A Peaceful Night

“Mater, mater! Who is that?” exclaimed a child, no older than 5 as they pointed up to the statue of King John I. The Childs mother bending down to speak to them with a soft smile. From across the square, Princess Persephone walked past, stopping and glancing at the small commotion. A faint smile, etched with sadness danced across the scarred face of the Princess. She felt the urge to stop, speak to the child about her departed pater, but many children had in the past recoiled at her marred face. The woman continued walking. 

Diligently, she went down into the vaults of Atrus. They were unused, despite her best efforts to promote the ample storage areas and miniscule rent. It acted more as a personal storage for herself and one of her sons, who occupied one of the many vaults. Persephone went about her monthly chores; checking the communal furnaces and restocking the coal, sweeping the hallways, dusting the ever present cobwebs from the dark corners of unused rooms. It was relaxing in its own way, doing the tedious and quiet work. Down in the darkness etched halls, it was easy to forget the woes of the world. 

It was hard to hear the cries from above

Spoiler

"I don't like sand. It's coarse, and rough, and irritating, and it gets everywhere."

[!] The following notice would be passed around the refugee camp of Savoy by the Princess’s sons [!]

_XFnmiAFoVXtcLhUMZriiXVykGVSFXT6tlywHcGueAZABhN5zvocKMtv-fJASSqM0lnbu6q8ZYu823o6gwppH0Tr9hMp-unL844z5NbTXZbSq5BdpXxdrrLU4DGo0FB861Ac-miPMYU7K0PQD4Iz9oI

UjxGYwTvHXHmmJ2YcVU0551pApr9xrjHH5THruSv1MBU2LKn2_0h7ZZb-5lzQgnFgUDM2lU38jhh_ApRA3hwXUiHYEIFGvDuS2naioR2uljxV3Ls5KY-0MvPPL07-ww3pPwsElTimp6n701NrEqo8KU

_XFnmiAFoVXtcLhUMZriiXVykGVSFXT6tlywHcGueAZABhN5zvocKMtv-fJASSqM0lnbu6q8ZYu823o6gwppH0Tr9hMp-unL844z5NbTXZbSq5BdpXxdrrLU4DGo0FB861Ac-miPMYU7K0PQD4Iz9oI

MISSING

Persephone Maxima Novellen-Vilac, Princess of Balian

Last seen near the bank of Atrus, 13th of Godfreys Triumph, 57 B.A

Appearance: Black hair, grey-blue eyes, lightly tanned skin. Burn scars covering half her face and body. 

[!] Below was a copy of a portrait done of the woman when she was a young adult [!]

final.jpg?Expires=1691135208&Signature=4d-M4brUxmOqtdwwh71p2D-g88X~QkYoeobFKOSR8zf77smd~mZVEcC-E9W-G0IA2ebP4GN7Q7biOTB34R4Ux4sQtAokaSumqKDwOxeytQRn6XKQ793ka~oDMIsOHPrNu0WUuhg7-0OF0YZrCcvChuwKK8U3laGZK0U~cAI8dQOSOWGPObekekX8gfJl6dLffMb6ptNd3xoU0RV1P1HVnGs3psFM6Y~-mtQjawSY6mk2xajdpqJ1mo2GliPeYDybO7rmb-mBSV~AW9gQ3115aMVE4jab~VmgfdVHVLyA52-MUhdKcJBzkNwtvpkYSG3QS2EXJUtCk9zrhyhAoI2LJQ__&Key-Pair-Id=K1ZXCNMC55M2IL

Spoiler

It took a lot to come to this decision of shelving the persona. To put things bluntly, outside factors and people weighed heavily into my decision to do this. 
That being said, I still thank @Imperium for allowing me this opportunity, @HIGH_FIRE, and @Wavey for always believing in and encouraging me. @Haraldfor listening to my sad times and being there for happy memories. @gusfor being the reason this persona was ever created. @MapleSunflower, forever my Waifu. @LazyBacon220and @TotallyNotSaintfor being my fantastic sons. @sarahbarahfor being my daughter, even if for a short time. Lilly too but I do not know her forum name sorry.

Portrait credit: AI art https://dream.ai/create

Ledicort would grumble about the dragon he just had to ride on to escape the damned worm he had seen. He would pause taking the missing notice and deeply furrow his brows, now more aubibly grumbling about his old friend and employees disappearance.

As the news reached to Little Alisgrad, the Princess of Norland went

searching for her friend in hopes of comforting her or perhaps, sharing a drink.

@Maevlin

Eirene Vuiller would gasp at the missive, praying to GOD for a miracle to occur and see Princess Persephone once more, signing the lorraine after 

Sand. Everywhere. The Head of Vilac held his hand tight against his mouth. 
In and out. He thought to himself as he tried to breathe to little success. His throat was coarse and burning with every shallow breath he took. Yet he kept searching. 

Kneeling down in the sands of Balian, he searched. The proud white cloak of his armor clung to his body. The Lord had escaped the fighting with little injuries but the sand. kept. coming. Casimir flung off his gloves, as he dug, looking for something. Or someone.

His body ached. His fingers were sore, and his feet were covered in blisters and yet he continued on. Hours passed and little progress seemed to be made until he collapsed in the dunes. He wanted to cry, but nothing came. His face stung from the endless peppering of sand and rock. His world was torn away from him. 

"Niet..." Gaius widened his eyes as he read the notice, his hands shaking as he held the paper. He took in each word like a knife to his heart whilst a lump of guilt formed upon his throat, "Niet..." He uttered again now in a rasped whisper, "Y should have kept a closer eye on her. The Duana are niet just colleagues...they are family." He remained silent as he closed his eyes, taking in a deep inhale as he then exhaled softly.

"Yam sorry Persephone...We will find you." The Ruthern would then take the notice to the King and Queen's quarters to organize a search party for the missing princess. 

The youngest son of Persephone staggered through camp in a daze.
A wave of emotion threatened to overcome him if he stopped, so he didn't even when his feet couldn't support him any longer, even when his throat was hoarse...

Hours, days passed and he still refused to admit it. 
"Ea will find vy." He swore, continuing onward.