The Balian Bee Gazette | [Vol. 1]

[!]

Stacks of newspapers circulate throughout the southern Kingdom, wrapped in aromatic wax paper and topped with little icons of bees. 

Black-Knight-Free-to-use-on-planetminecr

"Best News Under the Sun"

Honey-comb-divider-yellow.png

Year 1928  /  61 Balian Annum / 481 Ehr Sigmunda

A Grand Hunt

King Adrian, Lord Commander DeNurem, Princess Johanna, and a slew of others went hunting in the grand jungles of Balian - and came back successful with several corpses of large, leafy beasts! The question everyone's asking is ... do the beasts even have meat? The palace cooks are attempting to study and serve them as this is being written. What do you think: flora or steak?

nikolay-elizarev-lizard-leave.jpg?164426 

The First Balianese Ball

Following the unfortunate lack of success with the Grand Harvest hosted by the Palace Court, the Balianese Ball seemed to be a greater hit with the Kingdom and her Allies. Everyone began picking their partners to enjoy the traditional music the courtiers played, though there was one pair - trio, rather - that didn't seem up to do-si-dos. Following the drama spoken of in the Hearsay of Hanseti-Ruska, Prince Stefan's commoner wife offered her first dance to King Georg, who was quoted saying "I'll pass." before walking out of the ball! Ouch.

On the other end of the spectrum, their Royal Majesties Adrian & Andromeda had a lovely dance before a Conga Line started in the ballroom. His Excellency, Fabian Kortrevich, was then seen being run out of the event by a Baroness Callista Kervallen after her daughter, Lady Emelia, was reprimanded for a pranking spree. Following the news on the Kervallens, as the Ball came to an end, someone of their kin brought a gigantic, monstrous Knight to boast to His Majesty. How horrifying!

image.png?width=1118&height=587 

Canal Death Count

So far, no deaths have been attributed to the Alligators & Hippopotamus in the Balian canals.

It has been 1 Day since someone has fallen into the canals.

Honey-comb-divider-yellow.png

image_2023-06-13_193135223-PhotoRoom.png

Got gossip? News? An event you'd like to promote? Send a bird!

[Msg @.balian. on Discord or this account over the forums to submit news/gossip/events.]

Edvard takes one of the newspapers and reads over it "I see, decades working for that damned Kingdom and now i am just 'One of their kin'" He says shaking his head, the mage then moves to find Invictus, the 'monstrous Knight' "Invictus, new directive, find and terminate whoever wrote that shit, maybe change that canal death count for once"

Franziska scratched her head in confusion. “Ea danced with eam husband all night, ea made no such offer to His Majesty!” 

Callista kervallen scowled at the comment "horrifying? more like the person who made this. is horryfing."

A long-time newspaper writers squints... "Hm, they haven't found a balance yet, have they? Could use work." Comments the writer, Cresence. "Maybe I ought to offer my help..."

As the newly printed paper would come across the desk of the Legate’s Office, Princess Elena’s brow would furrow upon final inspection. “A bit crude of a paper to insult our allies and spread misinformation.” Muttered the Princess Royal before offering her own concluding remarks. “My mother would be disappointed someone would use her signature animal for such a publication.”

Emelia frowned down at the paper, scratching her head. "Awh . . . ea wasn't included in the hunt section." She paused, then looking over at the aforementioned 'monstrous Knight'. "And I like Invictus!"

58 minutes ago, PerfectlyPeachy said:

Franziska scratched her head in confusion.

Marlene von Alstreim fanned her employer frantically with a large leaf she had gotten from a visit to Balian "You are simply the bravest Princess Raev - to marry for love!"

"God, I love reading the news." the King of Balian stated as he took a sip of tea, going to nod proudly that publications were coming out of the Southern Kingdom.

Kor'garr, owner of the Kaktuz Weekli, raises a thick brow when reading the new competition's slogan... Yet he gives a pleased nod while happily reading the brief yet informative articles.

"Veri concise... Wehl duhn."