2 year AMA

satinkira

What’s been your favorite rp encounter on Verena :)

5 minutes ago, Cheese1sgrater said:

What’s been your favorite rp encounter on Verena :)

Probably the aftermath of Juniper getting her arm reattached. A good combination of silliness and seriousness, and also impactfulness!

Just now, satinkira said:

Fy1CClFX0AQlT6d?format=jpg&name=small

Continue doubling it for forever

Why do you continue to go on, satinkira.

How does one stop the nightmares of past slightly non-perfect actions from keeping you up at night?

Also what are some personas exclusively from other people that you really liked a lot for any sort of reason? Whether because of their RP, the story created from them or just their very concept and vibes to begin with, anything really! : >

Edited by Agy

What's the worst quality roleplay you've seen on here, and why are my first RPs with you one of them?

And second, how do you keep going man?

Third, why haven't you applied for CT or ST yet?

Oh, and would you rather fight a thousand Ralphs or one An'Gho?

12 hours ago, Harfleur said:

Why do you continue to go on, satinkira.

I get this question every now and then, and the answer I usually give is that I want to finish off the MALUKOR eventline in a satisfactory fashion. It's a bit of a lie though; I do want to finish the MALUKOR eventline, but it doesn't really have enough pull to keep me on the server since I got denied from ET and I realistically won't be able to properly put it into action until about November (Assuming I get onto ET, which is by no means a guarantee).

Whenever I stop and spend a few hours thinking about this, I inevitably end up making a stupid leaving post that makes me quit for about two weeks and then return, which then gets me rightly laughed at. I've stopped bothering with those, since I know they'll never actually work. I would assume it to be an addiction to RP, but since I barely ever log on nowadays, I find that doubtful.

I don't know why I stay. I've spent so much of my time on LotC unable to log on, and - looking back - an young, impressionable teenager with too much free time in places such as Rozania during its downfall and Haelun'or during the schism and the Azdrazi during the Jentos ban and so many other incidents, unable to interact with the RP side and only the OOC? It was never going to end well.

I know I've upset a lot of people. Whether it was my handling of the Karkosa eventline or how impolite I was with the handling of the Jentos ban or how I scuffed my first day of playing an Imp or how I abused my pex when I was ET, I know I've made many, many mistakes, and I know people remember those mistakes, and I know that most reasonable people would put up their hands and bow out; some people here don't like me, and the server frankly doesn't provide enough enjoyment since I can't log on that often to justify staying involved and risk having to deal with past drama again. Whenever I join a community irply and stay there irply/oocly, some massive drama inevitably unfolds. Whether it was Rozania dissolving, the Haelun'or schism, or the Azdrazi splitting apart and then Jentos getting banned, it's constant. It's exhausting. Not to say that all of the above was my fault - Rozania would have broken apart without me, Haelun'or was always going to face a civil war due to the OOC scheming of a certain few who I won't name, and the Azdrazi split apart without me even realising until it devolved into OOC.

I don't know why I stay. I guess I'm too tired to leave. I have very few true friends here. They're all fantastic, but I can talk with them outside of LotC. I suppose LotC is a bit of a way to relax after a stressful day; joking with people in OOC chats, sending stupid memes and pretending to be a fictional roleplay character on the forums, and sometimes logging on when I can. I don't know why I'm here. Do you know why you're here? I suspect very few truly do. A lot of the drama that gets me down is a result of my own foolishness, so I have no right to complain. I guess we're all too tired to leave.

5 hours ago, Agy said:

How does one stop the nightmares of past slightly non-perfect actions from keeping you up at night?

You accept the blame, and apologise to the afflicted party - and you have to mean it, too. If they don't accept the apology, that's their choice, but you've done all you can. If it's an ongoing action, stop it. Do what you can to make up for your mistakes.

5 hours ago, Agy said:

Also what are some personas exclusively from other people that you really liked a lot for any sort of reason? Whether because of their RP, the story created from them or just their very concept and vibes to begin with, anything really! : >

I quite enjoyed RP with The Hag (played by @Olandyr). They very much nailed the niche of the evil hag who cackles over potions and spells, and their usage/aesthetic of magic left one guessing as to what magic they were actually using. This had the effect of making it feel like a unique, original experience, something that is rare these days.

1 hour ago, Markisstreaming said:

What's the worst quality roleplay you've seen on here, and why are my first RPs with you one of them?

It actually isn't. It was probably with an Elysianite, who, after I successfully smashed in his collarbone, broke his skull, and cut off his limbs, emoted dragging himself back to Elysium and telling everyone my identity. Then, a few days passed before I found out, and the word was spread - so it couldn't be voided. Very frustrating.

And second, how do you keep going man?

See my response to Harfleur. I don't know. Too tired to actually get up and leave this place. Also, I have some cool friends.

Third, why haven't you applied for CT or ST yet?

I applied and got onto ET for a while ago, but I quit for exam revision. Exams are now done, but people don't want me on ET due to past mistakes. I'm also unable to consistently log on for a few weeks, so I'll realistically apply for ET maybe around November.

Oh, and would you rather fight a thousand Ralphs or one An'Gho?

One An-Gho. I've killed him before, I'll do it again. A thousand Ralphs, though.. 

19 minutes ago, satinkira said:

You accept the blame, and apologise to the afflicted party - and you have to mean it, too. If they don't accept the apology, that's their choice, but you've done all you can. If it's an ongoing action, stop it. Do what you can to make up for your mistakes.

I feel the strong need to say that in hindsight, I should've personally made a greater effort to properly articulate, that I was talking about embarrassing accidents and innocent mistakes that have imbedded themselves in ones subconscious for all of time. And not infact regret and shame born of any actions made in the past. In either case, very solid advice, thanks! : >

...Also I hope you are able to tell your story regarding MALUKOR exactly as you envisioned it, as well as that the experience as a whole is something you very much do enjoy doing! You clearly put a lot of effort and polish into making it.
Best of luck and best of wishes!!!