome home, I missed you two so so much."

Warbled Siruonn between sobs, greeting the two with open arms.

=====

Alone Inside their home, deep into the vale Klaus would weep into their hands, they weren't there to say goodbye, they didn't feel like it was their place given the amount of people gathered... 

After some time, wood shavings hit their floor as the lad began a project to make sure those two would never fade from their memory.

A perhaps long forgotten Sister dressed in greenery and loose fabrics strides forth, waist bound with a variety of small flasks and clay vials full to the brim with booze and other liquor. “Another?! Welcome! Enjoy some fresh adult-juice. It never ends.” That Sister Calendula roared in welcoming, dancing about in a mad-man haze.

forest_of_dreams_by_goldeguy_dfi60nj-pre

As the ripple of energies cascade across the sky within the pristine realm of the Aspects, familiar tugs of those the Ancient Druid had once known is felt within her soul. Her attention shifts, vanishing immediately from sight from the Nature Dragaar that now slumbers within her secret garden. More familiar presences diverging on the newcomers' location being sense as suddenly there the two were. For a moment, a glowing ivory owl would remain hidden above the branches of the trees observing the duo silently. Sasha, her companion, not so much, immediately moving from the bushes to then rub up against the Lynx Druid’s side as it purrs softly. The other would be what the Owl transfixed upon. Memories having faded of long lost connections of mortal coil before the color of Liri’s eyes broke the barrier. The air around the immediate scenery instantly shifts, creating a vast wave of utter tranquility that matched no other before as the ivory owl came swooping down with her claws extended, moving to rest upon the Snow Druid’s shoulder. It's swirling, aqua and ivory gaze resting upon her facial features. 

The Twilight Realm’s sky breaks with a presence that calls a hunter to its domain. Its denizens alerted of the two now welcomed home. Yet one that rested upon the savannah plains casted forever at the hour of the sun setting recognized this familiar calling. The Lioness having no hesitation as she quickly moves across the Domain to find the gathering that now surrounded the others. The ebony cat-like ears perked up, now seeing the two. but more importantly the Lynx Druid as she creates a smirk before standing off to the side. Her form now leaning against a tree with both arms casually folded in front of her. “About time, old cat. And you came on your own terms.” Her voice was blunt yet filled with pride and relief, seeing her dear friend and mentor finally at peace and with her mate upon her own terms. Her ebony tail swaying casually behind her.

Within the quiet sanctuary of the Paladin Keep, the Fawn Druid sat within the small garden filled with flowers and trees that huddled around a nearby pond. The work of the Riptide Druid restoring this area brings her peace of mind as it reveals what she could do with her blessing yet as she contemplated this, a strike upon her soul, not once but twice, was felt. Her breath paused as she clenched her chest. A wave of panic befalling the young Druidess as she looks around while tears begin to dribble down her cheeks. Confused and frightened, Revian went back up within the safe inner walls of the Paladin Keep. Only then would a letter be received. The words left of her dear friend now coming to realization of what was felt and there sitting in the grass would she silently weep. Yet as she held that letter close and her tears continued to pour, a gentle smile would be upon her face understanding why it happened and that the Lynx and Snow were finally at peace. 

Two more for the forest (for now), two more to let rest and be at peace. Marie stood ready with her shepherd's crook as the two appeared in the place of their rest. It was a relief to see the two arriving with such relief and comfort, rather than the pain and suffering of so many others. She'd just have to help for a while to keep the nosy fey from bothering them overmuch so they could get some of their rest in death that they couldn't have in life. 

~~~

With his last chance, Valmuel had reached for his Haelun one final time and spoke for all to hear.

image.png

image.png

Even as he grieved, he was happy. He was with the people he loved and who loved him. Not just his mothers' but also his wife, his son, his sisters and so many nieces and nephews and too many more relatives in one way or another than he could count. Hanging on his hip was a sheathed sword, the one that Tailesin had taken into battle before. Now it was his, and he would take up arms at any time to protect those he loved. 

Now he was back home with his wife and his son, he still had a life to live without the presence of either mother still in it. As he read the letter left to him and cried, he still smiled in spite of it. He grieved for his losses, but he knew he could grieve only because of the immense love he held for his family. Death came hand in hand with life, and there was no better circumstance that he could imagine to see his mothers' off than they be at peace and surrounded by those he loved.

Now he busied himself in the kitchen along with Mordun, making memories anew. The letter from Tail had been tucked away for safekeeping, but he never got around to reading the part about how to make tea properly.

Spoiler

I've known Drusus for 9~10 years now out of character. He's maybe my oldest friend, and certainly the one I think of as my best friend. He's also the reason I came along to LOTC. While talking about RP it came up that Tail was planning to have kids and I thought what the hell, how about I play their first one?

So Valmuel was in the works then, but before he was playable I needed something to do...so I made my halfling Marie to chill as and get used to the server, and the rest is history as I got sucked in. 

I might not have been the most active player, for many reasons good and bad, but I always tried to be a comforting one. I was always glad to get to RP with Drusus when I could, and Lumii too! As I love both the players and the characters alike.

So any of you who loved any of my characters, you have Drusus to thank.

Now, lets see what images I can spam...

OedjWDG.png

IR8tzjB.png

8DUzVDr.png

mU3vIVX.pngwUZuJlc.pngJH7tIzi.png

ru5P7yf.png

y7lQH7X.pngfIdDUx2.pngRjFrqWL.pngKxfWVaM.pngG2257Xy.pngWyOJzGt.pngZOOM9UF.pngj1CjOn7.pngslT8gGd.pngW0LkgEx.png7KoV46T.png0LgSA2n.pngAdQosF4.png

LeM7L7I.pngy8PIKHq.png

Between the moments of inconsolability, a pup of the Lynx druid held his head high to the sky. He was distraught to see her go, but so proud of his haelun and teacher. One day, he hoped, he'd be able to join her in the Eternal Forest with a story to make her proud and keep her legacy alive.

Whenever the parade of welcome was near its end would a goblin that has become even more chaotic since her passing give a hug to Lynx after latching onto liri's leg for a while "WELCOME TO THE FOREST TAILLLL!!!! please ride my ferret no one ever lets me give a tour!"

Saera sat alone in her room within the grotto silently giving prayers and wishes to the departed "Rest well lynx may amanthea treat you well in his court" she says looking to the fae ring outside her window, perhaps sometime i shall visit when i learn the power"

Curled up in his little garden in the house with legs by the sea, the 'ker looks out towards the open water. Memories of a brash woman making him want to hide under a log to escape blended slowly with slightly quirked lips and companionable silence sitting next to each other, overlooking the Grove and the people within it as the two who didn't like small talk were likely to do.

Tears welling and falling he traced his faded tattoos, he let them come freely. He was grateful to have spent those last moments with her, had he known they would be the last...maybe he'd have said more. Shared more...but he knew death wasn't the end for their kin, so he had time in the future to share all the more. That didn't make that moment any less precious then it was...and his selfish wish for just a little more time.

"We'll walk together sometime...and we can sit together...have tea...and stare awkwardly at whomever tries to get us to chat.."

He gave soft sobbing laugh...a faint smile as it began to rain outside...

Somewhere, deep in the holds of the Song, Vines felt a tremor and a shift in the rhythm of her dance and remembered, thoughts unbidden, the gruff figure who held her hand through the delivery of a child; who walked through their village with a rugged grace; who had guided so very, very many. 

She paused.

And, like all the rest whose path the Lynx had left her mark upon, she mourned.